goodwins_show2019gryphon.jpg

We are delighted to announce that Goodwin's High End will be launching Gryphon electronics at their store on Saturday 27 July.

Equipment in the reference system:
Gryphon Pandora preamplifier
Gryphon Legato phono stage
Gryphon Mephisto stereo amplifier
Magico M3 loudspeakers
Basis Transcendence Turntable with Superarm 12.5 + My Sonic Lab Gold Signature Phono Cartridge
dCS Vivaldi system

Please contact Goodwins directly to RSVP as seating will be limited. See some of you there - cheers.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That is great news, Philip! Congratulations!

Hopefully some of the members of the Boston Group will be able to attend.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Goodwins is great...I respect that it is a Gryphon launch...and all Gryphon. At the same time, since Goodwins also sell Rockport and Magico among others...would be great as people go in for auditions of the Gryphon amps for people to be able to report what they hear in some of these other speaker combinations as well. And of course Soulution, Constellation, et al for Gryphon speakers.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I won't be able to attend either, but I will at a later date

Goodwins.jpg G Men.jpg
L - R. Philip O'Hanlon, Dana Ente (Goodwins) & Malcom Becker (Goodwins)

We had a most enjoyable music session at Goodwins, I was truly surprised by how many audiophiles showed up for this dealer's event in the middle of summer. The Magico M3 were a great match with the Gryphon reference electronics.The speakers disappeared and threw a convincing three dimensional soundstage.

Goodwin's reference listening room is truly superb, wonderfully quiet with little to no room anomalies. Superb.

Played mainly vinyl; stand out songs:
Haitian Divorce - Steely Dan 12"
I Scare Myself - Thomas Dolby 12"
This Love Is Over - Ray LaMontagne LP
Thriller - Michael Jackson 12"
Bird On A Wire - Jennifer Warnes 12"
Winelight - Grover Washington Jr. 12"

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I'm sorry that I was unable to attend this event. It looks like Goodwins removed those large Tube Traps in the corners and replaced them with a different type of room treatment. I'm glad this event was successful. Did you play the Magico Q sub? Seems like you played mostly LPs. I heard that Basis/MSL vinyl front end, but it was too new and not yet optimized. I look forward to going back and hearing this system.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats to Philip, Goodwins and Gryphon!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing