German Physiks HRS-130 receives 6th Editors’ Choice award

Apr 17, 2023
Dallas
locrian-audio.com
German Physiks HRS-130 in black high polish polyester

We are proud to announce that our HRS-130 loudspeakers recently received their sixth Editors’ Choice award from The Absolute Sound. This is a testament to how impressed their senior reviewer Dick Olsher was when he originally reviewed them. Dick is a scientist by training and he also has experience in loudspeaker design. This gives him a useful insight into the physics of loudspeaker drivers like our own DDD driver. Dick’s original review was full of great quotes. Here are just a few:

“Slicing and dicing the music for consumption by several drivers has a major consequence, namely the loss of coherence since most instruments are reproduced by multiple sources of sound on a baffle. By contrast, the DDD sings with one voice—just like the real thing. The driver is literally positioned outside of a box, which allows for its 360-degree radiation pattern and is responsible for its outside-of-a-box spaciousness.”

“What you get here is a world-class wide-range driver that is exceptionally well engineered and superbly integrated into a speaker that is almost perfect for a small-to-medium-sized room. In my estimation, the carbon-fiber DDD is one of the top five driver innovations of the past 40 years, delivering the coherent phase and uniform power response first envisioned by Lincoln Walsh.”
"Expect an exceptionally wide sweet spot coupled with palpable image outlines. The HRS-130 is almost perfect for a small-to-medium size room, providing that the room is acoustically tuned along the lines of live-end/dead-end to sharpen image focus. Midrange textures are capable of exceptional purity, characterized by low levels of distortion through the upper midrange.”
“Given the right amplifier and room setup, the HRS-130 ticks all the important sonic boxes and clearly edges out the competition when it comes to palpable imaging.”
The Absolute Sound, Issue 276; Read the full review here.; For German Physiks loudspeakers: https://locrian-audio.com/brands/german-physiks-loudspeakers/
We also like to take this opportunity to congratulate the German Physiks team for their outstanding work, innovative designs and continuous pursuit of excellence.

Best regards, Basile

Locrian Audio
www.locrian-audio.com

Hi-Fi Chambers

Mar 6, 2024
Dahlonega, GA
Dick Olsher nailed it in his comments, but I wanted to share how the HRS-130's sound in over 28,000 cubic/ft of volume. My dedicated listening room is under renovation forcing me to relocate to the living room, I was very surprised how these speakers faired in such a large space.

In short, amazingly well! Did they lack the precise control of a dedicated space, of course, but what they exuded was delightful. From every seat you see in the picture, the music sounded downright engaging and full of life. Even the corner orange seat was enjoyable delivering a tangible presence of the band, instruments or singer coming from between the speakers! I did pull in my outside sub to assist with 20-42Hz in such a large space, and I'm limited to about 90db before lots of glass begins to call attention to itself. My living room is what I would call a harsh environment for great music. However, I was thrilled to get such life-like performance from these speakers. They even sound excellent in my loft office just above the orange chairs!

When I want to soak in every ounce the music offers, I move my black chair just forward of the coffee table for another level of envelopment. I didn't expect to hear sound stage differences when moving the speakers a few inches in any direction. After many days of experimenting with these speakers in many different positions, I realized these speakers are going to sound good anywhere you place them. But if you have the luxury to pull them off the wall 4 feet or more, these speakers' character really starts to bloom.

In my 45-year audiophile journey, I've owned many cone and dome box speakers, but always preferred my Martin Logan electrostatic panels for my intentional listening sessions. I welcome my HRS-130's to the list of high performers. I've tested these speakers with 6 different amplifiers. I consider the perfect pairing for me to be the McIntosh MA-12000 which should be arriving in early April. Until then, happy listening!!

Attachments

• HRS-130's in the LR for now.jpeg
    HRS-130's in the LR for now.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing