JCAT - music server upgrades, power supplies, cables

Cotoi

Mar 30, 2023
I just got Inito 3 and it is still in burn-in period, but I want to ask what specification the fuse has. I would like to upgrade it, and not really sure what fuse to look for.
thank you

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
I just got Inito 3 and it is still in burn-in period, but I want to ask what specification the fuse has. I would like to upgrade it, and not really sure what fuse to look for.
thank you
Hello,

The fuse is 5x20mm., 2A slow blow.

Best regards,
Marcin

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Buonasera volevo sapere se è possibile montare il jcat net xe sul Qnap 453d dove tengo la mia libreria musicale con altri 16000 album (flac, dsd, e qualche wave) poi passo tutto ad un sotm switch, da li il segnale via cat7 va al mio pc streamer con una scheda usb jcat output che trasferisce il segnale al box XIII di playback che lo trasferisce via double st/st al convertitore pdm 5 di playback garantendomi un perfetto isolamento galvanico. Penso che se fosse possibile aggiungere jcat net a qnap migliorerebbe notevolmente l'usabilità della mia libreria. Grazie in anticipo per la risposta
Massimo66

Massimo66

Feb 7, 2022
Hello,

The fuse is 5x20mm., 2A slow blow.

Best regards,
Marcin
Good evening, know if it is possible to mount the jcat net xe on the Qnap 453d where I keep my music library with another 16,000 albums (flac, dsd, and some wave) then I pass everything to a sotm switch, from there the signal via cat7 goes to my pc streamer with a usb jcat output card which transfers the signal to the playback box XIII which transfers it via double st/st to the playback pdm 5 converter guaranteeing perfect galvanic isolation. I think if jcat net could be added to qnap it would greatly improve the usability of my library. Thanks in advance for your reply
Maximum66

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Good evening, know if it is possible to mount the jcat net xe on the Qnap 453d where I keep my music library with another 16,000 albums (flac, dsd, and some wave) then I pass everything to a sotm switch, from there the signal via cat7 goes to my pc streamer with a usb jcat output card which transfers the signal to the playback box XIII which transfers it via double st/st to the playback pdm 5 converter guaranteeing perfect galvanic isolation. I think if jcat net could be added to qnap it would greatly improve the usability of my library. Thanks in advance for your reply
Maximum66
Hi Massimo,

Yes - you can install the card in your QNAP NAS. TS-453D has a PCI Express expansion slot. The card will work as soon as you install it.

Best regards,
Marcin

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Reactions: StreamFidelity

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
What are the values for Phase Noise@ 10Hz and Phase Noise@ 1Hz?
-110 dBc/Hz @ 10Hz offset
-80 dBc/Hz @ 1Hz offset

While phase noise parameters are important, they do not solely determine the sound quality to the extent that some might assume. We conducted experiments with various oscillators; one had a 2dB better phase noise, yet it sounded significantly worse. In our experience, the board's design, component selection, and power supply have a much more significant impact on achieving quality than solely focusing on oscillator phase noise parameters. Our Master OCXO Clock, powered by the OPTIMO 3 DUO, confidently competes with products priced above 5,000 EUR. We've conducted such comparisons.

Marcin

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
-110 dBc/Hz @ 10Hz offset
-80 dBc/Hz @ 1Hz offset

While phase noise parameters are important, they do not solely determine the sound quality to the extent that some might assume. We conducted experiments with various oscillators; one had a 2dB better phase noise, yet it sounded significantly worse. In our experience, the board's design, component selection, and power supply have a much more significant impact on achieving quality than solely focusing on oscillator phase noise parameters. Our Master OCXO Clock, powered by the OPTIMO 3 DUO, confidently competes with products priced above 5,000 EUR. We've conducted such comparisons.

Marcin

Can you supply the clock board with a custom frequency of 10 MHz?

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Hi Guys,

I'm pleased to share a fantastic review of our JCAT USB XE with Master OCXO Clock Upgrade by Rob Dockery on Stereo Times. Rob's detailed analysis captures the essence of what we strive for in high-end audio excellence.

aaaJCATCLock2-768x512-3.jpeg

Key Highlights of the Review:
- The JCAT USB XE with Master OCXO Clock Upgrade significantly enhances sound quality, offering more clarity, precision, and an improved musical experience.
- Comparing it with the standard JCAT USB XE, the clocked version brings a new level of bass control, definition, and an overall more natural and accurate sound.
- The importance of a high-quality power supply is emphasized, as it further enhances the card's performance.

Rob's experience highlights the card's ability to transform a digital music system, bringing it closer to a live performance feel.
The full review can be found here: https://stereotimes.com/post/jcat-usb-xe-with-clock-by-rob-dockery/

Best regards,
Marcin

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Dear JCAT fans, we're thrilled to announce the latest addition to our lineup: the ULTIMO power supply

jcat ultimo face cables white.jpg
jcat ultimo psu back white.jpeg

Drawing inspiration from the esteemed OPTIMO 3 DUO, the ULTIMO represents the pinnacle of our commitment to audio excellence.

Features
  • Bespoke Transformer: A custom-designed transformer with enhanced characteristics ensures pristine power delivery.
  • Silicon Carbide Diodes: Superior SiC technology minimizes noise, significantly enhancing audio clarity.
  • Advanced Three-Stage Topology: Guarantees optimal voltage regulation, minimal thermal load, and isolation from AC disturbances.
  • Innovative Design: Proprietary PCB design reduces noise pathways and ensures efficient energy delivery.
  • Premium Construction: High-grade materials and components, including gold-plated PCBs, all proudly made in Poland.
  • ULTIMO DC Cable: A specially designed cable that minimizes impedance and mechanical vibrations, maximizing the performance of your power supply.
Available now: https://jcat.eu/product/ultimo/

Marcin_gps

Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
JCAT_CLOCK1.jpg

The HiFi Knights review praises our MASTER OCXO CLOCK UPGRADE for its remarkable impact on sound quality, highlighting its ability to enhance spatial detailing, bass depth, and midrange clarity.
Designed for audiophiles seeking to elevate their audio systems, this upgrade is noted for its precision in sound reproduction, despite its premium price point. The review recommends it as a significant investment for serious enthusiasts looking to achieve the pinnacle of audio performance. For the complete review, please visit HiFi Knights.

http://hifiknights.com/reviews/sources/jcat-master-ocxo-clock-upgrade/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing