IsoAcoustic Speaker Isolators Vs Speaker Spikes / Component Isolators Vs Premium Products Like Critical Mass Systems

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
IsoAcoustics makes many, many stud options/adapters in addition to what comes standard. I'm surprised if you needed something they didn't offer...although I suppose that's possible. I have used 1s and 2s on various speakers, and I like them.
Yes, but they don't do a female 8 mm to 12 male adaptor. Luckily those clever chaps in China offer these for next to nothing!

IsoAcoustic include several threads, but they all asume a female thread at the speakers side - AG's adjustable spike devices are male thread after the spike is removed - perfect For Gaia II but no good for Gaia i.

I bought my Gaia IIs for fitting to Martin Logan speakers but these have a very deep socket with the first 20 mm for a hex spanner to be used to remove the amp tray and deeper in is the 8 mm thread. Once I advise IsoAcoustic of this, they made some adaptors with extra long threads for ML owners. Very good service. Peter

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

Vinyl Valet

Dec 17, 2016
Tempe, AZ
I thought EVP worked well and offered good value when they first came out. But a few big prices increases later, they now offer poor value compared to the better manufactured and sounding Iso Acoustic products. For example, when first released the 2" EVPs were $39 each. Now they are $99 each.

Reactions: Jim Smith

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing