Hello from Germany

McLennan

May 19, 2015
Frankfurt/Germany
Hello at everyone from WBF

I've been reading the WBF for quite a while, time to join your Forum.
I'm addicted to Music and HiFi for more than 35 years, starting off with
DIY speakers, Thorens record player and Denon amp.
It's been a long way of steady system improvement, with speakers from
KEF, Dynaudio, AudioPhysic Virgo III, B&W 803D and now, Magico S3.
Electronics came from AVM, GamuT, and since quite a while, from Ayre.
To listen to my >1.000 vinyl records I have a beautiful German Bauer dps3 with
a SME V tonearm and an Benz Gullwing System.

I don't have a special listening room, I have to share my passion for music with my wife and my two boys, as the system is located in our Living room.

I especially enjoy the Magico Speaker Forum here at WBF.

As a German, my name wouldn't be McLennan, this is a dedication to the great Australian musician
Grant McLennan from the Go Betweens, who passed away far too early.

I listen mainly to alternative Rock, Americana and a lot of jazz.

Great to be with you

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Welcome, Jan!

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome Jan! Lovely system you have. We would love to see a picture or two of your setup! :D

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Welcome on board Jan , don't forget to duck for cover . The natives get restless now n then !;)

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Warm welcome from me too Jan. Are you from northern or southern part of Germany and is there any truth to culture being different between the two?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Herzlich willkommen, Jan!

McLennan

May 19, 2015
Frankfurt/Germany
Hi,

Thanks to Amirm, Jazzhead, MadFloyd and Johnny Vinyl for this warm welcome.

To start with Amirn's question: I'm from Frankfurt, right in the middle of Germany, and, yes, there is a difference between folks from the south, like Bavaria, and folks from the northern part of Germany. In the south, strong dialects, in the north more straight german...., visit HighEnd in Munich sometime, visit a beergarden or Oktoberfest, and then visit Hamburg or Berlin in the north, you'll know the difference.

To JohnnyVinyl: I will post some pictures soon....

To Al M.: Danke für die nette Begrüßung!

Now I'll continue to listen to Townes Van Zandt, Live, Old Quarter, Houston, Vinyl ...

Bye

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing