JPS Labs Aluminata Cables

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Does anyone own JPS Labs Aluminata interconnect cables or speaker cables or power cables? Has anyone auditioned them?

If so, please tell us about them. What other cables have you compared them with directly?

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
BruceB used to have them in his studio. He had also wired in wall with them.

He mentioned that of the cables he tested with voltage meters, the JPS was the only one that had no readings, the shielding on it was that good. He also mentioned that a particular valve pre that he had was humming, and when he added the JPS cable to it, the hum stopped

Reactions: Bruce B

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I am using:

JPS Aluminata Reference RCA between Phono and Pre
JPS Aluminata Reference XLR between DAC and Pre
JPS Aluminate Reference RCA SPDIF between CD Transport and DAC
JPS Aluminate Reference Speaker cable

JPS Superconductor V SME/DIN to XLR between tonearm and Phonopre

JPS Super Aluminata XLR between Phono and Pre
JPS Super Aluminata Powerchord between wall and Furutech power distributor

The cables are playing with high resolution on the more neutral side, so not "warm" at all.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I had my music room AC lines run with JPS in-wall but have no way to make a comparison. What I will tell you is that my highly skeptical electrician commented on what a pleasure it was to work with the JPS cables and asked me about cost/source. When I told him, he lost all interest.

Reactions: Folsom and bonzo75

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, shakti snd Kal.

newmill

Jul 30, 2015
I use JPS labs interconnects for all my gear and to my ears they are a nice improvement over the mid point Nordost and Neotechs I have tried.
I also had a little Ars Sonum tube amp in a second system and when I changed the rca interconnects to JPS Labs super conductor, the difference was quite apparent in a very positive way. The cables they replaced were Linn.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I had my music room AC lines run with JPS in-wall but have no way to make a comparison. What I will tell you is that my highly skeptical electrician commented on what a pleasure it was to work with the JPS cables and asked me about cost/source. When I told him, he lost all interest.
Another soul lost from a lifetime's purgatory in Audiofoolia.

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I had a full loom of Aluminata about 7-8 years ago. I had power cables, speaker cables, and RCA and XLR interconnects.
I think they are low priced for what approaches state of the art performance.
It was the first cable I demo'd that left me in awe of what was possible with cables.

That said, in my system, I eventually found them a bit tipped up. I didn't really have full range speakers at the time and that probably played into my impression of them.
I sold the JPS and moved into Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7 interconnects/speaker cables and Furutech power cables which gave me a balance that was more enjoyable at the time. I think the JPS Aluminata outperforms those in terms of neutrality and a detailed presentation but like I said, my system was probably too bright at the time to enjoy them, long term.

I do believe Audioquest Dragon/WEL interconnects outperform all of those at a significant increase in price, however.

JPS Aluminata is worth an audition, in my opinion.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I've been wanting to try Aluminata interconnects for a long, long time. What interests me is the unique conductor, the supposed superb shielding, and private discussions I've had with owners who have described their results with them. I haven't found a source for an in-home demo, so I've been meaning to pick up a used set or two and keep missing out when one surfaces. Still on my radar though. The only comment I've heard that I'd consider negative would be that some folks seem to describe them as very smooth sounding. This might not be a negative after trying them for myself, so that's what I'll need to do.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) He mentioned that of the cables he tested with voltage meters, the JPS was the only one that had no readings, the shielding on it was that good.(...)

Can we know what is meant by this sentence? Testing cables with voltage meters?

Reactions: analogsa and Folsom

RnRmf

Apr 29, 2015
I've been wanting to try Aluminata interconnects for a long, long time. What interests me is the unique conductor, the supposed superb shielding, and private discussions I've had with owners who have described their results with them. I haven't found a source for an in-home demo, so I've been meaning to pick up a used set or two and keep missing out when one surfaces. Still on my radar though. The only comment I've heard that I'd consider negative would be that some folks seem to describe them as very smooth sounding. This might not be a negative after trying them for myself, so that's what I'll need to do.

I originally demo'd mine from the lending library through Ethan over at the Cable Company.

Reactions: bazelio

whistleraudio

Jan 6, 2015

Maybe you could contact JPS directly regarding a demo pair to try at home?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

I meant volt meter, but you can check with Bruce what he actually did

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Another soul lost from a lifetime's purgatory in Audiofoolia.
I don't think that was it. I believe he was thinking about the ease of routing and connecting as a way of reducing time costs on big jobs. :rolleyes:
BTW, I also used the JPS Aluminata AC Cords but the connectors are too massive for the connector spacing on the back panels of my Benchmark amps.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

Using a voltage detector for AC circuits.... you can not detect any voltage outside any part of the AC cables..... to me, that's good shielding!

I've been downsizing my rig and have a ton of cables to get rid of. PM me if you would like to have some.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I've owned Aluminata speaker cables and SC 3 ICs for the past 5 years. About a year ago, due to all the great reports I read about Audience SX cables I borrowed a set of SCs and ICs from The Cable Company. My hope was that if the Audience bettered the JPS I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone via better sound and maybe make a few shilling in the process. Unfortunately the JPS cables were noticeably better yielding tighter bass, slightly more transparency and a more relaxed sound if that makes sense. I also compared just the SCs with essentially the same result.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I've got a pair of RCA Aluminata interconnects in for demo. I'm using them between my Emia Phono Corrector and AVC - which is the most influential position in my system other than speaker cables.

I can usually tell within 5 minutes if a new cable will work in my system. It takes much longer to dissect the finer attributes, but discarding an unsuitable sample is normally quick. With the Aluminata, right off the bat, I like what I hear. A lot. Aluminata is somewhat difficult to describe sonically, I think because neutrality is its tendency. That said, maybe this is a coloration (?): there is a somewhat "grounded" quality to this cable, i.e. the opposite of an ethereal sensation where musical notes are floating about. Not warmth, not a stuffy lack of air; just an overall solidity. A sin of commission? I am not entirely sure. Other observations: it is very revealing without sounding "hifi", i.e. detail is presented with nuance. Inner detail, like wooden instrument body cavity resonance, is clear and natural. Duet voices take their own outlines without being pinpointed or disjoint. Dynamics can be sharp but never yet overdone. Sustain and decay - two hallmarks of a high resolution and natural-sounding system for me - just sound right. Fatiguing is not a word I think anyone would use to describe this cable, but neither are words like "soft" or "forgiving". Really, this just seems to be a no-nonsense cable that plays a disappearing act in my system. More listening to do, but early and immediate thumbs up.

@sbo6 - I borrowed a set of the Audience Front Row a while ago. Not in the same league as these at all. The Audience were super colored.

Last edited:

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
One more note, physically this cable is stiff and heavy. It's pulling my little AVC out of its nominal resting spot on the shelf.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing