How To Build A Magico Loudspeaker

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Thanks for posting this, Bob. I first saw it on Ack's system thread. It is clear that Magico has a healthy marketing budget. They seem all about quality and results. Of course theirs is not the only way to design and build a loudspeaker, but it is nice to get this inside peak into their operations. It is also clear from seeing the many cabinets and crates that they build and must sell many pairs of loudspeakers. One would not necessarily get that impression from reading the forums. I suspect that most Magico customers do not spend time on audio forums.

It is interesting that the new, relatively inexpensive, A3 speaker is not build by Magico in their facility. This is not obvious from watching the video. I would be very curious to know what percentage of their speakers are sold overseas versus domestically. This brand must be good for the brick and mortar dealerships.

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
It is interesting that the new, relatively inexpensive, A3 speaker is not build by Magico in their facility. This is not obvious from watching the video. I would be very curious to know what percentage of their speakers are sold overseas versus domestically. This brand must be good for the brick and mortar dealerships.

Peter,

I believe that only the A3 cabinets are not made in the Magico factory, the final assembly is.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Peter you are right, I've just checked now in Ack's system thread; the video was posted yesterday @ 3:35 PM by Cannata, seven hours before I posted it here.
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/acks-system-end-of-round-1.2740/page-40#post-538241

If I would have known I wouldn't have started a new thread.
Of course it's impossible to read all the posts. I always tried to never post the same thing twice but in audio it is probably the biggest challenge ever, almost futile @ 99% ...The audio circle, inevitable. :)

Magico loudspeakers are very well made, with lots of attention/detail and care into the best sound music reproduction. From the outside looks it's not the full picture of what's happening inside. And the rest is into your ears, where it counts the most; on and off axis with ideal dispersion, spaciousness, clarity, soundstage's width.

If I was a professional audio dealer, I would carry them in my arsenal.
And it would be an honor to meet its creator/designer, all the science of sound polar pattern behind it, in & out. So it is a fascinating look to watch that video additionally.

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy
My fault, sorry. I was trying to convince some people that Magico knows what they are doing, but that did not go very well :(

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Excellent video!

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Super cool to see the M process from initial concept to finish. Watching Alon sketch was a joy. There is an absolute drive and perfectionism going on here that is something to be appreciated of itself.

A resource intensive approach for sure but design and manufacture as high art is I imagine the very magical element in Magico.

And Step 10... perfetto per gli espresso lovers!

Just maybe missing one final step tho... would have made step 11 just all about the music. That’d have been perhaps a more perfect finale for this the great work of Alon.

Great to watch, thanks Bob and Ack for posting this.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Thanks for posting this, Bob. I first saw it on Ack's system thread. It is clear that Magico has a healthy marketing budget. They seem all about quality and results. Of course theirs is not the only way to design and build a loudspeaker, but it is nice to get this inside peak into their operations. It is also clear from seeing the many cabinets and crates that they build and must sell many pairs of loudspeakers. One would not necessarily get that impression from reading the forums. I suspect that most Magico customers do not spend time on audio forums.

That's for sure. Magico basically explores every path they can to the max, even if some don't really pay off significantly.

The fellow I know with M3's doesn't bother to post really - I'm sure he doesn't feel the need to try to convince people they're good because it's pretty darn obvious at his place.

Reactions: PeterA

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I was left wondering, what was the coffee machine at the end?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Reactions: CKKeung

dcathro

Sep 16, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Thank You, like the speakers - out of my price league :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing