Fatsest Production Car on the Planet

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Hi

Was reminded of what it means for something to just trample the competition. THis car does have it.. I don't care much about the Styling.
perfromance -wise .. it is head and shoulder over all other cars. A true Engineering marvel... No you can drive it in DBT :D
Please watch this

or

this
and finally that:

To keep thing in perspective the BMW M3 is one of the quickest car on the road as quick as any Porsche save for the top of the line .. As quick as most Ferraris .. A spectacular performer at a "decent" price... Will shame most exotics when performance comes to the conversation about $60K

This car is simply the fastest production car .. Period!! and it finds a way to do it in a civilized fashion ...
A true Engineering marvel.. That is what I allude when I see half million dollars amps sounding only different from run of the mill amps ...
Performance has a price. True, but performance there must be

If I could I would buy this car in a heartbeat ...

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
yeah but they all have four wheels and an engine :) How can they be different :)

LesAuber

Jun 21, 2010
Just for giggles I have to throw this out. Cars that measure the same, at least on the normal gamut of auto mag type tests, can and do feel different. One can seem like it's tapped into your brain driving like an extension of your will while the other will need to be manhandled at every step of the way.

I very much agree about the Veyron styling. Impressive engineering but not a car I'd take home to keep even if I had the price of admission.

If you've not driven a current M3 and have the chance take it. While it's a bit heavy and not the last word in handling it is a very competent sports sedan and the sound of that V8 up in the powerband is simply glorious. Definitely find an underpass or tunnel to drive through. Sensory overload. Of course find some twisties to fling it through also. Came very close to buying one.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Les

I am also a big fan of the M3 ... A real car with exotics performance .. Great styling and civilized behavior .. I have driven it and the notion of it being heavy is not so true.. Steering is harder than more mundane cars... It needs to be a little more heavier on the steering .. The car is after all a 414 Hp bomb and can accelerate from 0 to 60 in less than 4 sec ... So steering needs to be precise ..not light ...

In term of measurements, I agree , cars feel differently .. No doubt ... but this Veyron ... people!! You have to admit it .. Putting tho shame the mighty Mac Laren SLR!! or wiping the floor with the M3 or anything else for that matter .. and that: 2 5 3 m p h !! Easily while talking to us ??!!! Woah!!

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Just for giggles I have to throw this out. Cars that measure the same, at least on the normal gamut of auto mag type tests, can and do feel different. One can seem like it's tapped into your brain driving like an extension of your will while the other will need to be manhandled at every step of the way.
Spot on, Les, and one of the several reasons I have trouble with audio/car analogies.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Wow. 250 mph/407 km/h. The fastest I have driven was 160 mph/h or 260 km/h. You develop an amazing level of tunnel vision even at that speed. Can't imagine what happens at 100 miles/hour faster!!!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I was on my CBR1000rr at 172 and it really felt comfortable/stable. For raw acceleration, nothing beats 0-60 in 2.5sec or 9.5 sec. 1/4 mile on a sportbike!!

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nothing beats the insurance premiums for that either! ;)

To think it was Captain Slow driving. If it were the Stig could it have gone faster? Hahahahaha!

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Wow. 250 mph/407 km/h. The fastest I have driven was 160 mph/h or 260 km/h. You develop an amazing level of tunnel vision even at that speed. Can't imagine what happens at 100 miles/hour faster!!!
For $5K and some travel, you can join the 200mph club. Or at least make the attempt.:)

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
the driver of the Veyron drove it to the lake while trying to reach his cellphone that dropped on the floor, travelling at relatively low speed I've read.... ouch

I'm heading to this event (Race The Base) this weekend, I hope somebody in Veyron shows up

muralman1

Jul 7, 2010
Sacramento Ca
Yeah, but what a crying shame when the Bugatti can't reach the freeway first in one of those uphill 2 lane ramps that neck down to one at the top. That requires a jack rabbit acceleration like the cars shown running against the Bugatti.

Really, I love the car. I would buy it in a heart beat. Not the two tone please.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
I must admit, I'm not keen on the Bugatti's styling, and it's technology just seems to be a bit of "brawn over brains". A Maclaren F1--not that's a super car! It was the world's fastest production car for years (243 MPH, IIRC), with "only" 640 BHP or so, plus of course all that carbon fibre.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
A Maclaren F1--not that's a super car! It was the world's fastest production car for years (243 MPH, IIRC), with "only" 640 BHP or so, plus of course all that carbon fibre.
When the F1 first came out and many times thereafter, I'd walk by the showroom off Hyde Park to leave my faceprint on the window and a puddle of drool on the sidewalk.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Never mind the car which BTW is beautiful. How about the house and property.. Here in California you can build an entire subdivision with another 100 houses. Is that yours Gavin. If so I am truly jealous

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing