Hello from Seattle

Anil Kalagatla

Mar 2, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Thanks Mike, my plan is to do exactly that: live with a stable configuration for a while before any radical changes. And thanks for the recommendation as well - I will reach out to Gary once enough time has passed with a stable room.

Ron: Unfortunately, I don't have too much freedom in moving the speakers so far into the room as there are plans for the other end of the room (this is a somewhat of a multi-purpose room that I can't quite dedicate to audio fully). I'm already encroaching into the main seating area :) But I will try and see how much I can get away with pushing them away from the walls. I know that despite what Avantgarde says, the conventional wisdom on this forum seems to be that it's better to give them more room.

Anil

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
All

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself as I've found myself spending a lot of time recently on this forum. After living with a fairly stable SS/Planar system for almost a decade (mostly consisting of various Magnepan/Pass systems in combination with Berkeley Audio Alpha) I very recently made a huge change and switched to a SET/horn combo, and am going through the fun experience of setting up my new system and looking forward to rediscovering my music through this system.

My system now consists of Auralic Aries -> Chord MScaler/DAVE -> Viva Aurora T 845 -> Avantgarde Trio XD/JL Audio Gotham v2. I know the last one is an odd combo :) I originally purchased a Duo XD, but ended up with Trio XD without any bass units (a barely used unit came up for sale and I could not resist trading up for it). For now I can only (barely) afford the Gothams, so I'm doing my best to integrate with them. In addition to setting these up properly, I'm currently looking to upgrade my streamer, as it's likely woefully out of place in this system :)

I must say I'm impressed by the members on this form, both in terms of the gear that people have as well as their passion and knowledge of the gear and (more importantly) the music. Even though I probably won't be able to contribute much in either of those categories, I'm looking forward to being on the forums and learning.

regards
Anil
Welcome!

Listening parties are kind of on hold but I am also in Seattle and (eventually) we will be back to some good music and good company ;)

Reactions: Anil Kalagatla

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Same here as well as a few other people.

HughP3

VIP/Donor
Apr 25, 2019
Thanks Tom, much appreciated.

Jeffrey, here's a quick snapshot right after after I unpacked the horns and Gothams recently :) I have a lot of work to do before my final configuration (not to mention a pair of amp stands) and I will post better pictures after that.

Anil

View attachment 69619
How did i miss this! Congratulations. I loved hearing the Duo XD’s at xpona and really wanted to hear these but none available, enjoy.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think Viva Auroras would be a wonderful match with AG Duos and Trios.

Anil Kalagatla

Mar 2, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Thanks all, and I'm also really looking forward to when I can meet with the Seattle area members, there are some really amazing set ups!

As for my room, still waiting on some furniture which should help tame some of the high reverb in the mids and also make it look a little more like a living room/hall, which it actually is. Everything is taking much longer these days :-(

Anil

PS: BTW, now hat I have a decent "library", I have gotten side tracked recently by a newly discovered hobby of buying Fine Press books from the last century. It was a lot of fun discovering and buying a bunch of my favorites from my college days in wonderfully crafted editions. Any lovers of Fine/Private Press books on this forum? I'm sure the Limited Editions Club version of Dubliners, printed on mold-made paper and hand-sewn and bound, has better diffusion properties than a regular edition :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing