Ferrari Appreciation Thread

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
I took a 360 Modena out track racing. I then got into a Lotus Elise straight after it on the same track, and I kid you not it was far more fun.

Unappreciative I know, but I just wanted to make the point.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
That doesn’t come as a surprise since the Elise is a cracking drive with sublime handling, which I preferred at the time of its launch to my Caterham. A good friend owned a 360 Spider but wasn’t sad to sell and get back into another 996 turbo. The experience cost him 50k for 15 months of ownership

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
My father drove home one afternoon to surprise the family with a Ferrari from the late '60s. I can't remember the exact model number, but it had 12 cylinders and looked similar to this. His was very dark green with tan leather interior. I am partial to cars from the late 60s.

View attachment 43817

It’s a 275 GTB , from the angle of the picture it’s hard to say if it’s a short or the long nose . Or if it’s a a 2 or 4 cam . Very nice car . Peter does your Family still have the car ?

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
When our granddaughter was 2, my son-in-law started teaching her the names of cars and how to recognize the badges. She surprised us a few times, including calling out Mitsubishi once. We were driving on one of the freeways in LA where they live and she confidently called out "MUSTANG". Of course, being LA it was a Ferrari.

Larry

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
For me it is this, hands down.
While working for the brand I have heard many great stories as to why people gravitate to specific models,such a passionate bunch!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
1958 250 Testarossa

Being in Reno and in the automotive trade I was fortunate to see the 250 Testarossa many times and enjoyed smelling the exhaust fumes;) The car was owned by Mr. Lou S, and Mr. Dave P., Lou brought the car to the Ferrari Hill climb many times ,along with his 250 LM. Truly stunning cars these were, along with the P4, Superamerica 500,500 Superfast,and California GTO spyder, they were all there and many Porsches ,and 427 Cobras. I was blessed to see all these fantastic cars and get to meet the owners. I believe at the time Bill Harrah had one of the largest Ferrari collections,.

The first Ferrari I ever saw was a 250 Lusso in silver when I was about 7 years old...I was hooked. Favorites are the 275 GTB short nose and the 250 LM to name a few.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I think Christian has one of the nicest Ferraris from all WBF members and owners here. Is it allowed to say that I'm proud of him.
____

For driving around where I live, all along the Pacific coast on the island, and downtown Victoria when going to the chick restaurants and music concerts and dancing cabarets with my lover ...
? https://www.wired.com/story/ferrari-monza-sp1-sp2-inona-cars/

That would suit me just best.

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
It’s a 275 GTB , from the angle of the picture it’s hard to say if it’s a short or the long nose . Or if it’s a a 2 or 4 cam . Very nice car . Peter does your Family still have the car ?

No sadly, my dad sold this car years ago. He bought it in the early 70's. I was just a kid. He drove it around the Midwest cornfields and used it to invite other 12 cylinder car owners to parties at our place. One guy had a Daytona. I remember sitting in the tiny back seat with my brother as the owner hit 140mph and then had to slam on the brakes because a combine was slowly passing from one field to another and crossing the road at the bottom of the hill. Those were the days that you could drive cars like this. These car parties were great: A few E-Types, a Pentera, some Maseratti, pretty cool parties for 12-year old boys to wander about. The Ferrari was always in the shop and I think he sold it before buying a Morgan 2+2. He was a car guy who owned an HRG in college and was a member of the college's sports car club. He had one of only 9 HRGs in the USA at the time. Imagine that in college! I bet that Ferrari would be worth something today.

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010

Reactions: bazelio

Cincy2

VIP/Donor
Jun 2, 2016
Tampa, Florida
My favorite. Twelve cylinder, front engine, rear drive, dual clutch transmission. She was my guest for 2 1/2 years.

Cincy

IMG_0059.JPG

Reactions: bazelio

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
No sadly, my dad sold this car years ago. He bought it in the early 70's. I was just a kid. He drove it around the Midwest cornfields and used it to invite other 12 cylinder car owners to parties at our place. One guy had a Daytona. I remember sitting in the tiny back seat with my brother as the owner hit 140mph and then had to slam on the brakes because a combine was slowly passing from one field to another and crossing the road at the bottom of the hill. Those were the days that you could drive cars like this. These car parties were great: A few E-Types, a Pentera, some Maseratti, pretty cool parties for 12-year old boys to wander about. The Ferrari was always in the shop and I think he sold it before buying a Morgan 2+2. He was a car guy who owned an HRG in college and was a member of the college's sports car club. He had one of only 9 HRGs in the USA at the time. Imagine that in college! I bet that Ferrari would be worth something today.

Thanks for the reply Peter . I’m sure it’s in the million dollars already, specially if 4 cam w/ alloy body . I think the last one sold for $8 million dollars .

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing