Kef ls50

Mr Rickz

Dec 26, 2019
Southern California
This is the first time I have ever seen the “Banned” label!

I think Amir has a pretty thick skin. He has run afowl on other forms as well. If I'm correct, I believe he has his own home forum. He fights on the hill of objectivity. I suppose that there is nothing wrong in that. I was the same way in my career, but not so much in my private life. Age has softened me. ;)

Reactions: Steve Williams

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Rickz

Mr Rickz

Dec 26, 2019
Southern California
After a visit to my dealer yesterday I think my LS50s will soon be in his possession. The Harbeth 30.2s or Compact 7s are in my future. The decision will take more audition time.

As to the desktop, a Schiit Jotunheim and a pair of Sennheiser HD 800s are my preferred method of listening.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The Harbeth 30.2 retails for $6,500/pair, that's a $5,000 price difference with the KEF LS50.
So there's that (for your financial consideration).
_____

https://www.stereophile.com/content/harbeth-monitor-302-40th-anniversary-edition-loudspeaker

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-re...2-anniversary-loudspeakers-review-test-496810

$6,500 buys you a lot of speaker; there are many pairs out there in that price range (and below) amply worthy to test listening drive before the ultimate marriage commitment. :)
I think the KEFs @ half price is still the good deal of that category.

Mr Rickz

Dec 26, 2019
Southern California
The Harbeth 30.2 retails for $6,500/pair, that's a $5,000 price difference with the KEF LS50.
So there's that (for your financial consideration).
_____

https://www.stereophile.com/content/harbeth-monitor-302-40th-anniversary-edition-loudspeaker

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-re...2-anniversary-loudspeakers-review-test-496810

$6,500 buys you a lot of speaker; there are many pairs out there in that price range (and below) amply worthy to test listening drive before the ultimate marriage commitment. :)
I think the KEFs @ half price is still the good deal of that category.

Thanks for the links. Based on this information I will need to add the 30.1s to the mix. You certainly are correct that there are other options in this price range. I'll investigate the other contenders that my dealer may offer.

Reactions: NorthStar

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
When looking @ the thread's title I knew that those KEF speakers are retailing for roughly $1,500/pair and all the reviews rave about them.

The Harbeth model you mentioned (30.2) are much more expensive and handsomely looking and not fairly comparable.
They are more the limousine type of high end monitor speakers, crafted and engineered for the love of music. Yes, if you find a used pair for roughly two grands that'll fit well into the decor. :)

This is going to be a great year, I can already smell it ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing