Hobson Meets Kassem: The Story of Classic Records

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Michael Hobson, the founder of Classic Records, recorded with Chad Kassem, the founder and owner of Acoustic Sounds, a video to chronicle for themselves, for us and for posterity their history and collaboration together. The discussion documents their respective roles in re-issuing on vinyl, utilizing the highest quality audiophile re-mastering and pressing techniques available at the time, and distributing, many of the most cherished and beloved recordings in the history of music.

It is wonderful to see the obvious respect and admiration each of them has for the other, as each of them speaks to the other a tribute to his role in the vinyl resurgence we all have enjoyed over the last thirty years.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i got back into vinyl in 1994-1995, just when the Classic Record's RCA's came out. it's was fun listening to this video and hear the story from Michael's and Chad's perspective. it's my story too. and i'm sure other's here.

thank you Michael, thank you Chad. and thank you to the others involved.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing