Is CH Precision here for the long haul.

Cooking Man

Feb 5, 2019
Hello everyone. My name is Pablo and I’m a newcomer!
I am hoping to make a final (ha!) substantial investment later this year. I’m looking at the CH Precision. P1 and L1 as a possible upgrade. However Audionet’s recent demise causes concern about the long term viability of high end companies generally and the difficulty of getting such complex products serviced in the event the manufacturer vanishes. What are the Members experiences so far as regards reliability? Many thanks!

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF, Pablo!

There are a lot of CH Precision fans here!

PS: What do you cook? Are you a chef?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
CH has a vary strong following in Asia and Europe and just set up CH USA. Growth is steady and after sales service from the company has been exemplary. My answer to the question would be Yes.

Welcome to WBF Pablo :)

Reactions: CKKeung

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Audionet are back, but I hear your concerns, especially with technologically complex products like these.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
What happened to Audionet? I saw a lot of promotion of their stuff in the last couple of years - surprises me.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Audionet aren't at the same level as CH Precision which are truly high end products. Also, CH are a proper company and are very professional based on my limited communications with them. Co-founder Florian Cossy is ex-Goldmund and ex-Anagram Technologies as explained in this TAS article. Notably Magico LLC are now using CH amps in their listening room. I like their latest amplifiers which are nicely designed and put together, and are on the warm, musical side.

Last edited:

Cooking Man

Feb 5, 2019
Audionet aren't at the same level as CH Precision which are truly high end products. Also, CH are a proper company and are very professional based on my limited communications with them. Co-founder Florian Cossy is ex-Goldmund and ex-Anagram Technologies as explained in this TAS article. Notably Magico LLC are now using CH amps in their listening room. I like their latest amplifiers which are nicely designed and put together, and are on the warm, musical side.
Audionet had
Yes Audionet do seem to be back in business. I believe they had been around for many years (certainly much longer than CHP) and were well established in Germany pushing into export markets in recent years. I have no idea what the problem was at Audionet but let’s hope CHP are properly capitalised etc but who knows?
Anyway I’m very excited to be getting an extended home loan of the P1 and L1 later next week.
I am grateful for the time members have taken to respond to my query. If any member has any feedback ( good or less good) on reliability etc that will be very helpful.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
You heard the Scientist series from Audionet?
My Dealer who carries many high end brands, incl: CH, Soulution, Vitus, Boulder, Dartzeel etc said Audionet were very similar to Accustic Arts which are more mid end than high end. I haven't heard any Audionet gear before, but based on my ear time with Accustic Arts amp they must sound quite good. But to me Vitus, Boulder and Dartz for example are on another level. But this is moot anyway as Audionet are no longer in business.

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Last edited:
Reactions: RussR

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Notably Magico LLC are now using CH amps in their listening room.
...and vice-versa ;)
Take a wild guess how that went :rolleyes:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Did you hear their stuff Chris? I heard a couple of times in shows and was very meh. All show caveats accepted.
Never heard their very ambitious Scientist Series stuff but like you, I didn't like their regular stuff too much.
Not my taste :rolleyes:

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
...and vice-versa ;)
Take a wild guess how that went :rolleyes:
High end audio companies often 'cross-polinate'. It is very common at shows. Personally, my favorite amps for synergy with Magico are Vitus, Boulder (with APL Hifi tube dac) and (conditionally, as I haven't heard them) CAT.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
As someone who has been to the factory is Switzerland and saw their entire operation I can say I was extremely impressed with CH Precision. I decided to buy and represent the line in my area based on what I saw and of course heard. They are extremely professional and thorough i every aspect of their business and IMHO make an incredible series of components that are made for the long haul. CH believes in customer service, reliability and the great sound. These traits are not universal in the audio Industry !
On a personal note CH changed my view of solid state electronics, so much so that I sold my tubes and never looked back.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
My Dealer who carries many high end brands, incl: CH, Soulution, Vitus, Boulder, Dartzeel etc said Audionet were very similar to Accustic Arts which are more mid end than high end. I haven't heard any Audionet gear before, but based on my ear time with Accustic Arts amp they must sound quite good. But to me Vitus, Boulder and Dartz for example are on another level. But this is moot anyway as Audionet are no longer in business.
I'll take that as a "no" then. They're back in business, so no longer a moot point.

Reactions: RussR

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
High end audio companies often 'cross-polinate'. It is very common at shows. Personally, my favorite amps for synergy with Magico are Vitus, Boulder (with APL Hifi tube dac) and (conditionally, as I haven't heard them) CAT.

Based on looks, I assume?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
This doesn't directly answer the OP's question (so feel free to ignore or delete), but having spent time with both Audionet and CH, I offer a few thoughts on comparisons, as it has come up in subsequent posts.

It's correct that the "run-of-the-mill" Audionet is not in CH league, but it is none-the-less very competent kit - dynamic, tonally accurate, detailed and transparent, particularly at the MAX power-amp level. I bought mine second hand and as such they were a bargain in cost / performance terms.
The Scientist kit is squarely in CH territory with the Stern pre falling between L1 and L1 + X1 price wise, and the Heisenbergs between a single M1 and a pair. Sound-wise, they also compare, and is a case of different rather than better / worse.
On the pre side, the L1 (esp with the X1) has great flow to the music, a wide and expansive soundstage, and great tonality (esp for a SS). The Stern on the other hand is more dynamic in it's presentation style, and the soundstage is more etched, with a precise placement of instruments etc. On the power side, the picture is the same, although it is less evident than in the pres.
I like the CH stuff and think the L1 is incredible. I'm less convinced on the power side - the A1's I thought were average, and whilst the M1.1's are good (and I love the flexibility), I'm not convinced price / performance, especially for a pair.
I also rate the Scientist stuff but the presentational style is different, and think the whole is better than the sum of the parts.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing