Full Limited Edition Aries Cerat System Build and World Exclusive LEGEND Series!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hello Billygxxx,

I saw the Walker in the pic. You are alreafy well equipped with tt.

Nice looking couple.

best,
Tang

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
Thankyou Wisnon. The system shown is at home. I had the oppurtunity to spend some time with Michael Borrenson(formerly of Raidho) and my home system consists primarily of his designs. The new and ultimate build out and system will be at work. Since I actually spend more time there, that is the system I will hear most frequently. It will be mostly Aires-Cerat. Except for the cables and front end. Which will consist of an AS-2,000 table and as yet undetermined digital source. My current build ultimate(for me) system will be low watt tubes and high efficiency horns. What I love about both Stavros and David is that their equipment blends the best of old and new world methodology. While Michael(Borrenson) concedes that some older designs make some beautiful music, he is proud that his designs could not even have existed 10 years ago. When I read on blogs that modern audio design is just about profit, I get angry because the exceptionally gifted audio gear creators i have met are extremely passionate about music. Most of them have left other lucrative careers to join a crowded and tiny market- not simply because of an ego based desire for acclaim, power, fortune or even great sound. They are a part of our world because of the way music makes them feel.

Tango, as far as turntables go, I am purchasing the AS-2000 completely on the faith of the testimony of this blog. I am very eager to hear about your experiences with the AS-2000. David was kind enough to give me an oppurtunity to own this very exclusive creation. As there have been delays with the acoustic consultants, the build out has to be put on hold for a while. I am exceptionally gifted and grateful to be able to own two such high end systems. When I was a kid constantly listening to my JBL 150s, Koss headphones, and Marantz receiver, I could not even have dreamt that i could such magnificent audio gear. While the componenets themselves are merely objects, the quest for beauty and the emotions they can create are something else entirely.

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
The Search For Truth

Thankyou Wisnon. The system shown is at home. I had the oppurtunity to spend some time with Michael Borrenson(formerly of Raidho) and my home system consists primarily of his designs. The new and ultimate build out and system will be at work. Since I actually spend more time there, that is the system I will hear most frequently. It will be mostly Aires-Cerat. Except for the cables and front end. Which will consist of an AS-2,000 table and as yet undetermined digital source. My current build ultimate(for me) system will be low watt tubes and high efficiency horns. What I love about both Stavros and David is that their equipment blends the best of old and new world methodology. While Michael(Borrenson) concedes that some older designs make some beautiful music, he is proud that his designs could not even have existed 10 years ago. When I read on blogs that modern audio design is just about profit, I get angry because the exceptionally gifted audio gear creators i have met are extremely passionate about music. Most of them have left other lucrative careers to join a crowded and tiny market- not simply because of an ego based desire for acclaim, power, fortune or even great sound. They are a part of our world because of the way music makes them feel.

Tango, as far as turntables go, I am purchasing the AS-2000 completely on the faith of the testimony of this blog. I am very eager to hear about your experiences with the AS-2000. David was kind enough to give me an oppurtunity to own this very exclusive creation. As there have been delays with the acoustic consultants, the build out has to be put on hold for a while. I am exceptionally gifted and grateful to be able to own two such high end systems. When I was a kid constantly listening to my JBL 150s, Koss headphones, and Marantz receiver, I could not even have dreamt that i could such magnificent audio gear. While the componenets themselves are merely objects, the quest for beauty and the emotions they can create are something else entirely.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
One system at office, another one at home will be perfect. You are very fortunate. Once I have a new house may be i ask ddk to find me a pair of Everest.

best,
Tang

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
That liquid super copper finish is a thing of beauty, I can´t stop looking at it!

Stavros, speaking about the Contendo speakers, any news regarding the development of the Contendo Reference II? Will they be available this year? TIA.

Hello Narayan

Here is a teaser of Bill's midrange horn,with our SuperCopper,still needing sanding/trimming and buffing out:)

The Contendo was scheduled to be presented this year, but unexpected surge of obligations,and the development of the new finishing technique, dictates to be presented early next year.
As a project ,the speaker is done and developed. Need to be sorted finishing/trimming wise.

Best
Stavros

26236663_10214857609930932_197375483_o.jpg

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
When I was a kid constantly listening to my JBL 150s, Koss headphones, and Marantz receiver, I could not even have dreamt that i could such magnificent audio gear. While the componenets themselves are merely objects, the quest for beauty and the emotions they can create are something else entirely.

Billy, I concur. I had a system when at college, which was big money for me then: Pioneer PD91 CDP and Kenwood Integrated (with big meters) feeding my Pioneer SE-700 headphones which cost me a whole month wages.

1228192-look-awesome-beautiful-kenwood-trio-ka801-integrated-amplifier.jpg 3425771.jpg PIONEER_PD-91.jpg

The thing which started me off on the audio journey (the love of music) was really my parents system, which at that time was an insane spend. My mother was a music teacher, and they both loved music.:)

HK_C1.jpg

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Hello Narayan

Here is a teaser of Bill's midrange horn,with our SuperCopper,still needing sanding/trimming and buffing out:)

The Contendo was scheduled to be presented this year, but unexpected surge of obligations,and the development of the new finishing technique, dictates to be presented early next year.
As a project ,the speaker is done and developed. Need to be sorted finishing/trimming wise.

Best
Stavros

Thank you very much for the photo and info Stavros, I can´t wait to see how Bill´s speakers look like so I can only imagine his excitement and anticipation surpass mine by a magnitude of 1000´s.

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Josh cannot wait getting the speakers,to set up them up for Billy, and asked me to post some pictures...here we go.

Crossover...

29994627_10215721724973268_1661192990_o.jpg

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Josh cannot wait getting the speakers,to set up them up for Billy, and asked me to post some pictures...here we go.

Crossover...

Attachments

• 29994627_10215721724973268_1661192990_o.jpg
    29994627_10215721724973268_1661192990_o.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 239

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
Wow, a super finish. Every one will be unique (hand made).

I am beginning to realise the more AC items in a system, the better it sounds. I must try to hear a full AC system this year. The change (sound hike) the Kassandra has done, imprinted itself on my system - I can't quite believe it, puts a smile on my face....

Narayan

Oct 6, 2015
Stunning looking work, I cannot see the tweeter pictures...not sure if it´s only on my side?

Thank you once again Stavros.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing