VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: EspenL

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Great system, congratulations - and the beautiful looks will also help!

Reactions: Maxb and EspenL

analyzer

VIP/Donor
May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
Great! I listened many times to the original version of Gr-ex midi, when Accuton ceramic drivers were employed as mids. A friend of mine has a pair here and I listened also in the showroom of the past Italian importer.
What I can say? I remember that these were the most demanding power of all Kharma production, the two woofer in parallel (manufactured by Eton, now they seems custom-made) needs a lot of Watts to sing and also great control by the amp. In comparison, the original "Exquisite Classic" (the Ones that Mike Lavigne had before) are more easier ti drive and by a large margin.
Be prepared to squeeze the D'Agostino amps... You'll be certainly satisfied!

EspenL

Aug 2, 2014
Norway
Great! I listened many times to the original version of Gr-ex midi, when Accuton ceramic drivers were employed as mids. A friend of mine has a pair here and I listened also in the showroom of the past Italian importer.
What I can say? I remember that these were the most demanding power of all Kharma production, the two woofer in parallel (manufactured by Eton, now they seems custom-made) needs a lot of Watts to sing and also great control by the amp. In comparison, the original "Exquisite Classic" (the Ones that Mike Lavigne had before) are more easier ti drive and by a large margin.
Be prepared to squeeze the D'Agostino amps... You'll be certainly satisfied!

Hi

Hi
They do not feel extremely heavy run! They may have done something after switching midrange? The sensitivity is not that bad either. My amplifier seems to handle this just fine :)

Espen L

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Wow, they look fantastic!

Reactions: EspenL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing