Great Pyrenees

RussR

Dec 30, 2017
Gold Coast ,Queensland,Australia
A breed of dog which may suit is the Giant Schnauzer.
I have had 5 of them over the years , they don't shed ,don't smell as some dogs get a very strong aroma about them ,wonderful companions ,loyal and fantastic guardians .
You have some long established well regarded breeders in California of the 3 Schnauzers ,Silvia Hamerstrom of Skansen Kennels is very knowledgeable on anything schnauzer ,I have had dogs from her kennels and been happy.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, Russ! I will investigate both points!

sunny_alice

Sep 27, 2018
Birmingham
Mine has a great temperament, one of the reasons I loved him so much. Never used him as a shepherd, though he was a gentle giant and even allowed children to ride him. My friend loves them as farm dogs. Also they do have very strong protective instinct, though our pyrenee never hurt anyone. Miss him.

My uncle got in a fight at a bar. He went home and some cops showed up to arrest him. He ran out the back and hid in the dark wooded area, laying down. Two officers started looking around. Then they were attacked by his killer goose, and fled. Not a joke, it happened.

That's hilarious. But, well, they could be very aggressive.
I grew up on farm, and once saw I some teens play a game where they chased geese around. Unfortunately they chased the geese right into a massive group of over 100 geese. The massive group of geese turned on the teens and chased them around.
And it seems to me that geese are better at running than teens.

Reactions: Folsom

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Why pay big bucks when you don't have to. Shelter or pound dog. A forever pet if there is one and there's many choices.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing