JPS Labs Aluminata Cables

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
I think the JPS might be worth an audition between my Io phone and preamp. Than you to those who have contributed.

felipe91

May 23, 2022
I use JPS labs interconnects for all my gear and to my ears they are a nice improvement over the mid point Nordost and Neotechs I have tried.
I also had a little Ars Sonum tube amp in a second system and when I changed the rca interconnects to JPS Labs super conductor, the difference was quite apparent in a very positive way. The cables they replaced were Linn.
Hello, have you compared JPS Labs Aluminata Cables XLR to Nordost valhalla 2 XLR? thank you.

felipe91

May 23, 2022
One more note, physically this cable is stiff and heavy. It's pulling my little AVC out of its nominal resting spot on the shelf.
Probably better to have an XLR to avoid any potential damage of the connectors of electronic devices?

Anton_s0s

Aug 6, 2023
Hi,
I want to reopen the thread with a question.
Did anyone ever find a JPS Labs patent for Alumiloy or their Particle Aluminum Shield (PAS). I found only two JPS Labs patents for planar headphones. That's it. No patents related to cables or metallurgy.
These technologies shouldn't be more than 20 years old... or could they be? Either Alumiloy technology is too old or it was never patented.
Is this alloy from the times when people experimented with gold-silver-copper alloys? I used to have the latter in my system and could justify the price/performance ratio. But I don't see how aluminum-based technology could be that expensive.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing