FYI - Wellfloat - a "Game Changer in Mechanical Vibration Management"

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
Sitting on top of the wellfloat, directly below the feet of the preamp. What gives them away is the little hole.
Ah I see. Those are the wellDisc.

information from the website:
Stainless steel plates with special coating (WELL COATING) on both sides. Very robust giving better grip. Long lasting performance for humid environment. These plates can be used on or underneath a WELLFLOAT board to improve grip for better performance of products such as the feet of HiFi devices or spike shoes/pads.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Ah I see. Those are the wellDisc.

information from the website:
Stainless steel plates with special coating (WELL COATING) on both sides. Very robust giving better grip. Long lasting performance for humid environment. These plates can be used on or underneath a WELLFLOAT board to improve grip for better performance of products such as the feet of HiFi devices or spike shoes/pads.
Interesting, do they have 3 holes like in the pic? 3A4E3D9C-AD35-4663-B2FB-3CC6C352398C.jpeg

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
View attachment 83250
I am using the platform under my preamp and power supply. Just sharing my experience.

What I found is wellfloat platform improves the depth of sound stage, improves texture of the vocal, and I can hear more details compared my previous platform.

Haven’t tried the delta isolation bases yet. Recently audio exotic opens new branch in Singapore, so will plan for a home demo.
Wellfloat Delta under TAD R1 also improve imaging (more depth) and gives you warmer sound. the most important thing to me is that "Wellfloat Delta under TAD R1" will improve separation in complex/dynamic musics.
I do not hear much more details in sound but i hear sound details more easily in a better image definition.
wellfloat is very good isolation device

sapirg

May 29, 2018
Wellfloat Delta under TAD R1 also improve imaging (more depth) and gives you warmer sound. the most important thing to me is that "Wellfloat Delta under TAD R1" will improve separation in complex/dynamic musics.
I do not hear much more details in sound but i hear sound details more easily in a better image definition.
wellfloat is very good isolation device
Hello Amir,
Can I ask you where you bought Wellfloat Delta?
Thank you.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Hello Amir,
Can I ask you where you bought Wellfloat Delta?
Thank you.
Japan , Wellfloat
Mobile: +81 80 7816 6683

Reactions: Stef

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I see on the AE forum, many are using Wellfloats in conjunction w RevOpods, especially under spkrs. Any familiarity with this? I'm currently a hugely happy RevOpods user under my Zus.

Reactions: Pokey77

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
I see on the AE forum, many are using Wellfloats in conjunction w RevOpods, especially under spkrs. Any familiarity with this? I'm currently a hugely happy RevOpods user under my Zus.
I have revpods and wellflots but never got around to using both under speakers. That was the original plan.
Ended up with revpods under gear and wellfloat under speakers.
Revpods outperform Stillpoints SS5/CMS in my setup as they are more natural. YMMV.
Wellfloats user speakers with stock spikes are revelatory. Almost as good as adding a pair of stereo subs. Sound tightness up and image more solid.
No regrets on revpods or wellfloat as they “float my boat”.

Reactions: Cellcbern

denimhunter

Apr 9, 2020
Interesting to read about well float. They have been around for a long time. In Japan can buy them in major camera/appliance store for a reasonable price. I am sure audio exotic is selling them for a fortune.
They do work and one of the few isolation devices that do not significantly alter tonal balance. my understanding is the ideas are basically derived from earthquake technology. It’s Not spring which tends to store energy. the energy when loaded is dissipated via the cable which act as pendulum.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Just received a small Wellfloat isolation platform which I am trying under my Modwright PS 9.0 before ordering a larger one for my amp - $240.00 from Japan via Ebay.

Replaces DIY isolation platform.

ASI Top Line feet between PS 9.0 and Wellfloat platform.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_4109 (2).jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_4109 (2).jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: Forte and matakana

barbz127

Jun 4, 2022
Just received a small Wellfloat isolation platform which I am trying under my Modwright PS 9.0 before ordering a larger one for my amp - $240.00 from Japan via Ebay.

Replaces DIY isolation platform.

ASI Top Line feet between PS 9.0 and Wellfloat platform.
How have you found the wellfloat? Did you end up ordering the bigger model?

I'm considering a couple for source and amp but unsure if they will be suitable for the later or if revopods are still king for the amp.

strapper211

Aug 6, 2013
Hi,
I have 2 Wellfloat Delta Extremes for sale.with spike hole .
If interested contact my private message.
I am in the USA.
Regards Robert

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Both CEC and TAD recommend wellfloat boards for vibration control.

IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6933.jpeg
Living Voice also uses Wellfloat under crossover of speakers.

IMG_6924.png

I think wellfloat is very good without any negative drawback.

Attachments

• IMG_6924.png
    IMG_6924.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Reactions: Cellcbern

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
How have you found the wellfloat? Did you end up ordering the bigger model?

I'm considering a couple for source and amp but unsure if they will be suitable for the later or if revopods are still king for the amp.
I plan to order a large Wellfloat board in the near future to replace the long serving Townshend Seismic Sink air platform under my sacd transport. I will also order a large one at some point to replace the DIY isolation platform under my Pathos TT. The small one under my Modwright power supply "floats" more freely than any device I have encountered, and is a significant audible upgrade over the DIY platform it replaced. Note that Audio Exotics uses Rev-O-Pods between Wellfloat boards/SRA platforms, and components (see photo) which suggests that the Rev-O-Pods are better at different things than the SRA and Wellflat devices. I did comparison testing between Wellfloat board by itself under the Modwright power supply vs. ASI Top Line Feet between power supply and Wellfloat board. The latter was clearer, had better dynamics and longer decays, and was across the board more natural sounding. Same thing with the Dalby Lignum Vitae feet between my sacd transport and Townshend air platform. I won't use an isolation platform by itself, without resonance dissipating/tuning feet between platform and component.

Attachments

• wfloat revo.png
    wfloat revo.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing