Infinite Imagination - Tweaking the battery of Setchi Groundboxes

Thuan

Apr 20, 2020
Two Setchi D-2s arrived yesterday and I've been happy listening since. But the tinkerer in me has ordered a pair of Energy Ultimate Lithium batteries, and I'm preparing myself to do the replacement. Opening up the battery compartment I was unable to remove the supplied battery since it fits tightly to the slot. I didn't want to force it out. Is there an easier less foreceful way to take it out without potentially damaging the battery connectors and/or thin battery cables?

Oh btw both D-2s are made with high quality materials and craftsmanship. They look and feel gorgeous, the LAN and RCA are of high standards, let alone the wonderful SQ difference they've brought to my setup. Bravo, Emile and Taiko.

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Thuan,
Yes, the battery is tightly placed in the compartment but still can be removed with brutal yet careful force. haha

You may do so a bit later on because after I told Emile about this Lithium battery tweak, he has employed a better industrial alkaline battery in all the Setchis.
The sonic improvement of the Lithium battery replacement is now smaller than before.

Thuan

Apr 20, 2020
I'm finally able to remove the battery with a thin blade knife and put the Energizer Ultimate Lithium battery in. However small the SQ improvement might be, it's there, significant to my ears and I enjoy it. Thanks CKKeung for an excellent finding.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing