For the Love of Pets

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Basically, don't think about stealing anything from Al.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Al, what do they do to visitors who don’t think your system sounds like a real orchestra

Reactions: Alrainbow

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Reactions: SCAudiophile

J007B

Jul 25, 2020
Not my dog but a funny picture. IMG_0602.jpeg

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I always have company listening to music. Or watching TV

IMG_5053.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3978.jpeg
    IMG_3978.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3261.jpeg
    IMG_3261.jpeg
    697 KB · Views: 14

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Here’s m’lady

3BC9458E-8745-4355-B038-09226B249D71.jpeg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Looks like an Egyptian Mau with the gooseberry colored eyes and fur markings.

Actually, it is a striped British Shorthair. British Shorthairs are normally blue, but there are some alternate ones including tabby, striped and other colours.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
the two Belgian malinois must be put away
the are protection dogs
very obedient and they go almost everywhere. you should see people’s faces when we get up from dinning out and they come out from under the table.
My wife is a trainer for all types of dogs. for our family they are very loving pets and well controlled.
in our homes you can keep them loose with guests but we feel given there capabilities and there protection training it’s not good.

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Rebecca and Fofò, my two beautiful Maine Coons who love listening to music with me. Fofò It is truly gigantic, it has enormous dimensions, bigger than a cocker and weighs 13.5 kg

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    920.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    973.9 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    997.2 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-07-22 at 14.02.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-07-22 at 14.02.47.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
every time I visit the ad pages of those who sell hi-fi equipment I find the term device kept in a no-smoking, no-pets apartment. You pass the phrase no smokers but I really don't understand why our furry friends, cats, dogs and other things need to change or alter the appearance or functionality of our devices. I like to tell an anecdote: I don't remember exactly in which particular recording I was listening there was a barking dog. At that point I saw one of my cats jump away from the sofa and run away in terror (normally they don't get scared even when they hear New Year's Eve fireworks and remain unmoved) …… Thinking with a cool head I thought that my system had achieved a truly high quality of timbre tones. I don't know how many of us are capable, like our animal friends, of hearing the negative differences in the sounds emitted by our beloved hi-fi systems…the next time I publish an advert for the sale of some hifi equipment I own I will point out that it is so good that it has made my dear cat friends love Mahler Beethoven and Bach and they have become true fans of symphonic music

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
every time I visit the ad pages of those who sell hi-fi equipment I find the term device kept in a no-smoking, no-pets apartment. . . . I really don't understand why our furry friends, cats, dogs

Most dogs and cats shed fur. So I interpret that disclosure in an advertisement to indicate that a buyer should not be concerned that fur fell into open air vents in a component and landed on the circuit board.

I think one member here told us the sad story that his cat accidentally relieved himself/herself or became ill on his Boulder amplifier, resulting in a messy cleaning job.

If Lola wants to listen to the stereo, I carry her in and put her on the couch. (No paws or outdoor shoes are allowed on the listening room carpet.)

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I had a cat departed now but a rescue
He loves to sleep on top of my large hp laser printer warmth I guess.
Then one day he released urine on top. hours and I could not take all parts apart
only choice but a new one
next a blanket on top just in case.
dogs and cats do mess up stuff no matter who says they don’t

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Good morning, I don't really agree with these statements, no self-respecting domestic cat would do its business where it sleeps, it is certainly reasonable to think that the fur of our animal friends could contribute to dirtying and clogging up our hi-fi equipment, ( I myself have two small robots that go around the house all day taking care of vacuuming up everything they find) but rather than finding adverts indicating the non-presence of animals inside the house I would find it much more reassuring to find it written that the equipment for sale has received regular maintenance and continuous and constant cleaning. After all. Although I don't clean my house myself, I don't allow anyone to clean my hi-fi and I take care of it myself, which I do on a weekly basis. At this point, why not indicate that any appliance for sale has been kept in a smog free area, a much more harmful situation for our beloved appliances. I challenge anyone who lives in the city to declare something like this, moreover you can also live in a house where no one smokes but you cannot keep away what comes from the surrounding air, except for the very rare circumstance of being in a pressurized environment. Have any of you ever opened a computer or some other device kept for a long time in animal free environments... at best you will find it full of dust and probably with the presence of fluff inside. what I dispute is the connection made between the goodness of the device and the Animal free home, I might as well write: none of the occupants of the apartment have acid sweat.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing