HI End Ethernet Cables

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
I have the AQ Diamond and recently purchased the Shunyata Sigma. Both very good with my preference being with the Shunyata (faster with better control of the lower frequency and more finesse in the top end).

Yes, Ethernet cables do make a difference.

Reactions: Zorro

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
I have a running battle going between the SOtM dCBL- CAT7 Audiophile Ethernet Cable and the Shunyata Sigma ethernet cable. For those who think ethernet cables sound the same, I dare you to give this a demo.

Reactions: Zorro

shapo

Jul 5, 2018
I have a running battle going between the SOtM dCBL- CAT7 Audiophile Ethernet Cable and the Shunyata Sigma ethernet cable. For those who think ethernet cables sound the same, I dare you to give this a demo.
How does the Sigma compare to Sotm?

ketcham

Industry Expert
Feb 29, 2016
I also would like to chime in here and emphasize that a demo is necessary. There exist too many variables and when the relationship that develops between components creates a synergy, we take notice. For others that benefit may be reproduced in spades or have no benefit at all. What I gain on this forum and part of why I enjoy reading all aspects is gaining insight and direction for my own evolution; to try new designs and products that I otherwise was unaware of. This level of information was not there 30 years ago, much less 10.

Paul Hovenga (Paul79) presented me with an industrial-grade CAT6e unshielded cable with a quality termination and it best everything I have trialed before, including the current top-end Wireworld and Audioquest. The WW cable was dark, moody and emotional in the midrange with a loss of the higher frequencies. This cable presented an extension in the high frequencies, open airiness, especially in the decay, noted in the percussion and string instruments. Overall improved transparency, timbre, and delicacy.

I ended up selling all of my expensive audiophile ethernet cables for these. Again, this is not a negative to any other cable design or their manufacturer. Please audition, and you may be unexpectedly and pleasantly surprised.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I had cat 6 I wired myself when I built my house behind my walls. At my modem, router, switch location I had store bought jumpers. I noticed one was cat 5. I replacednit with a cat 6 and immediately heard a nice improvement. That gave me the confidence t get a loom of Blue Jeans cat 6. I don't know I heard much of a difference between cat 6 inexpensive and Blue Jeans. Knowing the Blue Jeans is terminated and tested I left it in place.

I would advocate Blue Jeans simply because its pretty inexpensive and it comes with a test sheet on each cable validating the terminations were done right.

I have never tied an expensive ethernet cable. Friends who have them seem to find the bang for the buck is right after a Gigafoil into the server. That is only a .75 meter shot so its not as crushing a purchase as 30, 60, 90 feet from a data room router to your audio rack.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Just as I thought, you haven't heard any of the Audioquest Ethernet cables, but somehow you feel the need to post a comment.

I don't want any cable that I can 'hear' and if $50 a meter is in fact true I sure as hell wouldn't admit that I got duped into buying it ...........

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
I love DALBY~!

Reactions: CKKeung

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I am happy with the Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 LAN cable :)

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing