Headphone buying help

TosicBob

Feb 11, 2022
Goodmorning everyone!
I would like to buy headphones and a dac / amp (if needed) for a total budget of € 300, maximum € 350.
I would use them mainly for playing games and listening to music.
Both open and closed back are fine, as long as they are comfortable, especially with glasses.
I tried the DT 990s and found them pretty comfortable, but buying them it remains a budget of 200€, that is the twice that i would spend on headphones, that seems to me a little bit too overkill, so something comfortable as them, but better (?)
I would buy from Amazon.it
Thanks to everyone!

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Reactions: Alrainbow

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
300 Euros? Thats tight.
For dac-amp try the yje ifiaudio hip fac 2. That also allows you to go mobile.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm discounted on Amazon.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Goodmorning everyone!
I would like to buy headphones and a dac / amp (if needed) for a total budget of € 300, maximum € 350.
I would use them mainly for playing games and listening to music.
Both open and closed back are fine, as long as they are comfortable, especially with glasses.
I tried the DT 990s and found them pretty comfortable, but buying them it remains a budget of 200€, that is the twice that i would spend on headphones, that seems to me a little bit too overkill, so something comfortable as them, but better (?)
I would buy from Amazon.it
Thanks to everyone!
I think I found the Sennheiser HD650 and Apogee USB DAC/amp as a package for £346 when I bought it a few years ago. Not sure if they are still selling that 'bundle'.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Bundles are available. I don't what the pricing is in Europe nor the availability.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Filo K3 superb little gear dac headphone amp, head phones in ear rha t 10i ;)
for your budget a killer combination

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing