Innuos Phoenix USB

Edward XV

Jan 26, 2021
I will ask Lukasz and local dealer, maybe it is possible. is it xmos much better than amanero?

also which usb cables would you recommend with such a dac?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
is it xmos much better than amanero?

There are experiences from the Taiko thread that the new Lampi XMOS is better than the old Amanero.
So I would first go for the XMOS board before other changes.

Matt

Edward XV

Jan 26, 2021
ok, thank you. I also consider something like antipodes S30 or s20 between SK and GG2. what do you think - it can improve usb signal?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
ok, thank you. I also consider something like antipodes S30 or s20 between SK and GG2. what do you think - it can improve usb signal?

Maybe a better solution would be to go for one UHQ server and connect via the XMOS USB to the GG2, so I would compare the SK to other one-box servers like Antipodes K50 or Taiko Extreme if funds allow.

Matt

Edward XV

Jan 26, 2021
I can't afford K50 definitely - but I probably can make superkomputer < S20/S60 < GG2 setup... if it would be much better than just SK < GG2

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
In post # 25 I was wondering if by doing my DAC double reclocks of the incoming USB signal, it wouldn't be the Innuos Phoenix redundant and would make little or no improvement. Now I know the answer, the Phoenix is a magnificent device that clearly improves the sound of my system.

Attachments

• B91E63D0-EA47-4CCD-BD33-844EF8E05748.jpeg
    B91E63D0-EA47-4CCD-BD33-844EF8E05748.jpeg
    706.7 KB · Views: 26

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing