Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Well now that the cats out of the bag will post up a few more videos of the "old" Limited Edition system before the system is removed and the building undergoes a transformation to make way for the newly launched Contendo II and a full Legend system some time in 2023/2024 :)

chet atkins

Jan 25, 2021
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>who is this singing and would it be on vinyl?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I like the way the camera trembles slightly as it's hit by the sound wave.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
The first two Legend Pieces have arrives (Homerus DAC 3 chassis, and Virgo Preamp 2 chassis). Legend phono Zephyrus is not too much longer!!

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Spent the day yesterday optimizing the bias for the new Legend Series Homerus and Virgo (and Achilleas fine tuning).

I can say that the world is not ready for this. Going from Limited Edition to Legend, I did not expect there to be a massive difference from Stavros's previous flagship. Just the soundstage alone is easily a 20X improvement which can make you feel like you are in a concert hall with a live orchestra. The room is major the bottleneck to hear the true capability of this system.

My new direction in life has now changed from personal goals to doing anything that I can do to own this combo for my home system. This is the new cocaine of the audio world

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Spent the day yesterday optimizing the bias for the new Legend Series Homerus and Virgo (and Achilleas fine tuning).

I can say that the world is not ready for this. Going from Limited Edition to Legend, I did not expect there to be a massive difference from Stavros's previous flagship. Just the soundstage alone is easily a 20X improvement which can make you feel like you are in a concert hall with a live orchestra. The room is major the bottleneck to hear the true capability of this system.

My new direction in life has now changed from personal goals to doing anything that I can do to own this combo for my home system. This is the new cocaine of the audio world

Fantastic...great to see the world continuing to advance. How much is the Homerus DAC? Can you share any details (the equivalent to what is already shared on the website for the other DACs)?

Reactions: Billygxx

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Fantastic...great to see the world continuing to advance. How much is the Homerus DAC? Can you share any details (the equivalent to what is already shared on the website for the other DACs)?

I will circle back to this Monday. Been slammed all week and spent the day on this yesterday so need to take today to recharge the batteries.

The USA retail price is 163k for the Homerus 2 chassis and 215k for the three chassis as shown

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I will circle back to this Monday. Been slammed all week and spent the day on this yesterday so need to take today to recharge the batteries.

The USA retail price is 163k for the Homerus 2 chassis and 215k for the three chassis as shown
OK...so this is Wadax Ref DAC territory. Look forward to reading more.

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
The pics don't adequately convey the size of the huge Homerus. The unit is massive. My MSB Select and both its power supplies could fit easily in the chassis with lots of room to spare. In addition, Stavros's components have now become beautiful on the inside a well. No question about what you are purchasing and that will likely be a question for anyone spending this kind of money. I can now say with absolute certainty that the Homerus blows away the MSB Select in sound quality. The sound stage, in particular, has evolved into this three dimensional space. Due to some software issues I returned the Double 2.16 Pink Faun server. This combination consists of two of the top line Pink Faun servers connected via a special software. At first I thought how can two units just strung together improve the music? Boy, was I wrong! Some kind of magic happens when their union. The love is flat out overwhelming. In its pure music mode,(you can't even stop the playback as you are so disconnected from the controls), it's the best streamer I have ever heard by a wide margin. And I have heard many and own an Extreme. By the way, the Taiko guys are fantastic, I am not trying to Dis such a great product.
Once the double Pink Faun returns home to join the Homerus, I believe they will be the strongest digital combination in all of Audio land. At 275,000 big boys for the retail price of both top line units, the price of admission is steep. As Pink Faun now has a 6 month waiting list, it's not like Josh can just pop over with the top line unit and just blow your current streamer away but if you can find a combo somewhere, you should audition. Someone mentioned Wadax? I would love to hear a showdown between the two top combinations. Unfortunately, given the shear mass of a Homerus and the scarcity of double Pink Fauns, that event is very unlikely to happen.
When my room is completed, maybe Wadax will be brave enough to answer the challenge? Thankyou to Joshua Masongsong for allowing me to breech the ne plus ultra of digital sound reproduction. Every ultra high end dealer/distributor promises the moon and the stars but you have actually delivered.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Can you share any details (the equivalent to what is already shared on the website for the other DACs)?

Ok batteries a bit better than zero now :)

So what makes the Homerus the Homerus? An how is this different from the LE?

The big reveal is that the LE DAC and the Homerus are not the big differences in technology that you might imagine given the vast improvement in sound. You could navigate to the Kassandra LE and find a very close set of specs so it is not as though the Homerus uses more ladders dacs per channel like going from the Ref to Sig to LE. They are both the same at 24 per channel and share a lot of other similarities.

Where the Homerus is different are in the following areas

-The Homerus has a lot of improvements to the IV stage (passive stage that converts the voltage for the tubes)
-The Homerus uses parallel Inverted triode (We'll call it IVT) whereas there is no IVT in Kassandra series
-The Homerus uses two independent power supplies (dual mono) and the LE is one chassis for the output/psu
-The Homerus in 2 chassis form allows it to use the Gen 2 IVT design...but,
-The Homerus in 3 chassis form allows it to use the Gen 3 IVT design. It should be noted that the reason for this is that the Gen 3 is very complex and cannot be contained in a single chassis. So by adding the second chassis for the power it could benefit not just from separating the power supplies, but through a complete upgrade to Gen 3

So to bring it all home the Homerus Legend Series DAC is:

-A refinement of the LE design
-An optimization using the second (or third) chassis for power
-Significant enhancement of performance with not just a single L/R IVT addition but parallel IVT
-From there a 2 generational leap in IVT from the original LE that it replaced

Then you add in the Legend Series Virgo which has 180V compared to the Impera LE's 8V which has been designed to drive the Achilleas. The LE was not. Synergy between amps and preamp is crucial. I have always believed in the preamp being the heart of the system and that the best thinig Stavros produces is his preamps (minus the unobtainable Contendo). Now I am not so sure, as this DAC was something I could have never imagined.

**A fun fact. When we first put in the Legend DAC and Pre Billy was more impressed by the preamp than the DAC. He was listening to analog and preferring the sound until I went in an biased it across all 3 pieces of Legend equipment. Now he is in digital seventh heaven. This is a must, as the tonal characteristics change substantially.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Thank you to Joshua Masongsong for allowing me to breech the ne plus ultra of digital sound reproduction. Every ultra high end dealer/distributor promises the moon and the stars but you have actually delivered.
Thank you! It has been my pleasure to serve you and your audio growth these past 5 years. I am blessed to have you as a customer and that you have put so much faith and trust in me. Looking forward to the day the Zephyrus and Contendo bring it all home for you!

Reactions: lordcloud

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Ok batteries a bit better than zero now :)

So what makes the Homerus the Homerus? An how is this different from the LE?

The big reveal is that the LE DAC and the Homerus are not the big differences in technology that you might imagine given the vast improvement in sound. You could navigate to the Kassandra LE and find a very close set of specs so it is not as though the Homerus uses more ladders dacs per channel like going from the Ref to Sig to LE. They are both the same at 24 per channel and share a lot of other similarities.

Where the Homerus is different are in the following areas

-The Homerus has a lot of improvements to the IV stage (passive stage that converts the voltage for the tubes)
-The Homerus uses parallel Inverted triode (We'll call it IVT) whereas there is no IVT in Kassandra series
-The Homerus uses two independent power supplies (dual mono) and the LE is one chassis for the output/psu
-The Homerus in 2 chassis form allows it to use the Gen 2 IVT design...but,
-The Homerus in 3 chassis form allows it to use the Gen 3 IVT design. It should be noted that the reason for this is that the Gen 3 is very complex and cannot be contained in a single chassis. So by adding the second chassis for the power it could benefit not just from separating the power supplies, but through a complete upgrade to Gen 3

So to bring it all home the Homerus Legend Series DAC is:

-A refinement of the LE design
-An optimization using the second (or third) chassis for power
-Significant enhancement of performance with not just a single L/R IVT addition but parallel IVT
-From there a 2 generational leap in IVT from the original LE that it replaced

Then you add in the Legend Series Virgo which has 180V compared to the Impera LE's 8V which has been designed to drive the Achilleas. The LE was not. Synergy between amps and preamp is crucial. I have always believed in the preamp being the heart of the system and that the best thinig Stavros produces is his preamps (minus the unobtainable Contendo). Now I am not so sure, as this DAC was something I could have never imagined.

**A fun fact. When we first put in the Legend DAC and Pre Billy was more impressed by the preamp than the DAC. He was listening to analog and preferring the sound until I went in an biased it across all 3 pieces of Legend equipment. Now he is in digital seventh heaven. This is a must, as the tonal characteristics change substantially.
Thank you! Fascinating.

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
The eagle has landed! The 4 chassis Zephyrus ultimate phonostage joins the rest of the Aries Cerat Legend equipment to create a full Legend Series System! Stay tuned for a lot of videos showing this bad boy in action next week

381775447_3685271968464180_1501741821714313414_n.jpg

381690462_3685272018464175_6812473645763421901_n.jpg

381821298_3685272051797505_9018941100727100223_n.jpg

381179545_3685271988464178_1297687771841189344_n.jpg

381690073_3685272025130841_8008195229955650013_n.jpg

381676888_3685271958464181_59037616010702586_n.jpg

381220586_3685271978464179_9008529262054747042_n.jpg

381231196_3685272041797506_2003021183862338028_n.jpg

381471750_3685272091797501_4287022861191804292_n.jpg

381807675_3685272081797502_6365813031826194778_n.jpg

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Far and away the most wonderful insides I’ve ever
Seen and this is before to Even play it. Just pure awe in sight alone
I heard an Aries system last year at axpona
While the room was small the sound was like no other. I told anyone I met even strangers to go t that room lol. had Mike L there. the room was small too small but to me it had levels of sound that were above all.
A big congrats on your achievement

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing