Ithaka - DAC by Aries Cerat

Hi byrdparis,
Your 3-way DAC test caught my attention as I’m looking for reports from folks who’ve heard the Ithaka minor. I’m almost afraid to ask but how did the smaller Ithaka do in your listening comparisons? You seem to have heard many of the other Aries Cerat DACs too; could you assess where the Ithaka minor would stand in relation to the Kassandra series? As a distributor of AC components, who would you recommend to buy an Ithaka minor?
First I'm sorry for my late reply, unfortunately I'm not entering WBF as before. so your question was overshot to my radar.

so, my "relationship" with AC was not as long as others around, but very deep.
I have visited stavros twice already. The first time I was able to listen to A LOT! of his equipment for 3 whole days, and we did a comparison between almost all units he got there then, so Helene to Kass to ITHAKA, pre amps, amps. etc... analog vs digital so all his Phono stages also.
i can tell you from the start, stavros and AC ruined my hobby completely.
i was so floored from the get go, i couldn't understand what i was doing this past 30 years flipping hundreds of boxes and speakers over and over again (as other audiophiles)
Every step of the way there was music flow and energy I yet to discover from other brands (I need to disclose right now, I am now an AC dealer for the Israel market).
and i had at all (and still own and keep a lot of Ultra high end brand to sell)

for your question specifically - i had the Helene in my possession for a couple of month, i had also comparisons through the kass line and eventually to the ITHAKA
that from my book (after i don't know how much dac's i listened in my life) it's the BEST there is today. period. (not only for its price, from every angle)
the last time I visited stavros and his family we listened to a lot more, the humerus, ithaka and the ithaka minor, and a bunch of other things.
I was intrigued about the minor also for a customer of mine who has the same "problem" as you.
my answer is - if you have the room and the funds. go ITHAKA and don't look back
if you don't (either one of them) you can go "minor" and not think about it at all!
It's a dac for life. it has all the big ithaka sound signature, clerity, speed, analog feeling, not the slight digital over glow, with slightly less oomph and low bass details (who that listened to the ITHAKA knows that the low bass is enormous! not just as it goes down but retrieving so many details from there till it could sound almost "dark")
but there is no turning back, as soon as you listen to AC, you are hooked. it's not a WOW and fireworks, it's just amazing music that just transports you to the venue.

A.

Hi, my main goal is to get Ithaca, Yanus monoblocks, Pondera preamp for personal use. Since me and my partner started to profesionaly represent and specialize on Aries cerat and Clarisys I like to reveal that change.We will purchase and test at our 2 studios, one is specilizing on analog and mine on digital. We already ordered some of the stuff and waiting to hear these miracles. :) We welcome all vistitors to stop by. Mecca Highend.cz My name is Michael Dimitrov and have some private Youtube channel
We are very pleased that we let people of Czech and Slovak rep to discover Aries cerat, this complany sits already deep in my music heart as it deserves to be. I tried many brands in the past and for me this is the end of game. I am about to learn a lot about AC, it will be exciting journey....

First I'm sorry for my late reply, unfortunately I'm not entering WBF as before. so your question was overshot to my radar.

so, my "relationship" with AC was not as long as others around, but very deep.
I have visited stavros twice already. The first time I was able to listen to A LOT! of his equipment for 3 whole days, and we did a comparison between almost all units he got there then, so Helene to Kass to ITHAKA, pre amps, amps. etc... analog vs digital so all his Phono stages also.
i can tell you from the start, stavros and AC ruined my hobby completely.
i was so floored from the get go, i couldn't understand what i was doing this past 30 years flipping hundreds of boxes and speakers over and over again (as other audiophiles)
Every step of the way there was music flow and energy I yet to discover from other brands (I need to disclose right now, I am now an AC dealer for the Israel market).
and i had at all (and still own and keep a lot of Ultra high end brand to sell)

for your question specifically - i had the Helene in my possession for a couple of month, i had also comparisons through the kass line and eventually to the ITHAKA
that from my book (after i don't know how much dac's i listened in my life) it's the BEST there is today. period. (not only for its price, from every angle)
the last time I visited stavros and his family we listened to a lot more, the humerus, ithaka and the ithaka minor, and a bunch of other things.
I was intrigued about the minor also for a customer of mine who has the same "problem" as you.
my answer is - if you have the room and the funds. go ITHAKA and don't look back
if you don't (either one of them) you can go "minor" and not think about it at all!
It's a dac for life. it has all the big ithaka sound signature, clerity, speed, analog feeling, not the slight digital over glow, with slightly less oomph and low bass details (who that listened to the ITHAKA knows that the low bass is enormous! not just as it goes down but retrieving so many details from there till it could sound almost "dark")
but there is no turning back, as soon as you listen to AC, you are hooked. it's not a WOW and fireworks, it's just amazing music that just transports you to the venue.

A.
Without reading this post of yours I just finished mine and I found a similarity in our aproach and feelings toward Aries Cerat, unfortunaltely for me , I only have heard Helene and Kassandra REF, not other higher models. Anyway it did not stop me to fell in love with AC. Ithaca is on my wish list, thanks for your words <3

Last edited:
Hi, my main goal is to get Ithaca, Yanus monoblocks, Pondera preamp for personal use. Since me and my partner started to profesionaly represent and specialize on Aries cerat and Clarisys I like to reveal that change.We will purchase and test at our 2 studios, one is specilizing on analog and mine on digital. We already ordered some of the stuff and waiting to hear these miracles. :) We welcome all vistitors to stop by. Mecca Highend.cz My name is Michael Dimitrov and have some private Youtube channel
We are very pleased that we let people of Czech and Slovak rep to discover Aries cerat, this complany sits already deep in my music heart as it deserves to be. I tried many brands in the past and for me this is the end of game. I am about to learn a lot about AC, it will be exciting journey....
@Zappadaddy

Congratulations on your big move to represent Aries Cerat in Czechia and Slovakia! I wish you the best of luck as you embark on your audio business venture. As you and your partner equip your two studios with a selection of Aries Cerat components, I would be most interested to read your impressions of the new stock, especially since you may be hearing some of the products for the first time. What’s in your first order?

@Zappadaddy

Congratulations on your big move to represent Aries Cerat in Czechia and Slovakia! I wish you the best of luck as you embark on your audio business venture. As you and your partner equip your two studios with a selection of Aries Cerat components, I would be most interested to read your impressions of the new stock, especially since you may be hearing some of the products for the first time. What’s in your first order?
We started with Helene, Incito S and Kassandra Reff 2. Now we placed the order for Pandora, Talos Reff and Yanus Essentia monoblocks. We may have order for Ithaca and another Kassandra Reff 2. Anyone is welcome to visit and stay, we have an little apartment to stay in overnight and a pizzerie restaurant, all within the complex.

We started with Helene, Incito S and Kassandra Reff 2. Now we placed the order for Pandora, Talos Reff and Yanus Essentia monoblocks. We may have order for Ithaca and another Kassandra Reff 2. Anyone is welcome to visit and stay, we have an little apartment to stay in overnight and a pizzerie restaurant, all within the complex.
Pandora Turntable? You're in for a real treat!

Reactions: byrdparis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing