FS Ktema's and best amp to pair with?

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Just received a new pair of Ktema speakers and curious from other owners of this speaker what amplifiers have you found to be a great match?

Attachments

• Ktema at SOS.jpg
    Ktema at SOS.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 66

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Reach out to Uk Paul...I believe he runs them on Concert Fidelity hybrid amps.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Just received a new pair of Ktema speakers and curious from other owners of this speaker what amplifiers have you found to be a great match?
By all accounts, a sublime speaker. Enjoy and look forward to reading about which amp you decide on for these speakers.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Thanks still waiting to hear from any users of the Ktema's and what they have found works and brings out the best in the speaker.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
You should definitely email Paul Stratton of Z:Axis. In fact, I happened to see him today on the street! He owns them, is very exacting in his standards. An engineer with an artist's sensibility or an artist with an engineer's rigor.

Reactions: Uk Paul

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Thank you Lloyd, Marc for your kind words.. Steve, just replied to your email, as Marc says, Concert Fidelity ZL200 Solid state, ( I use a tube pre still)..

ptman

Dec 23, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just curious, are you unhappy with the pairing with your Bricasti gear?

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Actually no not at all but.....always nice to hear from others that have the same speakers and find out what they have found to work best. I'm even contemplating to get a pair of the new Bricasti M30's in for a listen. ;)
Also thinking of the Solution 511 stereo amp. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: cdka

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Actually no not at all but.....always nice to hear from others that have the same speakers and find out what they have found to work best. I'm even contemplating to get a pair of the new Bricasti M30's in for a listen. ;)
Also thinking of the Solution 511 stereo amp. Thoughts?
Hello SOS,
You could speak to Albert Porter re Soulution, have you thought of Audio note Overture ?

Last edited:

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Have not considered AN Overtune. I imported ANJ for close to 10 yrs so no their sound well, it's very "earthy" and lush/romantic and I've moved onto a more accurate fuller sound. Nothing wrong with its sound characteristics but not what I'm after currently.
I'll reach out to Albert.
Thanks

Reactions: analogsa

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Communicated with Albert Porter who thinks VERY highly of Solution gear so I'll be receiving a Solution 511 amp in for evaluation once the Ktema speakers are fully broken-in. Also hope to have a listen to the Bricasti M30's.
Thanks all for your thoughts.

Reactions: cdka

Nicko

Sep 10, 2023
Vienna, Austria
Thanks still waiting to hear from any users of the Ktema's and what they have found works and brings out the best in the speaker.
Hey SOS, I just joined this forum to reply and also ask about what to pair my Ktemas with. I just got them used from a deceased collector and they replaced my entry level B&W 603 Fronts. Ever since I auditioned the Ktemas at a local dealer half a year ago, they were my dream speaker, and now I got lucky and found them for a half affordable price. Before listening to them, I had my mind set on B&W 803s, thinking that resolution, clarity and an utterly revealing character is the ultimate goal. After having had both side by side, I realized that the B&W were too analytical for me.
The Ktemas at the dealer were on an Accuphase Integrated Amp (don't know which model), and the sound was angelic. Totally removed from the speakers, loads of feeling in voices etc., but still very clear and detailed, punch in the bass.
At the moment, running the Ktemas over my Yamaha A6A receiver, it's worlds better sound obviously than the B&W 603s, I still get the clear lovely sound, but not detached from the speakers. Also our living room is not really optimiser acoustically. So we definitely need improvement on all fronts!
The person who sold me the Ktemas had all Jadis gear, he searched for years and found them to match the Ktemas best. Now I could either buy an Jadis I70 integrated or the Ja30MC Pre and Ja30 monoblocs from him. I feel a little overwhelmed and could use some guiding. That would speak for just going to the dealer and letting them guide me, spending full price though compared to roughly half price going the used route.
Any opinions would be appreciated!

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Hi @Nicko thanks for joining this discussion. Yes, I've been thrilled with my Ktema's after being fully broken-in, took over 300 hrs but boy what a joy! Initially I heard them with some AirTight amps, the 211 32w monos which sounded wonderful but didn't have the muscle to really control the woofers, then with the AirTight ATM-3211 120-watt monos that were spectacular. But at $80,000 a bit out of reach of us mere mortals but something to strive for as end game amps. Have recently paired my Ktema's with the Bricasti M28 monos and had them for close to 3 weeks but in the end I honestly liked the Bricasti M25 stereo amp better. The M28's, while being a bit more focused and having slightly more controlled bass were darker sounding and didn't have the openness or air of the M25 amp. I was a bit perplexed but had 4 others over during my time with the M28's and everyone had the same perspective, the M25 just sang with the Ktema's. I'm going to try a Soulution amplifier and see how that pairs with the Ktema’s, but I can tell you the speaker does like current if you play things LOUD.

Attachments

• 20230824_151034.jpg
    20230824_151034.jpg
    918.5 KB · Views: 24

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing