Invitation to Locrian Audio room at SouthWest Audio Fest 2024

Apr 17, 2023
Dallas
locrian-audio.com
It is with great excitement that I am inviting you to the Dallas South-West Audio Fest on March 15-17. We will be at Room 1239. It is our first show since I started Locrian Audio and we look forward to presenting a system that is not commonly encountered in the US. Specifically, we will have:

Record Player: Thales Compact II
Tonearm: Thales Simplicity II, pivoted linear tracking arm
Cartridge: Accuphase AC-6 Moving Coil (NEW)
Phono: Accuphase C-47 Stereo Phono Amplifier (NEW)
DAC: EMM Labs DA2V2
Streamer: EMM Labs NS1
CD Player: Accuphase DP-770 Precision MDSD SACD Player (NEW)
Preamplifier: Ypsilon Electronics PST 100 Mk2
Amplifier: Accuphase A-80 Class A Stereo (NEW)
Integrated Amp: Ypsilon Electronics Phaethon
Loudspeakers: German Physiks Unicorn Mk II
Cabling: All interconnects from FM Acoustics of Switzerland

At the room, I will be joined by Mike Broughton of Audiophile Source (http://mbroughton.com/michael-broughton-audiophile-source/audiophile-source-at-south-west-audio-fest) who will help us with the room tuning and the set up, in order to get the maximum out of the room. He is known in the industry as one of the best in his field and we are very fortunate that he will be there for the “hand-holding” during our audio show initiation in the United States.

During the Show, we will introduce to the Dallas and Texas audiophile community four new products from Accuphase. We are especially excited for the Accuphase AC-6 MC cartridge and the C-47 phono, which we love and both perform well above their price point. On the digital front, the Accuphase DP-770 is a force to be reckoned with and will be configured both as a transport and integrated SACD player. Our digital front will be complemented by EMMLabs’ outstanding DA2V2 DAC and NS1 streamer.

In closing, our demonstration speakers are the German Physiks Unicorn Mk II. This uses a single DDD driver coupled with a horn system to cover the range from 40Hz to 24kHz. This loudspeaker provides outstanding clarity and coherence, as well as a surprisingly extended and coherent bass. It is ideal for jazz, small to medium classical ensembles and vocal music. It can also do a pretty good job with rock music.
The conclusion of a review of the Unicorn Mk II in the German magazine HiFi Vision tells you everything you need to know about this loudspeaker:
“The low-frequency range of the Unicorn MkII is stunning too. Its character matches the unobtrusive, smooth nature of the midrange and treble reproduction. The DDD doesn’t produce an ascetic pseudo-bass, but a real, rich and powerful low-frequency range, that is even able to fulfill party and “level-orgy” needs. The only broadband loudspeaker without compromise and the best full-range design in the world? Yes, Mr. Mueller!”

Looking forward to seeing you in Dallas.

Basile Theodoropoulos
basile@locrian-audio.com

Attachments

• AC-6 Image.jpeg
    AC-6 Image.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 10
  • C-47_birds_eye_view_diagonally_left_ref.jpeg
    C-47_birds_eye_view_diagonally_left_ref.jpeg
    802.8 KB · Views: 10
  • a-80.jpg
    a-80.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 16
  • unicorn-mk-ii-3.jpeg
    unicorn-mk-ii-3.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 25
  • phaethon-2.jpeg
    phaethon-2.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DA2 Front.jpg
    DA2 Front.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023
Dallas
locrian-audio.com
Locrian Audio is pleased to announce a collaboration with NativeDSD for the Dallas SWAF 2024. NativeDSD will be supplying various pieces of music from their vast catalog for your listening pleasure in our room 1239 at the show.

NativeDSD will also be providing fliers at the show (which can only be found in our room 1239) with a special code that gives the holder 35% off of their choice of five albums from NativeDSD’s catalogs.

The link for NativeDSD is: https://www.nativedsd.com/

Happy listening.

Basile

Last edited:

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
It is with great excitement that I am inviting you to the Dallas South-West Audio Fest on March 15-17. We will be at Room 1239. It is our first show since I started Locrian Audio and we look forward to presenting a system that is not commonly encountered in the US. Specifically, we will have:

Record Player: Thales Compact II
Tonearm: Thales Simplicity II, pivoted linear tracking arm
Cartridge: Accuphase AC-6 Moving Coil (NEW)
Phono: Accuphase C-47 Stereo Phono Amplifier (NEW)
DAC: EMM Labs DA2V2
Streamer: EMM Labs NS1
CD Player: Accuphase DP-770 Precision MDSD SACD Player (NEW)
Preamplifier: Ypsilon Electronics PST 100 Mk2
Amplifier: Accuphase A-80 Class A Stereo (NEW)
Integrated Amp: Ypsilon Electronics Phaethon
Loudspeakers: German Physiks Unicorn Mk II
Cabling: All interconnects from FM Acoustics of Switzerland

At the room, I will be joined by Mike Broughton of Audiophile Source (http://mbroughton.com/michael-broughton-audiophile-source/audiophile-source-at-south-west-audio-fest) who will help us with the room tuning and the set up, in order to get the maximum out of the room. He is known in the industry as one of the best in his field and we are very fortunate that he will be there for the “hand-holding” during our audio show initiation in the United States.

During the Show, we will introduce to the Dallas and Texas audiophile community four new products from Accuphase. We are especially excited for the Accuphase AC-6 MC cartridge and the C-47 phono, which we love and both perform well above their price point. On the digital front, the Accuphase DP-770 is a force to be reckoned with and will be configured both as a transport and integrated SACD player. Our digital front will be complemented by EMMLabs’ outstanding DA2V2 DAC and NS1 streamer.

In closing, our demonstration speakers are the German Physiks Unicorn Mk II. This uses a single DDD driver coupled with a horn system to cover the range from 40Hz to 24kHz. This loudspeaker provides outstanding clarity and coherence, as well as a surprisingly extended and coherent bass. It is ideal for jazz, small to medium classical ensembles and vocal music. It can also do a pretty good job with rock music.
The conclusion of a review of the Unicorn Mk II in the German magazine HiFi Vision tells you everything you need to know about this loudspeaker:
“The low-frequency range of the Unicorn MkII is stunning too. Its character matches the unobtrusive, smooth nature of the midrange and treble reproduction. The DDD doesn’t produce an ascetic pseudo-bass, but a real, rich and powerful low-frequency range, that is even able to fulfill party and “level-orgy” needs. The only broadband loudspeaker without compromise and the best full-range design in the world? Yes, Mr. Mueller!”

Looking forward to seeing you in Dallas.

Basile Theodoropoulos
basile@locrian-audio.com
I look forward to seeing and hearing this equipment. Thank you and see you there!

Apr 17, 2023
Dallas
locrian-audio.com
I am looking forward. It will be a pleasure! Best, Basile

Apr 17, 2023
Dallas
locrian-audio.com
This is some coverage from Stereophile of our room in the SouthWest Audio Fest. Thank you all for your support.

The first two tracks on the video (Isao Suzuki and Che Ayado are from the Accuphase 770 as transport and EMM Labs DA2 DAC. The third track (Talking Heads Live) is analog from the Thales turntable, Accuphase AC-6 cartridge and Accuphase C-47 phono.

1710867979108.png

1710868004820.png

1710868042460.png

Pictures and video courtesy of Stereophile Magazine and Mark Henninger.

Last edited:

x1992

Jul 9, 2016
Dallas
I heard your system at SWAF, it was fantastic. The sound was fun and so realistic. Thank you for all the work you did to demo it.

Apr 17, 2023
Dallas
locrian-audio.com
I heard your system at SWAF, it was fantastic. The sound was fun and so realistic. Thank you for all the work you did to demo it.
Thank you for your kind words.

Al Stewart

May 14, 2017
I agree that your SWAF room sounded really good. And I also liked that you answered every question I had—showed that you really know the details of your products.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing