JackIsBack!

Another thrilling episode. I've forgotten the end of the last season wherein Jack was branded a terrorist as mentioned in this season. I may have to watch season 8 all over again.

Another thrilling episode. I've forgotten the end of the last season wherein Jack was branded a terrorist as mentioned in this season. I may have to watch season 8 all over again.

That's the problem I'm having too. Been too long between seasons. :)

End of episode 8 and wow, what a shock!

The plot thickens in Episode 9. One rare funny scene:

President: I am the President of the United States and I am ordering you to turn back (or something like that). THAT IS AN ORDER!

Driver/Friend of Jack: I am not a U.S. citizen and this is not the United States. (Defying the presidential order). LOL

10473194_10152104186087251_5715534268986453777_n.jpg

I wasn't asking for permission. I was just being courteous. Jack Bauer

I forgot all about the Chinese villian Chang. I think he was the high official in inside the Chinese embassy in a past season. But the plot is interesting when looking at the Asia Pacific regional news these days.

Tragic ending.

Tragic ending.

You mean Audrey dying?

Otherwise, just means there will be another season. How can Jack top beheading Chang in the next season???? Only this time instead of Audrey looking for Jack in China, it'll be Chloe looking for Jack in Russia.

You mean Audrey dying?

Otherwise, just means there will be another season. How can Jack top beheading Chang in the next season???? Only this time instead of Audrey looking for Jack in China, it'll be Chloe looking for Jack in Russia.

Yes. Audrey dying and dead. With the president talking of forgetting everything. Almost like the scene when Dexter's sister the cop died in the end of the series. A next season will have a hard time topping this without repetition, as you mentioned.

How many Presidents have they gone through since the beginning of 24? Couple that were assassinated and now we have one that's going senile and having to hand over authority to his VP.

You mean Audrey dying?

It was a good series and my reaction to the ending mirrored yours - a garuantee of new one

It was a good series and my reaction to the ending mirrored yours - a garuantee of new one

I hope so but I wish they'd go back to the old format. The new series didn't quite have the same suspense and underpinnings of the old 24 and just seemed a little crammed together and congested at times. Also Chloe's character just was never fleshed out.

I hope so but I wish they'd go back to the old format. The new series didn't quite have the same suspense and underpinnings of the old 24 and just seemed a little crammed together and congested at times. Also Chloe's character just was never fleshed out.

Yes I agree. I'm not sure why they changed the format. Cost is obviously one potential reason and a concern that it has lost its newness. We do also hear persistent reports of a decline in the attention span of people and perhaps there was a concern about the extent to which 24 episodes would maintain viewers' interest. You and I wouldn't have a problem but what about so many others.Personally I can still remember how gripped I was by both the book and BBC TV of Tinker. Tailor, Soldier, Spy and in the same genre of books the Len Deighton trilogy Game Set and Match.

Yes I agree. I'm not sure why they changed the format. Cost is obviously one potential reason and a concern that it has lost its newness. We do also hear persistent reports of a decline in the attention span of people and perhaps there was a concern about the extent to which 24 episodes would maintain viewers' interest. You and I wouldn't have a problem but what about so many others.Personally I can still remember how gripped I was by both the book and BBC TV of Tinker. Tailor, Soldier, Spy and in the same genre of books the Len Deighton trilogy Game Set and Match.

That is a good point, I also loved Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy on BBC TV with Alec Guiness :)
And the remake with Gary Oldman was a great modern film version that was a good 3 hours shorter... and yet many criticize the film for being slow :)

I have loved all the 24 series, but tbh with it being as mature as it is, I cannot see how they can do 24 episodes these days due to the number of complex plots and character backgrounds/interests that are needed to do that many episodes without it feeling like much of it is a rehash of before.
Could be worst and be like Game of Thrones that is only 10 episodes.... now that is frustrating as it really needs 13 per season IMO.

Cheers
Orb

I always get a little bit concerned on how much of the seemingly crazy plots and sub plots seem to get mirrored in real life - tragically.

Next season should be good thou.

I always get a little bit concerned on how much of the seemingly crazy plots and sub plots seem to get mirrored in real life - tragically.

Next season should be good thou.

Exactly! That's why I find 24 (and Criminal Minds) very disturbing. Too real...I think the producers of 24 talked about that in regards to the new season and the plot about drones.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing