Koda K10 preamp in my home for evaluation

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Koda Takumi MC1 is available (means can be ordered) to my knowledge, at least in Germany the MC1 Phono is part of the price list and technical information are available.

I will try to listen to a Koda MC1 within the next weeks.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
And what is the cost of the MC1?
My daydream window shopping is focussing on a GPA Monaco 2.0 tt on Stacore Advanced platform, Thales Statement linear tracker, Top Wing Red Sparrow cart and Koda MC1 phono on Stacore Advanced.
I think I could just about live w that.

Last edited:

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
in Germany MC1 has the same price point as K15ex, which is arround 70k eur

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Any news on the higher power Koda alternatives to the K70 monoblocks?

mr-particle

Dec 20, 2012
Germany
for me the RK MC one, same as the other RK stuff, is something to rest after a longer journey with trials of several phono stages (tubes & semiconductors).
the only downside is the availability of only one input, but this you will be happy to accept having in mind that there are no extra switches / relays involved coursing degradation of the week MC signals. So I have to switch cables or I will use for daily listening a switch box, either a commercial one, like Manley, or a DIY.
IMG_8527.jpg

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Mr-particle, that is v nice indeed.
Are there plans from Robert for a successor or alternative to K70?

mr-particle

Dec 20, 2012
Germany
unfortunately I can´t tell you – right now I am driving Horning Agalme speaker with the RK K70 GII and they are providing more than sufficient power. so I am happy with these amps and save the money for other projects, or even better “software”

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Wow great Mr-Practicle K15 Mc one K70G2 is creme the la creme Congratulations!
What TT Arm Cartridge interconnect are you using for your Analog Playback?

mr-particle

Dec 20, 2012
Germany
cartriges I am using for my analog playback are Lyra Etna, Dynavector XV1-t, ZYX Universe Premium & vdH Stardivarius. but my "working horses" are the Dynavector and the DS Master1. the Dynavector is not the last word regarding resolution and dynamic, but more forgiving in the case of not well recorded music, so you can enjoy listening to it - just my point of view. the DS Audio Master is great in delivering resolution, frequency range and dynamics, so my preference for orchestra and well recorded music.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Wow thats a very thought out filtered way of using different great Cartridges!
My Compliments.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
What are the feets under the K15 and Mc one?

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Mr-particle, that is v nice indeed.
Are there plans from Robert for a successor or alternative to K70?

I heard Robert said that a new poweramp would be launched in 2019.
Hope that it can be in time to be demoed at the annual Audioexotics Show in Hong Kong in July.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
for me the RK MC one, same as the other RK stuff, is something to rest after a longer journey with trials of several phono stages (tubes & semiconductors).
the only downside is the availability of only one input, but this you will be happy to accept having in mind that there are no extra switches / relays involved coursing degradation of the week MC signals. So I have to switch cables or I will use for daily listening a switch box, either a commercial one, like Manley, or a DIY.

http://www.goldpt.com/sw4.html

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I just added my Koda Takumi K10 MkII into the WBF classifieds list of offers:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/classifieds/

If someone is interested , just send me a PN

(moving over to Grandinote Genesi Pre and Demone mono amp combination)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Shakti, I had the K10 on trial in my system about 5-6 yrs ago. It was never likely to stay since I couldn't afford it. But for those who can, like you, I remain intrigued you'd ever get shot of it. It left a very big impression on me, despite a couple of caveats.

Reactions: amadeus and shakti

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Yes, you are right, the K10 ist one if the best Pre Amps someone can ever listen to.
But using the Grandinote Demone Mono Amps on my Maxx 3 speakers is such fun, that I will go for the matching Grandinote PreAmp. Maybe in 2 year I will hate myself for this decision. Specially as I priced the K10 to sell fast ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing