I Am A Ukrainian, This Needs To Go Viral

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Whatever happened before, it's a new ballgame now. What a cluster ^&(*(.

Correct, and if we thought like Russians, it would be the perfect time to invade Venezuela! :D

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
I've lived in the Ukraine. Right now, they're shooting civilians via sniper attacks. The only thing these post-Soviet governments understand is force. Not to the extent of the USSR days, but still in full swing. They see diplomacy and a strive to negotiate as a weakness and do not take it seriously. Not from an ill-defined position of power (ie. lack of force).

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
That's just what hitler made those dumb german soldiers think before they invaded the soviet union ,I m not telling here the communist system is a ideal political system or whatever , I just want to stay with facts ,and not my own opinion as it is irrelevant as is yours , stalin had no intention to invade Europe , hitler attacked Russia because he thought it would be weak ,the battle of Britain was lost and therefore he went for his " easy" jewish/bolsjewistic enemy the soviet union
As this propaganda is still held for true by many , I can see where the fear and sometimes hate for the Russians comes from ,which has an affect until this day
Not sure what history books you've been reading but I agree with Adam.

And personally, I do believe that Stalin would have moved into Europe had WWII not happened. The Russians were the only ones supplying arms to the Communists in Spain and many of the other countries had because of the economies, significant Communist party organizations. Just look to Greece and the war that ensued after WWII ended. Look at Russian aims on Finland and Scandinavia. Stalin had big plans too, just interrupted by Hitler.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Russia was doing its share of annexation before Germany broke the pact with Russia to divvy Europe up Andromeda. Lithuania, Estonia, part of Poland........

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Sure we discussed that earlier in this thread , he made a pact with hitler to divide up Poland and the Baltic states , the Molotov- Ribbentrop pact , but that happened just before hitler started the war in Poland and could also be seen as an agreement from stalins side to prevent a german attack in the end , not a good thing but maybe in the eyes of the soviet union nescesarry , he knew he wasn't ready for war with Germany , stalin ordered his invasion in Poland 16 days later , so the initiative for this pact could be a german one , as Germany then concurred the rest of Europe hitler knew he did not have to bother about a soviet/eastern front of some sort

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Non-Aggression_between_Germany_and_the_Soviet_Union

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And what of the Warsaw Pact? We have members here from former Warsaw Pact countries. I'd like to hear what they thought of life behind the "curtain". If Russia gets Ukraine, that will pretty much be the situation they will be in. They weren't happy with a pro-Russia government in the first place. This looks like a potential case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The ukrain is divided into a pro Russian population and a pro Europe population , adding ukrain to the EU will unsatisfy the eastern part of the ukrain and the crimea , its simple and called democracy

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Democracy is never simple. Apparently nothing is.

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
The ukrain is divided into a pro Russian population and a pro Europe population , adding ukrain to the EU will unsatisfy the eastern part of the ukrain and the crimea , its simple and called democracy

...and has a real potential to cause a civil war with catastrophic consequences.

Edit: Ironically, this was a part of Soviet foreign policy; bring about change based on ideology on a generational level. Generational. 15-20 years. That's how they worked us. Democracy is nice. Sounds nice. Works OK. Those people have no concept of the idea. Not in the same way as we do. Generational changes.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland

That is not as simple as that. At present, only 55% of Crimnea are Russian (used to be 60% 10 years back, but Russian population are mostly eldery people), 45% are Ukrainian and Tatar, which are strongly against Russia.

55% vs 45% hardly gives Russia any rights to claim Crimnea (breaking all possible interantional treaties aside).

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
That's just what hitler made those dumb german soldiers think before they invaded the soviet union ,I m not telling here the communist system is a ideal political system or whatever , I just want to stay with facts ,and not my own opinion as it is irrelevant as is yours , stalin had no intention to invade Europe , hitler attacked Russia because he thought it would be weak ,the battle of Britain was lost and therefore he went for his " easy" jewish/bolsjewistic enemy the soviet union
As this propaganda is still held for true by many , I can see where the fear and sometimes hate for the Russians comes from ,which has an affect until this day

Actually the Jewish/Bolshevik connection existed long before Hitler. It was particularly prevalent in the Ukraine that was one of the most virulently, anti-Semitic countries annexed by Hitler. Atrocities committed by the Ukrainians against the Jews even predates the German invasion. In fact, the atrocities committed by the Ukrainians against the Jews even turned the stomach of the SS and they [SS] went back to Hitler and complained the Ukrainians were giving the Nazis a bad name. Imagine that! The Ukrainians perfected the technique of digging a pit (not to mention throwing dead bodies down mine shafts) and lying the Jews and Russian prisoners of war stacked like logs next to each other and then machine gunned them to death; the culmination was of course the massacre at Babi Yar that was mostly carried out by the Ukrainian Nazi collaborators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_Yar

Bottom line: there's no love lost between Russia and the Ukraine that goes back to at least the early 1930s, if not earlier. It's also not unlike the conflict after Tito dies that traces its roots back to Iraq and ends with Saddem Hussein. Lots of complicated relationships in Europe and lot so myths too.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
<snip>They see diplomacy and a strive to negotiate as a weakness and do not take it seriously. Not from an ill-defined position of power (ie. lack of force).

That makes sense, and it's how I see it, too.

It seems to me that the only reason anyone would want to negotiate is because they are coming to the table from a weak position. A more logical course of action would be to act, although not necessarily with military force. Whatever the action, it should deliver a consequence, rather than merely a threat. And, it should carry follow up possibilities with it that have further consequences that are very real. It should have already happened by now, but it hasn't.

Russia can be put into a box, but Western leaders must have the stomach for it, which they don't. Putin is right in believing they are weak because he is a realist, and they are impotent dreamers.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
That makes sense, and it's how I see it, too.

It seems to me that the only reason anyone would want to negotiate is because they are coming to the table from a weak position. A more logical course of action would be to act, although not necessarily with military force. Whatever the action, it should deliver a consequence, rather than merely a threat. And, it should carry follow up possibilities with it that have further consequences that are very real. It should have already happened by now, but it hasn't.

Russia can be put into a box, but Western leaders must have the stomach for it, which they don't. Putin is right in believing they are weak because he is a realist, and they are impotent dreamers.

Or Putin is insane.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I believe he knows exactly what he is doing. He is in the position of strength, and our side is pretty much clueless.

Hardly Win. But maybe if someone starts a rumor that there are WOMD in the Ukraine, we can start a third war and add another 4 trillion dollar, unpaid war to our bill.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Soviet propaganda at its best. No right protesters ? Let's hire some actors !

The very same woman playing 5 different roles, in different cities, LOL.

No wonder Russia Today anchor Abby Martin spoke against Russian invaison during her live show:

Russians cut out the ending when they were airing the show for the second time later that day.

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Just got home from a hard days work ,...

The Eu " wants " to give ,...(apparently these empty heads need another meeting ) 11 billion euros support to Ukraine , they already gave 600 million , its not even a EU country
The eu gave the" Egypt arab spring " (moslim brotherhood party ) 5 billion , the regime then changed , money wasted .
There is only one answer to all this , its a criminal organization , do they really think I want to pay for this crap :eek:

Last edited:

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Hardly Win. But maybe if someone starts a rumor that there are WOMD in the Ukraine, we can start a third war and add another 4 trillion dollar, unpaid war to our bill.

Myles,

Just so you know, Bush never had my stamp of approval. I despise all of them equally.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I just read that Putin is up for a Nobel peace prize this year .
How can that be possible. Who,s next Obama .
Al

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing