Euro Cup 2012 - Poland/Ukraine

Who Will Win Euro Cup 2012

• Total voters
Well....Day One certainly brought a suprise, and it wasn't the stunning result that Russia claimed over the Czech Republic. Mark my words....Russia is the Cindarella team in this tourney and they'll go far.

The surprise was Greece squandering 3-points by missing a Penalty kick. Giorgos Karagounis' attempt to lift Greece by a goal was lame at best. Opportunity wasted and the end result was a a draw.

Actually there was another suprise. By issueing 2 Red Cards the officials are making it clear they control the game and will do so. If i were a coach I'd tell my players to double-up on controlling their emotions as a message was just sent.

I missed today's games. I'll make up for it this weekend.

I missed today's games. I'll make up for it this weekend.

I only caught bits and pieces of yesterday's games as well, since I was working. Today however is a different matter.

The Netherlands - Denmark
Germany - Portugal!

I'll be at the Pub for both!:D

I cannot believe no one registered a vote in the poll for Germany!:eek:

Hi,

as a German I voted for the Netherlands.

Today we will know more about the 4 teams in this group.
In my opinion the german team ist too tired for this Euro cup.

Andreas

Hi,

as a German I voted for the Netherlands.

Today we will know more about the 4 teams in this group.
In my opinion the german team ist too tired for this Euro cup.

Andreas

Hi Andreas!

As a Dutchman I voted for The Netherlands, but I still think Germany has what it takes to win this.

Why do you think they are too tired? They have a very young team, no?

Hi John,

yes they are young. I have seen them in two games against Switzerland and Israel. Ooooh, it was boring.

Especially the players of Borussia Dortmund. I loved their play during the league. They won nearly every game. But they played very energy sapping. Nobody in the league did more miles per game than they did.
Three of the Dortmund guys played yesterday in the polish offense. They were a shadow of themselves.
Hopefully (for me) I am not right.

Only 6.5 hours. Then the game Netherlands vs Denmark will start.

Andreas

Last edited:
Hi John,

yes they are young. I have seen them in two games against Switzerland and Israel. Ooooh, it was boring.

Especially the players of Borussia Dortmund. I loved their play during the league. They won nearly every game. But they play a very energy sapping. Nobody in the league did more miles per game than they did.
Three of the Dortmund guys played yesterday in the polish offense. They were a shadow of themselves.
Hopefully (for me) I am not right.

Only 6.5 hours. Then the game Netherlands vs Denmark will start.

Andreas

I'm really looking forward to both games today.....should be most entertaining.

Good luck in the Tournament Andreas!:D

Only 2 hours left before kick-off! I've ordered the full tournament PPV package from TSN for $20. Now I can watch all of the games, rewatch them if I want, all of the interviews, pre-game and post-game analysis and a bunch more stuff!

It's going to be a fun-filled 3 weeks! :D

Can I change that to Netherlands 2 Denmark 1? :)

Yes you can.

Slow start as it took a bit to get settled, but it picked up. Nice goal by Denmark and at least they found the back of the net. Hopefully we'll find it a few times in 2nd Half.

:D

My predicitions: Netherlands 2 Denmark 0
Germany 2 Porugal 0

Ronaldo to throw a hissy fit.

Or one of them classic dives!

I never expected this! Wonderfully played by Denmark and the Dutch simply couldn't find the net.

Two things for the Dutch - 1) Bench Arjen Robben next game. Far too many selfish attempts at goal. 2) Stop the long shots from outside the box. It was ridiculous.

I never expected this! Wonderfully played by Denmark and the Dutch simply couldn't find the net.

Two things for the Dutch - 1) Bench Arjen Robben next game. Far too many selfish attempts at goal. 2) Stop the long shots from outside the box. It was ridiculous.

I hope that they don't bench Robben. He's such an exciting player to watch. Maybe the team is just warming up and getting used to playing together.

I hope that they don't bench Robben. He's such an exciting player to watch. Maybe the team is just warming up and getting used to playing together.

Yeah he is exciting and very talented, but has a severe selfish streak that cost them today. Also, van Persie couldn't find his legs today. He kept slipping and sliding and losing balance. It's gonna be tough to advance now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing