Furutech project V1

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Hey @joaovieira I cannot recall if you are on 120v or 220v, although you may have mentioned it previously.

That S55N cable is very nice, but I believe it is 10 gauge. 10 gauge over 100 feet at 220v is minimally acceptable, as I recall (US code). But if 120v I think 8ga. is specified. That would specify a 3% voltage drop, BTW. No problem for household appliances, but perhaps you would notice it on your nice hifi. The difference in impedance comparing 10 to 8 gauge would be significant too.

I think if @Kingrex were here, he would suggest THHN or 8ga sheathed cable ("Romex" or even 6 ga) over 100 feet. Ha! Probably a sub-panel too! He loves those sub panels (and why not).

But you know you region and your needs, what is possible building locally, etc. But a new room will be a nice project. Good Luck!
Here is 220 V.

I was in doubt because of the distance. I asked for Furutech ‘s support and here is what they answer: (it was for 30m distance, the total cable I have).

FP-S55N has a 10AWG conductor with CONDUCTOR RESISTANCE (at 20?) of 0.00337?/M, so totally that is only 0.00337*30=0.101? and DIELECTRIC STRENGTH is 3000V/1 Min.
In my opinion it's well enough to support the entire sound system so that`s no problem.

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
This is an opinion or have you actually done the comparison?
Because if you consider that the outlets are the same and the complete furutech receptacles in the wall are protected against vibration; that you connect the outlets to the main line in a star format, using good cables (I use the same S55N).
I wonder why it would make such a difference a power distributor. It makes no sense.
I compared. I went from a Furutech NCF wall outlet directly to via the pure power. No comparison: the PP lifted the sound in every aspect. That is all there is to say.

Reactions: joaovieira

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
I compared. I went from a Furutech NCF wall outlet directly to via the pure power. No comparison: the PP lifted the sound in every aspect. That is all there is to say.
I compared using my Furutech tp609 NCF power distributor versus straight from the NCF wall outlets and there was already a large difference in favour of the power distributor, much more clarity, black background, so I can only imagine the PP must do the same and much morel, considering the build quality of the PP, which is like a "bank vault" keeping the plugs 100% isolated from the outside world :) (protection from EMI?). I noticed it also matters what you put the power distributor on - in my case, using inexpensive Acoustic Revive spike holders on a block of wood improved the sound as well, in comparison to the power distributor sitting on a carpeted floor.

Reactions: joaovieira and SOS

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Thank you nirodha and Piotr.
I can’t go to the SIN or the Furutech PP. very expensive plus 100% taxes we pay for importing.
I’ll search for an alternative

Reactions: Piotr_905

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
I've run gear straight into the wall outlets (Furutech NCF rhodium) vs trying it with several conditioners including a Sound Application and 3 different SIN units. Always sounded cleaner, a lower noise floor and better microdynamics with conditioners. But also what made a HUGE improvement was adding a grounding unit. I use one from SGS (Signal Ground Solutions) couldn't live without it once heard.

Attachments

• 20211025_115249.jpg
    20211025_115249.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20211025_115329.jpg
    20211025_115329.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 43

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
I've run gear straight into the wall outlets (Furutech NCF rhodium) vs trying it with several conditioners including a Sound Application and 3 different SIN units. Always sounded cleaner, a lower noise floor and better microdynamics with conditioners. But also what made a HUGE improvement was adding a grounding unit. I use one from SGS (Signal Ground Solutions) couldn't live without it once heard.
Thank you for your inputs.
I decided to make an extra effort and I will go to the SIN PDS 6 Ghost.
Thank you all guys. You convinced me.

Reactions: SOS

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Just curious if any other WBF members have had a chance to hear the furutech project v1? I've brought it to several friends systems and all were VERY impressed.

OnusConsulting

Jun 10, 2022
Just curious if any other WBF members have had a chance to hear the furutech project v1? I've brought it to several friends systems and all were VERY impressed.
I auditioned the Furutech Project V1 and SGS grounding box from SOS- holy wow. I ended buying them.
While auditioning, I noticed this thread as I research for opinions on the Project V1.
Here's my take.
* The Project V1 power was better than the AQ Firebird (latest version), and I could not get my hands on AQ Dragon at the time. But it did so many things right (yeah, quoting @nirodha, whom I never met), I stopped looking around for better.
* I never thought ground boxes would be something I needed. But once I heard it, it is what I craved. Granted there are a lot of videos on how to build your own (I imagined you can build an extra large one to do a better job)- but I never DIY (at all)- so spending (maybe quite) a bit more to not have to experiment was best for me.

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
Hallo, I have just come back from Warsaw's Audio Video Show 2022, the second largest hi-end exhibition in Europe after Munich. The Polish distributor of Furutech presented the top Furu cables and power distributor. I remember there was a Vitus amplifier, I don't remeber the brand of the speakers. A very good presentation! A very energetic presentation, the first thing that comes to mind. But no trace of harshness at all.

Attachments

• BE891A9C-00A3-49CF-BC08-FF14513C2061.jpeg
    BE891A9C-00A3-49CF-BC08-FF14513C2061.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 1194C3F2-0353-4BA9-81FB-6036F3574465.jpeg
    1194C3F2-0353-4BA9-81FB-6036F3574465.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 40

tum2000

Nov 8, 2022
I use Furutech Project V1 AC power cord in my system about 3 months . This power cords will fully burn in about 350 hours , must burn in at least 150 hours if not may be a little bit dark on the top (compare with Furutech NanoFlux NCF power cord ). I think that if this power cord match your system , Furutech Project V1 AC power cord will be one of the best AC power cord .

Attachments

• S__58064901.jpg
    S__58064901.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 16
  • S__58064902.jpg
    S__58064902.jpg
    721.3 KB · Views: 16
  • S__58064903.jpg
    S__58064903.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 18
  • S__58064904.jpg
    S__58064904.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 16

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Have to agree, I now use 2 of the Project V1 in my system which has taken the system to the heavens! Tomorrow I get in a MSL Platinum Signature that will replace my Gold Signature. Christmas is coming early

Reactions: tum2000

Piotr_905

VIP/Donor
Oct 28, 2020
A little bit dark... Oh, I have have been there before... Furutech cables need patience. In my system, they would rollecoster from very bright to very dark and closed-in, but at the end you get what you pay for.

Rekmeyata

Nov 20, 2021
Those, or any other power cables similar, are a huge ripoff! Electricity is electricity, you cannot alter the sound with a power cord unless that power cord is a very small gauge and it cannot handle a high current amp, which in that case the reason the sound will start to go bad will be due to the amplifier overheating which should then kick the overheating protection circuit built into the amp, however, the amplifier builder already designed the power cord to handle the amperage of the amp, therefore going beyond that will gain nothing, unless you have a very long way to run the cord, then if you research how much amps you're running and how far you're going you'll get the correct gauge of power cord to use to prevent the amp from overheating.

Now I know you all have been hypnotized into believing that if you spend $10,000, or even $1,000 for a power cord you're going to hear amazing things never heard before; well first of all as mentioned above you are not hearing a darn thing; second of all, most of you people here buying that sort of uber expensive cords are older, have become wealthy over time, have money to throw around, but if you could have heard something you have long past the age where the average ear would have detected something very slight once you got over the age of 21, even if you were a freak of nature and born with super hearing, as you have gotten older your ears have slowly gotten worse, so now it becomes all in your head. The other odd thing is that all humans lose their high-frequency hearing, this is the part of the hearing that if anything could improve a stereo system sound it would be that, the lower you go in frequency the fewer cables have anything to do with improving the sound.

I can see tomatoes being lobbed my way, so as I go please read this: https://makelifeclick.com/do-audiophile-power-cables-make-a-difference/#:~:text=Is the audio better or,this is simply not true.

On this site, if you don't want to read the whole thing, look for the color graph it will show vividly the amount and frequency of the loss of hearing that happens as we age: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanwpc/article/PIIS2666-6065(21)00040-7/fulltext

I'm not going to bother to respond to you all debunking this stuff, I do not want to get into a war, you have your religion about this stuff and if you all want to believe in a cult there is nothing I can do or say that will change your mind, so I won't be responding.

Reactions: marty

SOS

Jun 20, 2015
www.soundsofsilence.com
Rekmeyata please don't tell my wife what these cables sell for otherwise I might be 7 inches shorter!
Piotr_905 I'm also going to start praying to my V1's before going to bed.

tum2000

Nov 8, 2022
Rekmeyata don't believe any article , trust your ears. I try Furutech V1 with intended not to buy them because its price , if I can't hear amazing things , I will not buy .

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Those, or any other power cables similar, are a huge ripoff! Electricity is electricity, you cannot alter the sound with a power cord unless that power cord is a very small gauge and it cannot handle a high current amp, which in that case the reason the sound will start to go bad will be due to the amplifier overheating which should then kick the overheating protection circuit built into the amp, however, the amplifier builder already designed the power cord to handle the amperage of the amp, therefore going beyond that will gain nothing, unless you have a very long way to run the cord, then if you research how much amps you're running and how far you're going you'll get the correct gauge of power cord to use to prevent the amp from overheating.

Now I know you all have been hypnotized into believing that if you spend $10,000, or even $1,000 for a power cord you're going to hear amazing things never heard before; well first of all as mentioned above you are not hearing a darn thing; second of all, most of you people here buying that sort of uber expensive cords are older, have become wealthy over time, have money to throw around, but if you could have heard something you have long past the age where the average ear would have detected something very slight once you got over the age of 21, even if you were a freak of nature and born with super hearing, as you have gotten older your ears have slowly gotten worse, so now it becomes all in your head. The other odd thing is that all humans lose their high-frequency hearing, this is the part of the hearing that if anything could improve a stereo system sound it would be that, the lower you go in frequency the fewer cables have anything to do with improving the sound.

I can see tomatoes being lobbed my way, so as I go please read this: https://makelifeclick.com/do-audiophile-power-cables-make-a-difference/#:~:text=Is the audio better or,this is simply not true.

On this site, if you don't want to read the whole thing, look for the color graph it will show vividly the amount and frequency of the loss of hearing that happens as we age: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanwpc/article/PIIS2666-6065(21)00040-7/fulltext

I'm not going to bother to respond to you all debunking this stuff, I do not want to get into a war, you have your religion about this stuff and if you all want to believe in a cult there is nothing I can do or say that will change your mind, so I won't be responding.

After I read this I thought I must’ve accidentally logged onto Audiogon.

Is your dogmatic, absolutist declaration based on your actual, careful, listening comparisons of power cables on a familiar component in a familiar system?

Last edited:

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC

Complete nonsense. You are a new member? Welcome to WBF. Putting you on my "ignore" list. I have no interest in dialogue with a new member who starts off with a post like yours, which is both uninformed and offensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: marty

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
After I read this I thought I must’ve accidentally logged onto Audiogon.

Is your dogmatic, absolutist declaration based on your actual, careful, listening comparisons of power cables on a familiar component in a familiar system?
I belong to another audio forum called "Everything Affects the Sound". Whenever they get one of these "you people are all fools for spending this much money and are hallucinating if you think you hear a difference" posts they simply evict the poster from the forum, since such a post is at odds with the name and purpose of the group. The same logic would seem to apply to a "What's Best Forum".

I would recommend that you consider taking a similar approach rather than going back and forth with such posters.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing