Kassandra II Ref E280F options

Yes the above are drop in, you just readjust the bias and you are set.

The 810 are not improvement nor downgrading. It is sidestep. In some aspects the E280F has the edge , in some other aspects the E810F is better , what
you prefer is a matter of taste and system.

Imagine the E810F as more dense/full bottom E280F , also has different bass presentation as well.

Cheers
Stavros
Does the same hold true for Protos and/or Incito?

maybe I am mistaken, but I thought all E280Fs were made by Siemens. Any other "brand" is just rebranded Siemens.

I believe that the vast majority of Valvo branded E280F’s were manufactured at the Philips plant In Hamburg Brad .

Last edited:
@morricab yes

Yes Philips also made them as well, Valvo,Mullard, and most of rest are actually Phillips.
Ok, I always got Siemens from you and thought that was all there is…assume then that you consider the Siemens to be the best sounding?

Ok, I always got Siemens from you and thought that was all there is…assume then that you consider the Siemens to be the best sounding?
It is not that straight forward.
From our internal grading system, (from 1-10)
Siemens get 1-10
Mullard 2-8
Tele 2-8
Phillips 2-7
Valvo 1-8
Various rebrands 1-4

So you see there is huge overlap. You cannot generalize about brands. You can get Siemens ranging from 1 to 10.

To clarify, even a grade 1 is still fantastically sounding tube, but, there are grades above that:)

Dates and factories(Siemens had more than one) play significant factor.

Cheers
S

It is not that straight forward.
From our internal grading system, (from 1-10)
Siemens get 1-10
Mullard 2-8
Tele 2-8
Phillips 2-7
Valvo 1-8
Various rebrands 1-4

So you see there is huge overlap. You cannot generalize about brands. You can get Siemens ranging from 1 to 10.

To clarify, even a grade 1 is still fantastically sounding tube, but, there are grades above that:)

Dates and factories(Siemens had more than one) play significant factor.

Cheers
S
Thank you for the information. Could you expand on what the ratings mean? How do you identify the rating on the tube and what grade are in your products. I have a Kassandra II Reference and know what tube came with it but I don't recall any ratings on the box or tube.

Reactions: Willgolf

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing