FTA (Final Touch Audio) Sinope USB cable

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
What you noticed is that we’ve sent all over the world around 10 beta units to cyrcle in audiophile communites in different systems with different ears to collect the data and feedback regarding the performance.
Based on this input additional tweaks have been made for the production batches of cables.

Reactions: richard_crl032

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
What you noticed is that we’ve sent all over the world around 10 beta units to cyrcle in audiophile communites in different systems with different ears to collect the data and feedback regarding the performance.
Based on this input additional tweaks have been made for the production batches of cables.
Aaah .. make sense and tks for the clarification. Will reach out to you separately when I decided to take the plunge. Tks again.

Reactions: christoph and Golum

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
What does this mean? The cable I received 2 months ago isn't current....??????

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
Hi Kingsrule, my understanding is that it means if you had paid for it, it is current and ok production one. If it is beta/demo unit that is presumably free for evaluation, it is not current. Cheers.

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
Goran has kindly sent me an FTA Sinope USB cable to try out and I really like the Sinope clearly better than my beloved FTA Callisto USB cables :oops:

The Sinope is even more transparent than the already very good Callisto and offers even more resolution that let's me dig deeper into the music.

This is without sounding overanalytical.
The Sinope sounds very spacious and palpable, even more so than the Callisto.

If you are offered a Sinope for trial, be prepared that you might not want to send it back. I bought the review Sinope right away ;)

Oh my, I have 4 sets of Callisto USB cables for all my systems/DACs :eek:
Hi Chris, I will be grateful if I can purchase your Callisto if used price is right (hot 5v) for me .. retired since Mar 2022 and not feeling as capable to spurge as before. Kindly PM me. Tks !

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
First of all let me than You for being user of our cable and I sincerely hope You are enjoying it.
Secondly you don't need to worry, as if I remember correctly, pre production testing was done like end of ‘20, hence your cable is normal production one or read it like “current”…

Stay well and all the best;
G

Last edited:

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Is there a wait for these?

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Sorry, I posted my Sinope thoughts here- see post # 656

Last edited:

owen lawlor

Jul 30, 2010
Well, I was going to ask next how it compares to what I'm using now - a Sablon 2020 but Marty seems to have answered that question above!

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Any members upgrading from a current production (not beta) Callisto USB who are interested in selling, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Varma

Feb 22, 2011
Any members upgrading from a current production (not beta) Callisto USB who are interested in selling, please send me a PM.

Thanks.
Sorry for off-topic. @tvad, tried to send you a PM, but unable to. Please send me a PM if interested.

Reactions: Gjo

ReformedNiceGuy

Aug 16, 2022
Hello all, I've had the Sinope for a little while, and has roughly 50 hours so far. While I initially really liked its warmth, well-defined bass and musicality, I have received my new speakers (ATC SCM40) and am finding the overall balance now too warm. Some vocals feel slightly muffled and the mid-range feels a little overblown.

Naturally, I'll be giving both speakers and cable a while to settle, but can anyone give me an idea how the Sinope changes in character during what's generally acknowledged to be quite a lengthy burn-in?

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hello all, I've had the Sinope for a little while, and has roughly 50 hours so far. While I initially really liked its warmth, well-defined bass and musicality, I have received my new speakers (ATC SCM40) and am finding the overall balance now too warm. Some vocals feel slightly muffled and the mid-range feels a little overblown.

Naturally, I'll be giving both speakers and cable a while to settle, but can anyone give me an idea how the Sinope changes in character during what's generally acknowledged to be quite a lengthy burn-in?
last year had the Sinope for 5 months, until i went away from a USB interface (to the Wadax). initially it went through some congestion/muddyness like what you mention, but after about 200-250 hours was very open and agile. i preferred it to the 3x-4x more expensive Gobel Lachord USB for my system balance. it was clearer, more vivid and expansive.

Carlosoptico

Feb 23, 2022
Hello everyone. My Sinope finished its burn-in period with 300 hours, but there might be interference with the new Darkforce M.2 Nvme Femto drive for OS which had 200 hours burn-in when I changed the Sinope USB cable to my old Totaldac Usb cable. This SSD has a very long burn-in period. But wait, it pays off with the most "real" sounding recordings I've ever heard. Recommended !!! Carlos

• Love
Reactions: Golum

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
Hi Chris, I will be grateful if I can purchase your Callisto if used price is right (hot 5v) for me .. retired since Mar 2022 and not feeling as capable to spurge as before. Kindly PM me. Tks !
No offer of used Callisto usb and proceeded with used Shunyata Sigma usb available locally at 50% rpp to end my search to commensurate with the $ spent on streaming and server/player playback ... very nice improvement in body and midrange to lows compared to Oyaide Continental 5S at 1/5 the $ .. the latter is outstanding for the $. Unwatched and cheers.

Sep 10, 2022
anyone compared sinope to nordost Valhalla 2?

Reactions: ctydwn

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing