Hard Point Trinia footers---very impressed

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Yes measured with the VA-2, H1 and H2 being the 2 horizontal planes. I dont know which model, but will check tomorrow, it looks identical to the serene in their 2017 catalogue but I dont see a Trinia anywhere, it was their top model 6 months ago.

did you ever measure Stillpoints Ultra 5's ? It would be interesting especially since these footers seem to use similar bearing technology that Stillpoints has been using for years now..

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
So if i am reading correctly the trinia works with the artesania rack. Is this correct? Does it sit on the metal cross bars or does it screw into the threaded holes?

Thanks

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
So if i am reading correctly the trinia works with the artesania rack. Is this correct? Does it sit on the metal cross bars or does it screw into the threaded holes?

Thanks

if you look at the second picture in my original post it shows 2 wood boxes each with 4 Trinia's. in each box is a plastic sleeve with 4 screw posts. it appears that these screw posts are used to attach the Trinia to the Artesania arm in place of the pad (or over the top of the pad). it's possible it does not work that way but that is what it looks like to me.

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr

Thanks

Hi, sbnx~!

HI FI Stay has various type screws for Trinia to be compatible to all type racks.

Also if your component is used a screw that we don't have, we will customize it.

When ordering, you can ask for special type to us.

Since Mike uses Adona Flagship Rack, we just send standard screws that were the most used.

If Mike changes to Artesania type rack, he just sends me email.

20170813_002715.jpg

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Of what material is the body of the Trinia made of ?

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Of what material is the body of the Trinia made of ?

Mike is right~!

I want Trinia to compare to global foot dampers.

So I introduced it in WBF.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Fascinating thread Mike and thank you Esotar from joining the discussion with some details. Thank you for the nice photos in the opening post. Of course, I am not surprised that someone quickly asked about the Center Stage footers. It will be interesting if someone here does an actual direct comparison under one component. A few contrasting descriptions come to mind. The CS footers describe mostly soundstage and sense of immersion impressions, seeming to focus on low level information imbedded in the recording becoming more apparent through the lowering of overall system noise floor. You seem to be describing an overall improvement in resolution and clarity. Are these distinctions correct as I have described them?

Another contrast seems to be the break in period and availability. Are these Trinia footers immediately available for purchase? From your descriptions, it seems that their effect is immediately noticeable without the need for break in. Have you tried three footers instead of four per component?

You describe the component as "floating" when placed on these footers. If one applies force from one side, does the component sway gently and then eventually come to rest again? Do you know if these footers are recommended under turntables? I only saw images of CDPs and amplifiers in the chart. Interestingly, the suggested placement of the rear footers are different for these two components.

Congratulations Mike for finding yet another way to improve the sound of your system, which by all accounts, was already "mature". I commend you for taking the risk and trying the recommendation from Esotar. It will be interesting over time as user impressions start to hit this forum for both the CS footers and the Trinia to see what this new wave of vibration management is all about.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It will be interesting over time as user impressions start to hit this forum for both the CS footers and the Trinia to see what this new wave of vibration management is all about.

For completeness..Stillpoints needs to be in the comparison mix. These appear to use similar ceramic bearing technology to drain energy and decouple from the rack/stand....just like Stillpojnts...a different tonal flavor perhaps ?

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Fascinating thread Mike and thank you Esotar from joining the discussion with some details. Thank you for the nice photos in the opening post. Of course, I am not surprised that someone quickly asked about the Center Stage footers. It will be interesting if someone here does an actual direct comparison under one component. A few contrasting descriptions come to mind. The CS footers describe mostly soundstage and sense of immersion impressions, seeming to focus on low level information imbedded in the recording becoming more apparent through the lowering of overall system noise floor. You seem to be describing an overall improvement in resolution and clarity. Are these distinctions correct as I have described them?

Another contrast seems to be the break in period and availability. Are these Trinia footers immediately available for purchase? From your descriptions, it seems that their effect is immediately noticeable without the need for break in. Have you tried three footers instead of four per component?

You describe the component as "floating" when placed on these footers. If one applies force from one side, does the component sway gently and then eventually come to rest again? Do you know if these footers are recommended under turntables? I only saw images of CDPs and amplifiers in the chart. Interestingly, the suggested placement of the rear footers are different for these two components.

Congratulations Mike for finding yet another way to improve the sound of your system, which by all accounts, was already "mature". I commend you for taking the risk and trying the recommendation from Esotar. It will be interesting over time as user impressions start to hit this forum for both the CS footers and the Trinia to see what this new wave of vibration management is all about.

Hi, PeterA

I have 10 DACs.

As a result of various test about Trinia, Trinia can hold component not to fix.

Serene's touch point is four (1 ceramic bsll X 4), and Trinia's touch point twelve (3 ceramic balls X 4).

Only increasing touching points can hold almost DAC.

But in one case, no fix Trinia causes problem.

[In case of using to very light DAC like Aqua La Voce S2]

Of cause, there is solution.

Using normal thickness cables can solve this problem.

I have Brooklyn DAC.

No problem. (I use Entreq Atlantis Digital Power cable and Atlantis Eartha cable)

I tested trinia to install under total 23 DACs, and only La Voce S2 made trouble.

Here is my DACs' picture. Except for picture, I have MSB Analog DAC, Spring Lv. 3 KTE, and Denafrips Terminator.

my dac.jpg

All DAC I have never slip on my rack. (I have La Scala MK II, not La Voce S2)

Trinia was tested with Turntable, CDT, Power Amplifiers.

Trinia 1 pcs can work perfectly within 30Kg.

In case of 3 pcs, 75Kg

4pcs : 105Kg

But we don't recommend to use Trinia under Power Amp.

HI FI Stay doesn't distributors of America and Europe.

But you can buy Trinia.

Send me email written amount sets you want.

Also you can order three footers set.

Trinia's 1 pcs price is $ 470 US.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
For completeness..Stillpoints needs to be in the comparison mix. These appear to use similar ceramic bearing technology to drain energy and decouple from the rack/stand....just like Stillpojnts...a different tonal flavor perhaps ?

Yes, I agree Christian, but do you know anyone willing to do these comparisons? I suspect, just as in the case with racks, we will be left to surmise efficacy from individual, separate, user reports in unrelated contexts, which is certainly better than nothing and can be very helpful.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Yes, I agree Christian, but do you know anyone willing to do these comparisons? I suspect, just as in the case with racks, we will be left to surmise efficacy from individual, separate, user reports in unrelated contexts, which is certainly better than nothing and can be very helpful.

I have the HardPoint Serene Z10. I was looking for saved measurements but couldnt find them. From memory they had the unavoidable vertical resonance peak any (passive) body would have, didnt notice anything unusual otherwise, but on the horizontal plane they definately made a measurable difference. I cannot detect any coloration from the ceramic balls which would normally be a showstopper for me. Very well implemented footer!

I think the bolded part tells us much. most feedback on why people have moved away from Stillpoint was related to colorations (and I'm not suggesting that it was any universal viewpoint). my only experience with Stillpoint was on Steve Dobbins turntable plinths 6-7 years ago, so I can't comment about it. but obviously this was a concern (unfounded as it turned out) to Taiko when using the Hardpoint Serene.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010

from reading feedback on the CS footers; yes. the context of my system is already an ultra immersion presentation, what the Trinia brings out is more information in that immersion, and less a sense of any reproduction chain. it lowers blur, smear, and distortion. which does improve things in every parameter, not just one aspect.

no; not tried 3.....yet.

yes; I heard their effect from the first note.....possibly a bit of settling in over a day or so but that might have been me.

my understanding is that as a brand new product, they are building the Trinia's now, and I had to wait a week for my 2 to be shipped as they needed to be built. but it's not any long line....yet.

You describe the component as "floating" when placed on these footers. If one applies force from one side, does the component sway gently and then eventually come to rest again?

yes; when pushed the component sways back and forth for 10-15 seconds until it comes to rest....but very gently so. it moves with the slightest touch.

Do you know if these footers are recommended under turntables? I only saw images of CDPs and amplifiers in the chart. Interestingly, the suggested placement of the rear footers are different for these two components.

not enough time yet for me to be able to help with this. Esotar has already talked about this.

adding a 3 box 'uber' digital player + server did add some juice to finding a passive partner to my active isolation (too many boxes to afford all active). and I think I've found a very, very, good one (just my viewpoint...YMMV).

Last edited:

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

I will try a set of the PP Feet once I'm settled into my new listening room. Late summer most likely. Could be earlier. I would do a direct compare with them and the Ultra 5 and or Ultra SS.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
yes; I heard their effect from the first note.....possibly a bit of settling in over a day or so but that might have been me.

Apart from my priority in things, this is the main reason for my hesitation on CS footers. Shifting from good to better on first note cant fool me. First note always comes from the ears less the brain. I am glad to hear your system improve even further Mike.

Kind regards,
Tang

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
By Mike's great feedback, I'm very happy and gained confidence.

The thing that I have shocked highly is for Trinia's best effect to be installed under MSB Select DAC II.

Mike has many experiences about High-End HI FI, and I believe his feedback.

But I think that HI FI Stay needs to receive official result by HI FI experts.

I never believe HI FI site's review.

So I have schedule to send Trinia to MSB Technology.

MSB's service for customers is very nice, but I wonder if they meet my request officially.

Trinia already is received fantastic result from Light Harmonic & Sehnheiser.

Since Hard Point is born by digital component's quality up, I think that Trinia must be tested from digital no. 1 MSB Technology.

I want to know your opinions.

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
in general, roller blocks in and of themselves do change the tonality of the sound. but product to product there are different ways of executing the rolling ball (or multiple balls, or even multiple layers or stacks of rolling balls) concept with different results. so somehow equating a Symposium Product to the Trinia is just a shot in the dark. and we don't really know whether there is a ball and cup involved in the PP in some way either (and I'm not claiming I know or even have a feeling for that).

in the end passive footers have to be judged by the musical equation in the specific context, not by a general view on the approach. we can look at a product and like it's looks, or think it's expensive to build compared to another.....but that is different than the performance issue.

the Stacore includes roller block components, but we don't view it as a roller block product.

The whole trick is to have the roller bearings both hard to be sensitive and well damped. We had to go sort of crazy in our Advanced platform to achieve that.
Not a single instance of the platform changing tonality so far, which I treat as a measure of a success of our design.

Cheers,

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing