Greek Manufacturer Shutdown?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I think very clear and know my facts. Like I said, we just have to agree to disagree on good and evil.

Joe, I was not trying to insult you (far from it), so please dont take it that way. Lets agree to disagree as you said, with no hard feelings.

joecasey

Oct 5, 2014
Joe, I was not trying to insult you (far from it), so please dont take it that way. Lets agree to disagree as you said, with no hard feelings.
No worry, I didn't take it as an insult.

We are products of our environment that shape our values and believes so it's not surprising we have different views. As long as we discuss in a civil manner, all is good.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I wish we had a few more politicians in the US even remotely like Farange that were willing to just cut the bs...(sigh)

We do and better and better ones too, they just get attacked and demonized by the media...

david

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Have any WBF members contacted the several Greek hifi manufacturers/brands or their official international dealers?

Any info from them?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Farage is a modern day political hero, saying it like it is, truly Old School, and proud to be so.
4m UKIP votes in the recent UK General Election, 1 MP - while the Scots got 1/8 of this number...and 55 MPs! You can't make it up!
I thought Tsipiras was going to cry as the truly abominable, apocalyptic situation of the last few years leading to today's almost certain oblivion was spelt out in a truly devastating 5 minute critique by Farage. And who would have blamed him?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Why give more money to Greece ? The entitled (most of the pop) elected a radical and stupid leftist communist. That said, leftists have been in charge of Greece for a long time. Look where that got them ? There is no free lunch...not everyone can live the same lifestyle...ask the soviet era Russians.

patpend

Member Sponsor
Jun 6, 2015
Arizona
Farage is a modern day political hero, saying it like it is, truly Old School, and proud to be so.
4m UKIP votes in the recent UK General Election, 1 MP - while the Scots got 1/8 of this number...and 55 MPs! You can't make it up!
I thought Tsipiras was going to cry as the truly abominable, apocalyptic situation of the last few years leading to today's almost certain oblivion was spelt out in a truly devastating 5 minute critique by Farage. And who would have blamed him?

Couldn't agree with you more. Today's 5 minute speech sums it up completely. And don't think that other countries (including US) aren't vulnerable to what is happening worldwide. We in the US are 19 (probably a lot more than that)T in debt. Completely unsustainable. It will never be paid back. The only difference between the US and Greece is we have the (slipping) privilege of having the world's reserve currency. I can count on one hand the number of our politicians that i've heard recently even broach this topic. We need a return to sound currency and we need to start living within our means (progressives and conservatives) before it's too late.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Couldn't agree with you more. Today's 5 minute speech sums it up completely. And don't think that other countries (including US) aren't vulnerable to what is happening worldwide. We in the US are 19 (probably a lot more than that)T in debt. Completely unsustainable. It will never be paid back. The only difference between the US and Greece is we have the (slipping) privilege of having the world's reserve currency. I can count on one hand the number of our politicians that i've heard recently even broach this topic. We need a return to sound currency and we need to start living within our means (progressives and conservatives) before it's too late.

A question from a small "L" libertarian...

Are there any conservatives in US politics, once you strip away social issues, of course?
I remember from TV a protest poster that some hippie was carrying back in the late Sixties, or early Seventies. Written on it was, "Chicken Little was right. We wuz had." Maybe it applies more now than it did then.

patpend

Member Sponsor
Jun 6, 2015
Arizona

Are there any conservatives in US politics, once you strip away social issues, of course?
I remember from TV a protest poster that some hippie was carrying back in the late Sixties, or early Seventies. Written on it was, "Chicken Little was right. We wuz had." Maybe it applies more now than it did then.

We used to have so-called "blue dog" Democrats that were fiscally conservative that were concerned about civil liberties. Today it seems as if both parties cant spend us into the poorhouse fast enough. Republicans get caught up in turning the country into a police state and the democrats cant seem to hand out entitlements fast enough. Both parties are in bed with big corporations. In the end we lose.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah

Libertarian to libertarian, Mike Lee of Utah.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tsipiras has gone from a referendum to "clear" his obligations, to the dread realisation that this isn't poss, to his new finance minister being humiliated by the press revealing his paper thin "suggestions", to being close to tears as Farage laid out the inevitable, to today offering humiliating and ineffective pension reform/impvd taxation/state privatisations as a sop to the EC to beg for more breathing space. I believe the phrase "pissing in the wind" applies. Only one outcome, his trouser cuffs will get very wet.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
We used to have so-called "blue dog" Democrats that were fiscally conservative that were concerned about civil liberties. Today it seems as if both parties cant spend us into the poorhouse fast enough. Republicans get caught up in turning the country into a police state and the democrats cant seem to hand out entitlements fast enough. Both parties are in bed with big corporations. In the end we lose.

Bingo! Many Americans are social liberals and fiscal conservatives and have no "party" to fit that agenda.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, we have a referendum where the last bailout was rejected by the people, which ends up less than a week later on a new bailout accepted by Tsipiras that is worse than the one just rejected.
Can the Greeks just be given a rolling program of referendums, since they're going to need one per week at least at this rate?
YOU CAN'T MAKE IT UP!!!

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
So, we have a referendum where the last bailout was rejected by the people, which ends up less than a week later on a new bailout accepted by Tsipiras that is worse than the one just rejected.
Can the Greeks just be given a rolling program of referendums, since they're going to need one per week at least at this rate?
YOU CAN'T MAKE IT UP!!!

This is one time that the Greeks should take Nigel Farage's advice, in my opinion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing