"Fausto Mesolella-Madama Terra"--Fone---wow!!!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i've been buying every Fone pressing i see lately (14 in the last 90 days). all are all analog and well recorded, as well as nicely pressed. only 496 pressings are made. mostly i either like or love the music.

this one, guitar tracks by Fausto Mesollella, is really fine; but 2 cuts on side 2 are out of this world. i am stunned. you need to hear this. he uses different guitars on various cuts and has accompaniment on some. it all works and flows.

the title cut "Madama Terra" and "Ghemma" have a realism and he is right here and fully alive feeling, and he is on fire. something magic is happening......a sparkle and liveness beyond the concept of reproduction. maybe my Etsuro Gold--LFD cables---CS Port LFT1--EMIA SUT chain.........is doing something crazy too.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/153309/Fausto_Mesolella-Madama_Terra-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

1602736797076.png

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The pagannini and vivaldi you hear on the thread showing analog video compares of Gian's system are both Fone

Reactions: gian60

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I buy all the lp from Fone' because are all very good.And price is enough good,34.90 euro.

All recording are 100% analog recorder with all tube equipment and a Amper ATR 102,2 track,half inch at 76 speed.

He produce only 500 copies,because for him after 500 the quality decreaes,first 4 keep for himself and 496 put in sell
Very special are with Salvatore Accardo,very few are 45 rpm

Mesolella is very special Live at Alcatraz,incredible recording and also Canto Stefano is very good.

Attachments

• IMG_3339.jpg
    IMG_3339.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: bonzo75

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
These two will make you feel like in the den with them.

75B02FFD-588D-450D-A94C-0A413D7FACA7.jpeg

Attachments

• 8508CA1C-1B2D-4600-8EB9-0D1D56F739B3.jpeg
    8508CA1C-1B2D-4600-8EB9-0D1D56F739B3.jpeg
    1,020.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: brencho

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
SHH, Mike stop ! There are only 496 each :). Seriously, I agree with you. Some I like, some I love, they are all recorded well. The SACD's off tape are also excellent. For Jazz the Enzo Pietropaoli Quartets are all very good.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
He sells master tape copies too!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes,
i have Paganini,Pink Panther and La Notte and are very very good,price aroud 250 euro

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I buy Fonè at nativedsd.com, I have at least 15 albums in DSD 64 ( standard Fonè sampling rate) which are the best among other recording studios, even in higher resolution. I am a big fan of Giulio Cesare Ricci technique.

If I am not mistaken Fonè sacds are made from those native dsd recordings.

https://www.nativedsd.com/label/fone/

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks Mike. Are there other Fone releases you find outstanding?

there are many very good ones.

i suppose i'd say all the Scott Hamilton titles are very good and i'm a jazz fan, and the guitar recordings are consistently outstanding. you can't go wrong. buy a few and go from there. hard to choose.

i have two that i'm not crazy about. the Mahler 9, and the Pergolesi Stabat Mater. likely if i listened a few times i would get into them. not sure his recording approach captures those type performances. more lilely it's me and a lack of an ear for what is going on......yet.

brencho

Aug 28, 2018
LA
There are a few Astor piazzolla fonè recordings that are so good... as a fellow Argentine I feel compelled to recommend them highly. agree with others on the jazz, classical guitar, and violin/piano arrangements being excellent too.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
There are a few Astor piazzolla fonè recordings that are so good... as a fellow Argentine I feel compelled to recommend them highly. agree with others on the jazz, classical guitar, and violin/piano arrangements being excellent too.
Just got this one: Non Solo Tango Live

Reactions: brencho

DetroitVinylRob

VIP/Donor
Dec 29, 2016
Metropolitan Detroit area, MI
i've been buying every Fone pressing i see lately (14 in the last 90 days). all are all analog and well recorded, as well as nicely pressed. only 496 pressings are made. mostly i either like or love the music.

this one, guitar tracks by Fausto Mesollella, is really fine; but 2 cuts on side 2 are out of this world. i am stunned. you need to hear this. he uses different guitars on various cuts and has accompaniment on some. it all works and flows.

the title cut "Madama Terra" and "Ghemma" have a realism and he is right here and fully alive feeling, and he is on fire. something magic is happening......a sparkle and liveness beyond the concept of reproduction. maybe my Etsuro Gold--LFD cables---CS Port LFT1--EMIA SUT chain.........is doing something crazy too.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/153309/Fausto_Mesolella-Madama_Terra-180_Gram_Vinyl_Record

View attachment 70312
WoW yes! Just listened to a copy last night. I had done a bit of sample streaming on Fausto, not being familiar with his work but seeing the limited production numbers on this pressing. I was fond of what I heard but we where very pleasantly surprised at just how well this performance builds its momentum. Gorgeous.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
I buy all the lp from Fone' because are all very good.And price is enough good,34.90 euro.

All recording are 100% analog recorder with all tube equipment and a Amper ATR 102,2 track,half inch at 76 speed.

He produce only 500 copies,because for him after 500 the quality decreaes,first 4 keep for himself and 496 put in sell
Very special are with Salvatore Accardo,very few are 45 rpm

Mesolella is very special Live at Alcatraz,incredible recording and also Canto Stefano is very good

Gunther Kurten, owner of Thorens played "Anima" from the Canto Stefano LP for me on the new Thorens 140'th Anniversary, Reference turntable. Notably, Gunther used the Thiele TA-01 tonearm to play all the records, fitted with an Ortofon "Virtuoso" cartridge.

Fausto Mesolella’s Anima from his album Canto Stefano features guitarist and singer Fausto Mesolella performing 12 songs composed by Italian writer and poet Stefano Benni. Giulio Cesare Ricci used tube electronics for this pristine sounding, analogue recording. This album has no editing, all the tracks on this record are heard as they were performed.
Fausto Mesolella: vocals, bass & guitar - Mimì Ciaramella: drums
Ferdinando Ghidelli: pedal steel guitar - Almerigo Pota: flugelhorn.
Album available on LP (limited edition of 500) and SACD on Foné.

I played "Anima" over the weekend at THE Show in Costa Mesa - stunning. is as effective a word as any to describe this song. I will definitely look out for more Fausto Mesolella LPs.

Attachments

• Canto Stefano.jpg
    Canto Stefano.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 3

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I buy on regular basis Fone in native DSD files from nativedsd.com , it happened to me to buy also several Fone sacds .
I have " Madame Terra " in native DSD , outstanding music and sound quality. Now I will download "Canto Stafano", one can't be wrong with Fone:)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing