Experiences With The Ikeda Tonearms?

Mister Pig

Oct 13, 2016
Anyone have thoughts about the newest generation Ikeda arms? I am looking at the IT-345 CR-1 for my SOTA. I spoke with them and they say a reduced weight armband can be built to install this arm.

As I understand it the earlier Ikeda arms were a continuation and refinement of the Fidelity Research arms. Does this story still hold true for these new generation ones? It seems some people think the legendary 64S is a superior performer.

Any thoughts or experiences you have to share would be appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing