Interesting Tonearm/Vinyl Announcement for RMAF

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I wanted to write you early with announcements of what we are doing during RMAF this year. We have two suites, 9023 and 9025. In addition to the product announcements and demonstrations in these two suites, we will also be holding two per day seminars on UNI-DIN cartridge setup geometry. This is the first truly modern change to cartridge setup geometry in decades and the first real change to be developed not as a modification of older geometries based on a large conical stylus but instead developed around a modern stereo Microgroove LP and modern cartridge/stylus design. We believe the sonic advantages to this new setup geometry are readily audible. SMARTractor.jpg To effect this demonstration, we will be using the new SMARTractor ($650.00) from Acoustical Systems of Germany. Attached is a photo of this new device. In addition to supporting UNI-DIN geometry, this all new protractor also supports the four leading, older geometries.

In suite 9023 we will be partnering with Boulder Amplifiers demonstrating the new Axiom tonearm ($22,500.00) from Acoustical Systems in Germany on our all new Dr. Feickert Analogue Firebird ($14,500.00) turntable. The electronics will of course be from Boulder Amplifiers and the speaker system will be the Vienna Acoustics - The Kiss ($18,000.00/pr). Supporting the electronics will be a full two-piece design power mains conditions array from IsoTek of the UK. For the amplification we will be using their famed GII Titan ($4,500.00) and for the top half of the system their GII Nova ($5,000.00) with new EVO3 Elite power cables ($595.00/ea).

In suite 9025 we are presenting a more modest, but still very compelling system. The speakers will be the new Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grands ($5,000.00/pr). The electronics will be the new Primare I32 with MM30 media upgrade ($4,500.00), Primare CD32 ($2,700.00) and Primare R32 phono stage ($1,200.00). The primary sources will be between the UPnP I32's MM30 and our all new Dr. Feickert Analogue "Woodpecker" turntable ($8,000.00 including a 12" Jelco tonearm and Acoustical Systems Arché headshell, $750.00).

VANA Ltd.
728 Third Street, Unit C, Mukilteo, WA 98275 USA
t:(425) 610-4532/f:(425) 645-7985/m: (425) 314-1324
www.vanaltd.com / www.facebook.com/vanalimited

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Axiom tonearm:

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Looks like Dertonearms protractor ?

Is this the Uni-Protractor (which I was under the impression was a limited edition item)? It looks very similar to it, down to the squiggly logo.

Uniprotractor.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I have had Daniel's Uni Tractor for a long time now as well as his UNI-DIN alignment geometry. It is a very good alignment and when I last used it I preferred it to Loef and Baer alignment. I do prefer Stevenson alignment on all my Jap turntables thou.

cheers

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Whether you like the guy or not (and he has been very helpful to me), do his products have merit? What is the DIN alignment? Is it better than the conventional alignments we are using now?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Whether you like the guy or not (and he has been very helpful to me), do his products have merit? What is the DIN alignment? Is it better than the conventional alignments we are using now?

He's been helpful to me too. If I had multiple arms or changed cartridges often, I would certainly consider his protractor. There has been some anticipation toward both his tonearm design and Raul's, so I will be great to learn more about one or both of these at RMAF.

Fremer did talk about the arm in one of the show reports. I think that is Fremer's video that Myles posted above.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles, surely you knew these are Dertonearm's jig and tonearm. And that video is of Daniel himself. Raul is supposed to have his new tonearm at RMAF also.

To be honest I hadn't followed Dietrich's protractor very carefully since Mitch Cotter played a large role in designing the VPI piece. And the last time I saw Dietrich was some 25 years ago when he stopped by my place. So I don't think I'd recognize him if I tripped over him:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing