Home audio system quest

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
I gathered all cables to one place in a living room.
So 1 cable from first bathroom, 1 cable from other bathroom. 2 cables from balcony.
I want 1 ceiling speaker in each bathroom, 2 outdoor speakers on the balcony, and one good speaker for living room. And of course, a central unit to control all that.
If that is too complicated to get, I am open to have bluetooth speaker in each bathroom, so we can play music from the phone, when we need it.
But at least to have balcony and living room speakers connected to a same source.
I'm lost in my research of what to buy...
It would be perfect if I can control volume of living room speaker, and balcony speakers separately, because sometimes there will be no need for music outside.
So far, I come up to idea to buy Bose SA-5 amplifier, Bose Sound Touch 20 for living room, Yamaha NS-AW350W All-Weather Indoor/Outdoor 2-Way Speakers... and I don't know what Bluetooth ceiling speaker to buy for bathroom...
If someone has better idea, if there is a system that can control every zone separately, or if my plan is ok, and you have idea about ceiling Bluetooth for bathroom... or anything else that can help with finding a right audio system for me, please speak :)
Thanks in advance.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
The setup your planning is certainly workable. Though personally I would try to steer clear of bluetooth speakers. I've compared bluetooth to a wired connect using my phone in my high end car audio system, and you can clearly hear the degradation in sound. Also, bluetooth devices (like wifi) emit unhealthy electromagnetic radiation, so it is adviseable to minimize the amount of bluetooth devices in your home, and where possible stick to wired internet connections. And for that matter, i'd avoid any devices which have voice recognition software like Alexa. That device records everything it hears and sends it back to Govt. But that's another story..

I understand you've got a relatively modest budget, so on the speaker side, i'd recommend checking out Klipsch who have a wide range of high quality, yet good value ceiling and outdoor speakers. Here are a couple of links fyi...

https://www.klipsch.com.au/ceiling-speakers
https://www.klipsch.com.au/search/results?q=outdoor

They also have speakers designed specifically for bathrooms/marine use, such as this example - http://images.klipsch.com/r-1800-c_sheet_635168198572326000.pdf

As far as amplification and a master volume control is concerned, I'd suggest contacting Klipsch, or perhaps consult a Klipsch Dealer directly for some advice, incl: re: their range of speakers. That might involve some 'smart home' technology. Also other members might be able to chime in with suggestions. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Borisr

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
The setup your planning is certainly workable. Though personally I would try to steer clear of bluetooth speakers. I've compared bluetooth to a wired connect using my phone in my high end car audio system, and you can clearly hear the degradation in sound. Also, bluetooth devices (like wifi) emit unhealthy electromagnetic radiation, so it is adviseable to minimize the amount of bluetooth devices in your home, and where possible stick to wired internet connections. And for that matter, i'd avoid any devices which have voice recognition software like Alexa. That device records everything it hears and sends it back to Govt. But that's another story..

I understand you've got a relatively modest budget, so on the speaker side, i'd recommend checking out Klipsch who have a wide range of high quality, yet good value ceiling and outdoor speakers. Here are a couple of links fyi...

https://www.klipsch.com.au/ceiling-speakers
https://www.klipsch.com.au/search/results?q=outdoor

They also have speakers designed specifically for bathrooms/marine use, such as this example - http://images.klipsch.com/r-1800-c_sheet_635168198572326000.pdf

As far as amplification and a master volume control is concerned, I'd suggest contacting Klipsch, or perhaps consult a Klipsch Dealer directly for some advice, incl: re: their range of speakers. That might involve some 'smart home' technology. Also other members might be able to chime in with suggestions. Good luck!
Thx buddy, I really appreciate your suggestions.
The reason I go with Bose is because they have 110-240v.
I need 220v, forgot to mention that.
Can't agree more on Bluetooth health issues, and now probably won't use those speakers.
Can't care less about govt listening to me, they will just waste time listening to us having fun or fight :D
So now I need a unit, that can control 2 outdoor speakers, 1 speaker per bathroom (2 total), and one serious speaker for living room. And I need it to control those 3 zones separately. Or at least to control volume separately. Now at least I clearly know what I am looking for.
Just need to find appropriate central unit (AV receiver maybe?).
And yes, I'll definitely contact Klipsch if they have 110-240v range.
Thx

Reactions: Bodhi

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Thx buddy, I really appreciate your suggestions.
The reason I go with Bose is because they have 110-240v.
I need 220v, forgot to mention that.
Can't agree more on Bluetooth health issues, and now probably won't use those speakers.
Can't care less about govt listening to me, they will just waste time listening to us having fun or fight :D
So now I need a unit, that can control 2 outdoor speakers, 1 speaker per bathroom (2 total), and one serious speaker for living room. And I need it to control those 3 zones separately. Or at least to control volume separately. Now at least I clearly know what I am looking for.
Just need to find appropriate central unit (AV receiver maybe?).
And yes, I'll definitely contact Klipsch if they have 110-240v range.
Thx
YW. The reason I thought of Klipsch is they have been around for decades & can draw on technology from their high end speakers. So the quality and sound is there, yet they're good value and affordable.
Re: amplication, I don't know enought about HT amps to comment on how that might work. Though a local Klipsch dealer should be able to offer up a suggestion, if not actually carry something suitable for your requirements. If you want to control different zones, they might suggest some smart home technology as I mentioned. Cheers.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing