Hobbies become wants, wants become needs, and needs become obsessions

Vermonter

Jan 6, 2021
Mitch, Thank you for the link.. I would be better off investing in other areas first, but I have upgraded to BJC CAT 6a , Like you, I do believe in quality connections, like what you showed in your AQ cables. So I can see myself looking for something better built down the road. I retired from IBM some years ago and my technical career logic doesn’t jive with some of the audiophile claims. Yet I’ve learned that everything matters in the audio chain and cables are a component. A properly built cable that provides proper specs shouldn’t cost a fortune.. nor should it alter the sound.
If I had more invested in my system as many do on here, I too would be looking into better cables for the finishing touch, but still questioning it all..
Mike,

Below is a link to Telegrtner Industries, maker of high end connectors of all stripes and colors. Based on the similarity in appearance, I’d bet they are the source of the connectors on the AQ cables. I was talking with the tech who installed my Ethernet cable under the house and showed him this info - his comment was it might be important for Cat 7 and Cat 8 applications, and certainly wouldn’t hurt in Cat 6. He offered to make up a couple sections of it for me to test out if I bought the connectors - I think he was curious as well. I wound up buying the AQ stuff instead.

Also attached is a link to a US Audiomart ad from a vendor in Canada who makes and sells Ethernet cables, made in many sizes, that use the Telegarner connector and the best wire he can find. In the ad is a better explanation of the benefits of the more substantial connector and some info on the wire he uses.

At $180 for a 1 meter cord it’d be with the risk/investment just to see if they are an improvement over the BJC cables...I bought the AQ stuff before I saw his ad so my solution was already in place...

slainte,

Mitch

Reactions: Mikem53

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Mike,

Below is a link to Telegrtner Industries, maker of high end connectors of all stripes and colors. Based on the similarity in appearance, I’d bet they are the source of the connectors on the AQ cables. I was talking with the tech who installed my Ethernet cable under the house and showed him this info - his comment was it might be important for Cat 7 and Cat 8 applications, and certainly wouldn’t hurt in Cat 6. He offered to make up a couple sections of it for me to test out if I bought the connectors - I think he was curious as well. I wound up buying the AQ stuff instead.

Also attached is a link to a US Audiomart ad from a vendor in Canada who makes and sells Ethernet cables, made in many sizes, that use the Telegarner connector and the best wire he can find. In the ad is a better explanation of the benefits of the more substantial connector and some info on the wire he uses.

At $180 for a 1 meter cord it’d be with the risk/investment just to see if they are an improvement over the BJC cables...I bought the AQ stuff before I saw his ad so my solution was already in place...

slainte,

Mitch

Thank you Mitch !! appreciate the time and Links !! enjoy the music !!

Vermonter

Jan 6, 2021
Thank you Mitch !! appreciate the time and Links !! enjoy the music !!
No problem...been up since 3 jammin’ with some killer bass tracks. I can pin my ass to the couch if I really want to. The twin JL subs are awesome.

I had some Core amp stands that used to carry Krell Evo 600 mono amps that were 135 pound beasts. After I sold the Krells, the amp stands saw second duty holding the subs. They are perfect in size, and provide a totally inert platform for the subs.

When the guys from JS Audio came down with the Sasha DAWs, we turned off the auto DSP on the subs and hand dialed them in with just the slightest overlap in the lower crossover point on the speakers. I gotta tell ya it was an epiphany. Each improvement in settings not only made the lower frequencies better, but made the full signal coming from the speakers more focused, fuller, holographic and precise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 15

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
No problem...been up since 3 jammin’ with some killer bass tracks. I can pin my ass to the couch if I really want to. The twin JL subs are awesome.

I had some Core amp stands that used to carry Krell Evo 600 mono amps that were 135 pound beasts. After I sold the Krells, the amp stands saw second duty holding the subs. They are perfect in size, and provide a totally inert platform for the subs.

When the guys from JS Audio came down with the Sasha DAWs, we turned off the auto DSP on the subs and hand dialed them in with just the slightest overlap in the lower crossover point on the speakers. I gotta tell ya it was an epiphany. Each improvement in settings not only made the lower frequencies better, but made the full signal coming from the speakers more focused, fuller, holographic and precise.
I’m sure it sounds as good as it Looks !! those stands look great! I don’t blame you stayin up to the wee hours jammin !! Tweaking what you have can be very rewarding... Beautiful setting you have there !! enjoy !

Vermonter

Jan 6, 2021
Just installed a Shunyata outlet on the dedicated 20 amp line. Also pulled the 2000T out of the rack, plugged the M300 amps into the Denali 6000V2 and the Momentum HD preamp directly into the 20 amp circuit (using a Stealth Dream V18 analogue cable). Lots of changes all at the same time so can’t pinpoint which accomplished what, but damn It sounds better.

Yet to come: an Omega XC for the Denali, and a Sigma V2 NR I ordered last week. I’m gonna stand pat until those arrive...unless some incredible bargain falls in my lap...

Vermonter

Jan 6, 2021
I received today an Omega XC, a pair of Sigma N2 VRs, a pair of Venom Defenders, and a trio of SR-Z1 outlets. An additional two dedicated 20 amp circuits go in next week; each amp will have its own line on an SR-Z1 outlet, and share the outlet with a Defender. The Denali will also have its own circuit, (with a SR-Z1), and be connected with the Omega XC. the extra plug position will either power the preamp directly from the wall, or the preamp will be plugged into the Denali - I have not yet made that comparison/call.

I run short of adjectives to describe the sound improvement from this upgrade, and I’m not even at the final configuration (the amps for now are on the Denali), and the cords are 1 day into their break-in period. JFM nails it...

Attachments

• E6CD247A-1AFD-4BCB-B82D-9234D9B4E488.jpeg
    E6CD247A-1AFD-4BCB-B82D-9234D9B4E488.jpeg
    593.5 KB · Views: 10

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing