Hello from the beautiful city of Lindau in Germany

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Christoph knows he'll pay twice for these. Once in this life...

Reactions: the sound of Tao

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.vinylsavor.com
Hi!

Here a few pics of my new full function preamplifier (line and phono in one unit plus separate power supply). Using All D3a tubes, transformer volume control, LCR RIAA and my new SplitPath EQ approach for ultra short signal path. This preamp is a statement in neutrality and voice reproduction.

Best regards

Thomas

Attachments

• P12.jpg
    P12.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 25
  • P8.jpg
    P8.jpg
    460 KB · Views: 24
  • P11.jpg
    P11.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 24

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi!

Here a few pics of my new full function preamplifier (line and phono in one unit plus separate power supply). Using All D3a tubes, transformer volume control, LCR RIAA and my new SplitPath EQ approach for ultra short signal path. This preamp is a statement in neutrality and voice reproduction.

Best regards

Thomas
Beautiful Thomas :cool:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.vinylsavor.com
Dear Thomas,
I love the idea of integrated. I hate boxes and boxes of gear. Is it impossible to build an integrated amp that sounds as good as one with separate pre. I am talking top level.

You are such a teaser btw.

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi!

Theoretically I can build an entire system in one box, phono, line preamp and power amps. But it will be big and heavy. If you want the top level, the circuit and parts need space.

My new D3a preamplifier is a full preamp, line and phono in 2 boxes (signal unit and power supply) and is at the very top in terms of sound quality. This is due toi the new unique circuit used in it:

https://vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-d3a-preamplifier.html

Best regards

Thomas

Reactions: Folsom

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Hi!

Theoretically I can build an entire system in one box, phono, line preamp and power amps. But it will be big and heavy. If you want the top level, the circuit and parts need space.

My new D3a preamplifier is a full preamp, line and phono in 2 boxes (signal unit and power supply) and is at the very top in terms of sound quality. This is due toi the new unique circuit used in it:

https://vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-d3a-preamplifier.html

Best regards

Thomas

That sure looks like a good preamp. I am looking for both a phono pre and line. I have a few questions.

Can this have two balanced and one unbalanced input, plus the phono and two balanced and one unbalanced output. Do balanced inputs and outputs are via lundahl transformers?

Does volume control use lundahl or slagle or something else? Are they silver or copper?

How does d3a compare to 10y in the linestage?

What is the suggested retail price for this (sorry, this not on the website yet, so I ask)

ps.I have been trying to find ways to get stuff from you, in the end if I decide on a product I will just fly to Germany and get them myself!

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.vinylsavor.com
Hi

Best to discuss this per email. This is my latest gen phono circuit. I have not finished pricing yet but expect it to be in the region of 50k Euros.
I will offer a good introductory price though. Email me for details

Thomas

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.vinylsavor.com
Hi!

Just wanted to share a few pics of the first preamp I built in 2020. It has a very special color scheme requested by the customer. Gold anodised metal plates and the wood is finished in a veneer which is called silver carbon effect maple.

Best regards

Thomas

P7.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Thomas, did your dac materialise? Don't see it on yr website.

VinylSavor

May 15, 2018
Lindau, Germany
www.vinylsavor.com
Thomas, did your dac materialise? Don't see it on yr website.

Yes, it is available in 3 versions. The standard version with copper transformers, a silver version, and a fully differential all silver version with SuperClock. I have not updated my product website yet, but there are some posts on my blog:

https://vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2019/11/new-dacs.html

https://vinylsavor.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-differential-digital-to-analog.html

Best regards

Thomas

Reactions: adamaley

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
What do they retail for?

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Hi!

Just wanted to share a few pics of the first preamp I built in 2020. It has a very special color scheme requested by the customer. Gold anodised metal plates and the wood is finished in a veneer which is called silver carbon effect maple.

Best regards

Thomas

View attachment 60863

so nice :)

wunderschöne Geräte!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing