Furutech project V1

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I belong to another audio forum called "Everything Affects the Sound". Whenever they get one of these "you people are all fools for spending this much money and are hallucinating if you think you hear a difference" posts they simply evict the poster from the forum, since such a post is at odds with the name and purpose of the group. The same logic would seem to apply to a "What's Best Forum".

I would recommend that you consider taking a similar approach rather than going back and forth with such posters.

Thank you for your thoughts on this matter.

We do not engage in censorship or in vindictive banning here. I am not a forum moderator, but it is my personal opinion that the post in question does not violate any of the Terms of Service of WBF.

I would rather engage the poster in good faith, and see if any kind of mutual understanding can be achieved.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
I'd offer to have that poster over for a listen and compare ANY of his cords to either the Furutech V1 or an Audiomica cord. But he'd never accept the offer.....so sad.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Thank you for your thoughts on this matter.

We do not engage in censorship or in vindictive banning here. I am not a forum moderator, but it is my personal opinion that the post in question does not violate any of the Terms of Service of WBF.

I would rather engage the poster in good faith, and see if any kind of mutual understanding can be achieved.
Vindictiveness doesn't enter into it nor need there be any bad faith involved. It is about fit. If you establish a forum to exchange ideas and experiences related to what is best in audio, a member/poster who seeks to rule a whole category of equipment out of that dialogue and implies that those members who don't share his views are delusional is in the wrong group.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Vindictiveness doesn't enter into it nor need there be any bad faith involved. It is about fit. If you establish a forum to exchange ideas and experiences related to what is best in audio, a member/poster who seeks to rule a whole category of equipment out of that dialogue and implies that those members who don't share his views are delusional is in the wrong group.
Or you can choose to ignore said person and move on and it will handle itself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, he stated his and said he would not engage in any ensuing arguments.

Whats best for one is not whats best for the next person. We have all learned that whats best is a very subjective term that has created years and years of continuous fun fodder.

The name of this place is not Whats The Most Expensive.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Or you can choose to ignore said person and move on and it will handle itself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, he stated his and said he would not engage in any ensuing arguments.

Whats best for one is not whats best for the next person. We have all learned that whats best is a very subjective term that has created years and years of continuous fun fodder.

The name of this place is not Whats The Most Expensive.
I did choose to ignore this person - permanently on this forum.

That everyone is entitled to their opinion is not the issue here. The poster's comments (excerpts below) go beyond opinions about cables which could have been expressed without questioning the faculties and judgement of the members of this forum or invoking the "class struggle" bullshit that is prevalent at the Audio Science Review forum. The content of this post makes it clear that the poster's reason for joining WBF was to troll it:

"Now I know you all have been hypnotized into believing that if you spend $10,000, or even $1,000 for a power cord you're going to hear amazing things never heard before; well first of all as mentioned above you are not hearing a darn thing; second of all, most of you people here buying that sort of uber expensive cords are older, have become wealthy over time, have money to throw around, but if you could have heard something you have long past the age where the average ear would have detected something very slight once you got over the age of 21, even if you were a freak of nature and born with super hearing, as you have gotten older your ears have slowly gotten worse, so now it becomes all in your head. The other odd thing is that all humans lose their high-frequency hearing, this is the part of the hearing that if anything could improve a stereo system sound it would be that, the lower you go in frequency the fewer cables have anything to do with improving the sound".

Again, this poster is trolling WBF and I am suggesting that smart management of a forum set up to focus on the highest quality audio components and systems would include screening out such trolls.

The name of this place is also not What's Affordable Forum, What's Measurable Forum, or What's Audible Forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokey77

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Ceux-ci, ou tout autre câble d'alimentation similaire, sont une énorme arnaque ! L'électricité est de l'électricité, vous ne pouvez pas modifier le son avec un cordon d'alimentation à moins que ce cordon d'alimentation soit de très petit calibre et qu'il ne puisse pas supporter un ampli à courant élevé, auquel cas la raison pour laquelle le son commencera à se détériorer sera due à l'amplificateur surchauffe qui devrait alors déclencher le circuit de protection contre la surchauffe intégré à l'ampli, cependant, le constructeur de l'amplificateur a déjà conçu le cordon d'alimentation pour gérer l'ampérage de l'ampli, donc aller au-delà ne gagnera rien, sauf si vous avez un très long chemin pour faire fonctionner le cordon d'alimentation, alors si vous recherchez combien d'ampères vous utilisez et jusqu'où vous allez, vous obtiendrez le bon calibre de cordon d'alimentation à utiliser pour empêcher la surchauffe de l'ampli.

Maintenant, je sais que vous avez tous été hypnotisés en pensant que si vous dépensez 10 000 $, voire 1 000 $ pour un cordon d'alimentation, vous allez entendre des choses incroyables jamais entendues auparavant ; Eh bien, tout d'abord, comme mentionné ci-dessus, vous n'entendez rien du tout ; deuxièmement, la plupart d'entre vous qui achètent ce genre de cordons très chers sont plus âgés, sont devenus riches au fil du temps, ont de l'argent à dépenser, mais si vous aviez pu entendre quelque chose que vous avez depuis longtemps dépassé l'âge où l'oreille moyenne aurait détecté quelque chose de très léger une fois que vous avez dépassé l'âge de 21 ans, même si vous étiez un monstre de la nature et né avec une super audition, en vieillissant, vos oreilles se sont lentement détériorées, alors maintenant tout devient dans votre tête. L'autre chose étrange est que tous les humains perdent leur audition à haute fréquence,

Je peux voir des tomates être lancées vers moi, alors pendant que je vais, veuillez lire ceci : https://makelifeclick.com/do-audiophile-power-cables-make-a-difference/#:~:text=Est-ce que l'audio est meilleur ou , ce n'est tout simplement pas vrai .

Sur ce site, si vous ne voulez pas tout lire, recherchez le graphique en couleur, il montrera de manière éclatante la quantité et la fréquence de la perte d'audition qui se produit avec l'âge : https://www.thelancet.com/ revues/lanwpc/article/PIIS2666-6065(21)00040-7/fulltext

Je ne vais pas prendre la peine de vous répondre en démystifiant ce truc, je ne veux pas entrer dans une guerre, vous avez votre religion à ce sujet et si vous voulez tous croire en une secte, je ne peux rien faire ou dites que cela vous fera changer d'avis, donc je ne répondrai pas.

Those, or any other power cables similar, are a huge ripoff! Electricity is electricity, you cannot alter the sound with a power cord unless that power cord is a very small gauge and it cannot handle a high current amp, which in that case the reason the sound will start to go bad will be due to the amplifier overheating which should then kick the overheating protection circuit built into the amp, however, the amplifier builder already designed the power cord to handle the amperage of the amp, therefore going beyond that will gain nothing, unless you have a very long way to run the cord, then if you research how much amps you're running and how far you're going you'll get the correct gauge of power cord to use to prevent the amp from overheating.

Now I know you all have been hypnotized into believing that if you spend $10,000, or even $1,000 for a power cord you're going to hear amazing things never heard before; well first of all as mentioned above you are not hearing a darn thing; second of all, most of you people here buying that sort of uber expensive cords are older, have become wealthy over time, have money to throw around, but if you could have heard something you have long past the age where the average ear would have detected something very slight once you got over the age of 21, even if you were a freak of nature and born with super hearing, as you have gotten older your ears have slowly gotten worse, so now it becomes all in your head. The other odd thing is that all humans lose their high-frequency hearing, this is the part of the hearing that if anything could improve a stereo system sound it would be that, the lower you go in frequency the fewer cables have anything to do with improving the sound.

I can see tomatoes being lobbed my way, so as I go please read this: https://makelifeclick.com/do-audiophile-power-cables-make-a-difference/#:~:text=Is the audio better or,this is simply not true.

On this site, if you don't want to read the whole thing, look for the color graph it will show vividly the amount and frequency of the loss of hearing that happens as we age: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanwpc/article/PIIS2666-6065(21)00040-7/fulltext

I'm not going to bother to respond to you all debunking this stuff, I do not want to get into a war, you have your religion about this stuff and if you all want to believe in a cult there is nothing I can do or say that will change your mind, so I won't be responding.
Sorry, but the Lancet is a joke...

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I auditioned the Furutech Project V1 and SGS grounding box from SOS- holy wow. I ended buying them.
While auditioning, I noticed this thread as I research for opinions on the Project V1.
Here's my take.
* The Project V1 power was better than the AQ Firebird (latest version), and I could not get my hands on AQ Dragon at the time. But it did so many things right (yeah, quoting @nirodha, whom I never met), I stopped looking around for better.
* I never thought ground boxes would be something I needed. But once I heard it, it is what I craved. Granted there are a lot of videos on how to build your own (I imagined you can build an extra large one to do a better job)- but I never DIY (at all)- so spending (maybe quite) a bit more to not have to experiment was best for me.
Hello,

Do you think I must buy a SGS grounding box ?
I have the Furutech Pure Power 6 E NCF.
I hesitated with Nordost QRT Kone 6.

Thanks

Best regards

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hello,

I have the Furutech Pure Power 6 E NCF.
I hesitated with Nordost QRT Kone 6.

Thanks

Best regards
Hi there,
hard to say…. I grounded the PP and it is definitely the way to go! My solution only cost a few hundred bucks (see elsewhere in another thread). However, I have no experience with external grounding boxes. Maybe, just maybe, they can extract even more from the PP. You will have to try them to find out. I am done and over the moon:D. Good luck and have a great 2023!:)

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com

No you don't need a grounding box BUT once tried and heard it's hard to live without. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6547.jpeg
    IMG_6547.jpeg
    744.4 KB · Views: 15

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Thank you !

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
More resolution, greater insight into soundstage, purity of sound, less smearing, increased “you are there“ feeling, more live sounding. All this I can attest concerning the Pure Power 6 NCF. The only power distributor I can recommend buying without testing.
I agree.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
One more thing about the V1: when you think it is fully broken in (because you are on cloud nine), you are probably… wrong. This cable just keeps improving without any moodswings (which stopped after 2 or 3 months / daily use).

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I have choose Nordost Qkore6.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I compared. I went from a Furutech NCF wall outlet directly to via the pure power. No comparison: the PP lifted the sound in every aspect. That is all there is to say.
@nirodha Did you ever own a power conditioner before your PP6 ?
I wonder how much better the PP6 is compared to most other Audioquest, PS Audio, GigaWatt and others ?

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
@nirodha Did you ever own a power conditioner before your PP6 ?
I wonder how much better the PP6 is compared to most other Audioquest, PS Audio, GigaWatt and others ?
Hi, I had some filtered power strips (passive) not any active. The one thing I really DO NOT want is that the dynamics suffer. For me the PP is all I need. Not a fan of Audioquest.

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
A good customer is getting on in age and selling most of his gear including a Project V1. Should I buy it myself (he wants 5k) and use it in my system which means I'd have 3 ! Anyone use more than 2 in their system?

TLi

May 27, 2016
Yesterday I borrowed Project V1 to try at home. There are a few other good power cords to compare.

Project V1 is basically a factory dressed up DPS-4.1 with dedicated connectors. I use a few DPS-4.1 cords in my system. They are very good for its price, but Project V1 is several times more expensive, it has to perform much better to justify the increase in price.

Sent the whole evening listen to it and compared with other cables, my verdict is positive. Project V1 is an all rounded power cord which gives you A grade in all HiFi parameters. Yes, Nordost Odin Gold has a little more details and Crystal Cable Da Vinci has a little more bass power, but given the price point of Project V1, it is a bargain. It reaches ultra highend level performance with less than ultra highend price. IMG_3217.JPG IMG_3220.JPG

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
@TLi I know it doesn't mean anything but were you impressed with the Project V1 packing? We have sold 6 or 7 of these cords, shipped it's like 26 pounds!

TLi

May 27, 2016
@TLi I know it doesn't mean anything but were you impressed with the Project V1 packing? We have sold 6 or 7 of these cords, shipped it's like 26 pounds!
Yes, I saw the box. It is like a small amplifier or CD player. It is certainly impressive.

The packing is extensive but it creates storage problem. I have quite a number of Nordost cables, Odin 2 and Odin Gold, each comes with a large box and there are at least 10 to 15 boxes in my storage room. I loss count. The dealer told me to keep the box because re-sale value will be much reduced without box. You see what I mean.

dzdzdzln

Oct 14, 2017
Those, or any other power cables similar, are a huge ripoff! Electricity is electricity, you cannot alter the sound with a power cord unless that power cord is a very small gauge and it cannot handle a high current amp, which in that case the reason the sound will start to go bad will be due to the amplifier overheating which should then kick the overheating protection circuit built into the amp, however, the amplifier builder already designed the power cord to handle the amperage of the amp, therefore going beyond that will gain nothing, unless you have a very long way to run the cord, then if you research how much amps you're running and how far you're going you'll get the correct gauge of power cord to use to prevent the amp from overheating.

Now I know you all have been hypnotized into believing that if you spend $10,000, or even $1,000 for a power cord you're going to hear amazing things never heard before; well first of all as mentioned above you are not hearing a darn thing; second of all, most of you people here buying that sort of uber expensive cords are older, have become wealthy over time, have money to throw around, but if you could have heard something you have long past the age where the average ear would have detected something very slight once you got over the age of 21, even if you were a freak of nature and born with super hearing, as you have gotten older your ears have slowly gotten worse, so now it becomes all in your head. The other odd thing is that all humans lose their high-frequency hearing, this is the part of the hearing that if anything could improve a stereo system sound it would be that, the lower you go in frequency the fewer cables have anything to do with improving the sound.

I can see tomatoes being lobbed my way, so as I go please read this: https://makelifeclick.com/do-audiophile-power-cables-make-a-difference/#:~:text=Is the audio better or,this is simply not true.

On this site, if you don't want to read the whole thing, look for the color graph it will show vividly the amount and frequency of the loss of hearing that happens as we age: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanwpc/article/PIIS2666-6065(21)00040-7/fulltext

I'm not going to bother to respond to you all debunking this stuff, I do not want to get into a war, you have your religion about this stuff and if you all want to believe in a cult there is nothing I can do or say that will change your mind, so I won't be responding.
If a person has not even tried it themselves, it's so foolish to make a big statement

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing