installing 7 Furutech GTX-D NFC (R) outlets this morning

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi everybody.
Today i have connected a PT-SWS Gold wall outlet. I was sure my last SWS Rhodium was adding a lot of information but with a bit artificial highs and some sterile soundstage
As opposite to Rhodium one, Gold one is sounding great from the beginning.
Burn in time now. Expected hours to be really cooked?
It seems the upcoming NCF Gold will match the best of two outlets...
Regards.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Hi everybody.
Today i have connected a PT-SWS Gold wall outlet. I was sure my last SWS Rhodium was adding a lot of information but with a bit artificial highs and some sterile soundstage
Regards.

Mark, have you ever tried a regular heavy duty, industrial grade, isolated ground, duplex receptacle? I am wondering what more these audiophile specialty outlets provide?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Audiophile outlets are an antithesis to your new direction, Peter.

They can be used to tune a stereo but I've had better results without. I still prefer one with good grip though. There may be benefits to something like what Mapleshade has, but I'm not paying their price for how cheap the connectors are.

Reactions: PeterA

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
Hi everybody.
Regards.

Which outlet is the PT-SWS?
Internet search couldn't help me.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I wonder about some of those things. If they have capacitance and you have to many it can be bad for health.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
High Fidelity has a line of these too, from $300 to over $3K.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
What is the relationship between capacitance and health?

That one is a complicated one. Essentially sometimes giving easy paths in electricity can greatly increase the fields the electricity extends outside of the wire. In the case of a power conditioner it can essentially make the whole house's electrical system radiate - doesn't have to be specifically near the device. This gets deep, fast, but essentially it's about the study of electric fields on gut bacteria. While I know the benefits for sound, at this point in time I can no longer recommend something like a Blue Circle power conditioner or others without certain types of precautions. I'll categorize most of it as untested to verify certain frequencies that are excited, and what measure can be taken to localize it so it doesn't reach bodies.

ayreman

Jan 2, 2017
Ukraine
Reactions: nirodha

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
just upgraded my socket to the audio replas socket as well , looks good:) . a really solid build. ck compared the replas with the furutechs before in another thread and based on what he said, i decided to head down this route. The contact is excellent to the plug - no wobble at all even with a heaxy and inflexible cable like the siltect tc.

Attachments

• 20201020_225940.jpg
    20201020_225940.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 49

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I actually got a unit and tried it out. didn't do much for my unit unfortunately. opened it up to have a look and wasnt impressed on the inside as well no circuitry, just a normal standard ncf plug head with 2 spring like non terminated wires attached to each and a piece of plastic in the middle
Thank you for you answer.
It really seems a toy...
Regards.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Furutech has released a diagram of the inside, you can see it here:

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2020/08/new-furutech-ncf-clear-line-ac-optimizer.html

It is not a conventional parallel power conditioner using reactive elements like capacitors. Nevertheless, I have had a few customers with AC power quality measuring devices report back to me substantial reduction in noise by using NCF parts. In my experience, the 1st NCF parts you put in a system make the largest difference and I would suggest the GTX NCF receptacles as being the best bang for the buck. Further NCF parts do help but the effect is cumulative, and the 1st parts added reduce noise the most, additional parts still reduce noise but not as much. NCF parts are also generally the highest quality, so besides the NCF material you also get the highest quality copper, plating and general construction quality possible, so the parts are usually a large improvement over others in many ways, not just because of the NCF material used.

So, if you have good quality AC power and a lot of other NCF parts the effect of the Clear Line may be negligible. OTOH, if you have some noise and currently use no NCF parts, the Clear Line may make a large difference.

I have a few on the way but have not received my order yet. My system uses all NCF plugs, IEC inlets and receptacles, so I'm not sure how much, if any, adding a Clear Line will improve my own system, but I'll report back when I get them.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
just upgraded my socket to the audio replas socket as well , looks good:) . a really solid build. ck compared the replas with the furutechs before in another thread and based on what he said, i decided to head down this route. The contact is excellent to the plug - no wobble at all even with a heaxy and inflexible cable like the siltect tc.
That looks interesting. I may of missed it but did you install one, two...more?

Any impressions?

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
That looks interesting. I may of missed it but did you install one, two...more?

Any impressions?
Hi Ultra

I installed 1 wall socket, the black cylinder in the photo was a ncf clear i was testing out - unfortunately it didnt make a difference for my system .

Am tossing up if i should install another wall plug - i got a bocchino plug with the help of Sanjay here on the forums as well - it's a gigantic wall plug and looks a challenge to install! Carmine loves his things large and big, if this works as well as his iec and all plugs it will hopefully be the end game for me where wall plugs are concerned

Attachments

• 20201101_092640.jpg
    20201101_092640.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201101_092629.jpg
    20201101_092629.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201101_092622.jpg
    20201101_092622.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 20

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing