in which country is "Spectral" the most popular

Adimon

Jan 4, 2011
In which country is "spectral" the most popular.
There are a lot of countries with no distributors for Spectral.
Is it the sound signature of Spectral or.. ?

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Nowhere ;-)
I am sure it is not the sound signature just...Spectral policy. I love them (having the 360s amps) but I have always had the impression that they like to keep it a small, be it exquisite, company.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nowhere ;-)
I am sure it is not the sound signature just...Spectral policy. I love them (having the 360s amps) but I have always had the impression that they like to keep it a small, be it exquisite, company.

I've heard the same about Ayre. They are already at a point where output and sales are optimal. No desire to scale up operations, at least not at this point in time.

marba_hr

Aug 22, 2013
www.sonetimage.eu
In which country is "spectral" the most popular.
There are a lot of countries with no distributors for Spectral.
Is it the sound signature of Spectral or.. ?

Most popular is in Netherlands.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
What ever happened to the chaps with issues with their Spectral amps in Europe?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
What ever happened to the chaps with issues with their Spectral amps in Europe?

Do you mean the guy with the transformer buzz that he couldn't kill?

marba_hr

Aug 22, 2013
www.sonetimage.eu
Don't have any trouble since 2008. (my first contact with Spectral)

andi

Apr 9, 2012
Germany
Hi,

Spectral was very popular in Germany during the 90s. In those times they had the image that you can not buy an amp because you want to. They did you a favor to ship one to you. ;)
They have still have a distributor and they got rave reviews. I used Spectral over years and have still one in the attic.

One of the best SS sounds, in my opinion.

Andreas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing