Killer news: Dexter returns for a limited Showtime series

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
All 4 episodes have been so good. A clear level above, much like the first half of the series.

Reactions: jeff1225

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I must admit that this season of Dexter is simply terrific. The writing is superb. However I have to wonder based on the current episode whether this season will be the only season if things go the way I think they might. Definitely worth a watch if you're a Dexter fan

Reactions: jadis

Steve Williams

Last night's episode of Dexter was chilling to say the least as Dexter and his son discover their commonality of 'their Dark Presence"

This season was shot in the cold of winter and the cinematography is excellent

There are 2 episodes left in this season and there is a 50-50 chance that it will go either way. Will it be Dexter or will it be his son. This new season of Dexter has only been renewed for this season so I wonder if this will wrap up the series with a much better ending than the first ending several years ago. I don't want to say more in case I divulge spoilers.

Definitely one of the best seasons of Dexter

Reactions: jadis and jeff1225

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Latecomer here but a big big fan of the whole series, got me into withdrawal pain when it all ended. Finished 5 episodes and indeed it's been terrific! Great storyline and not a rehash/reboot of the old stories.

Reactions: bonzo75

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I must admit that this season of Dexter is simply terrific. The writing is superb. However I have to wonder based on the current episode whether this season will be the only season if things go the way I think they might. Definitely worth a watch if you're a Dexter fan
I agree with you at Dexter is fantastic. Rebooting a show with not only a new location but a "newish" is a very novel idea, I wonder if it will catch on.

Reactions: Michael Davitt

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Finished all the 8 episodes. Now I'm hoping this is not the only season. You kinda miss the guy when he's gone.

Michael Davitt

VIP/Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I’m embarrassed to admit but my wife and I were Dexter addicted. Can’t wait for this Showtime series.

Bloodstain expert turned serial killer Dexter Morgan is returning to TV, Showtime announced Wednesday.

"Being away has been murder," the network said in a tweet announcing the news. Dexter, starring Michael C. Hall, aired on Showtime from 2006 to 2013. Hall will return for the new 10-episode series, the network said in a statement. (Showtime and CNET are both owned by ViacomCBS.)
There Will Be Blood !

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Clancy Brown is great!
I remember him as The Kernan in "Highlander"

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
1 more episode left. Have to wonder how it will all end. Great story writing.

Steve Williams

It can only go one of two ways as I see it. Dexter or his son. FWIW this season has been approved for one season only (if that might indicate foreshadowing)

Michael Davitt

VIP/Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Michael C. Hall, is great, he was excellent in Six Feet Under as well as Tom Delaney, British widower and doctor, in Safe, an eight-part Netflix original crime drama
perfect suspense !

Last edited:

Steve Williams

well a few weeks ago I said this show cn go one of 2 ways but after this last episode along with the preview of the final episode tells me this is going to be epic

We should have predictions here but that would have too many spoilers from this last episode

Reactions: jeff1225 and jadis

Michael Davitt

VIP/Donor
Nov 3, 2020
well if you're a Dexter fan and haven't watched the first episode of the new series, you are missing an excellent reboot of the series as it doesn't take long before Dexter feels his dark self taking over and he quickly finds his next prey and we are soon once again in Dexter's kill room as he dispatches his prey with one fell swoop.

There is an interesting few twists in this first episode that promise to add to Dexter's persona

well a few weeks ago I said this show cn go one of 2 ways but after this last episode along with the preview of the final episode tells me this is going to be epic

We should have predictions here but that would have too many spoilers from this last episode
As driven ... as the snow ?

I was especially interested by the introduction of the white or albino deer and the symbolism that it represents. Characterized
in the history of literature as it has been. Moby Dick, the white buffalo and others as a totem of foreboding alien-ness.

In Moby Dick, Ishmael proclaims, what bothers him about the whale is its' whiteness. He conveys all the natural and unnatural contexts in which whiteness is considered good or superior, including everything from pearls to priests’ white robes.
Then in a twist, Ishmael claims that the fundamental idea of whiteness "strikes more of panic to the soul than that redness which affrights in blood".

In "New Blood" Dexter tracks, no, . . . runs after the white deer
in blood lust. But most climatically does not kill. After 10 years of no premeditated murder, has he changed? The albino animal symbolizes purity, innocence, and is a taboo creature to hunt in some cultures. (Just as murder is disavowed )

Once the deer has been killed, however we see the return of the most dangerous urge.

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The last episode was great. Maybe better than the previous last episode which left many fans not too happy.

Steve Williams

Not only was the last episode great and very much predictable, it did serve to close the loop and bring a very fitting end to this series.

You could tell from the last episode the Harrison wasn't buying into the "code"nor the "Dark Passenger".

I loved it. Could there be a series in the future called "the Family Business"? ;)

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I was sad when it ended, I really liked this new location and all of the characters. I really thought they could have gone in a lot of interesting directions with the Native American characters.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing