Krelles system with SMT room treatment!

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Wow ! Where is that store ? I may pay them a visit. I'm seriously considering redoing my own room using some SMT stuff.

BTW - did you not any adverse effects after putting the diffusors on the sidewals ? You speakers seem to be very close to the diffusors now.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Wow ! Where is that store ? I may pay them a visit. I'm seriously considering redoing my own room using some SMT stuff.

BTW - did you not any adverse effects after putting the diffusors on the sidewals ? You speakers seem to be very close to the diffusors now.

Hello and congratulation with the hammer throw gold! The store is in Stockholm, Sweden. Its not to far away:). Here is the homesite:

http://audioconcept.se/

I got some information from Matts on SMT that you can sit as near as 30 cm from backwall if you use the wingdiffusers. The same with the speakers to the first reflection to the Wall. I sit at 30cm from backwall and my speakers are 35 cm to the first reflection to s- wingdiffusers.

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
Audio Concept in Stockholm is truly a fanastic store with the competence to match the incredible equipment they have.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I rubbed the head of the iron boy behind the church so that's supposed to mean I'll return to Stockholm someday. Beautiful, beautiful city. Even more so now that there's an audio shop I now know about!

MasterChief

Jun 26, 2012
Sweden
I rubbed the head of the iron boy behind the church so that's supposed to mean I'll return to Stockholm someday. Beautiful, beautiful city. Even more so now that there's an audio shop I now know about!

Ahh, "Järnpojken" behind the finnish church :)

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
As you can see I use diffusers on the first reflection on the floor. These golden horn i used erlier but nowadays I use flower-wings on the floor. They are much more effecient.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Fantastic setup! Do you plan any changes?

I forgot I have a dream to get these speakercables from Bibacord. It is the top of the line speakercables among interconnect and digitalcable in the photo.

image.jpg

I had a visit at home from Fredrik who makes these cables. The competition was fierce :D. I had Kimber Select 3038 speakercables and Wireworld platinum interconnect. Listening to Oscar Peterson trio, then shift. Wow, this is the most natural, pure sounding cables i have heard. It ended with cableswitch :interconnect, speakercables, digitalcable and powercable. I have a friend who has listen and compared a lot more than me, He shifted almost every cable in his system. I have still not listened to the new top of the line speakercables, i wont do it til I can afford it

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Thank you Northstar! I found this old picture, but I think its a cool pic.

View attachment 11304

Yes, it's a cool picture that one, but also a little bit 'sterile' no? ...Or too professional. ...But I'm just saying on looks alone because I bet it sounds fabulous! :b

* Personal preference (suggestive): a nice Afghan carpet, and harem style ceiling.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Hello again! Yesterday I tried Stillpoints ultra mini with my Verity audio Sarastro. As I Wrote before I use the top of the speakers like bookshelf speakers. They Weigh in at 17,5 kg. The sound becomes more smooth, calmer but still more detailed. Voices become more natural, relaxed. As many of you say ( and stillpoints Themself)they are even more effective on speakers than under electronic devices. I can only recommend these minis for bookshelf speakers that dont Weigh To much. I have read somewhere that the minis can take 7kg/mini. Im impressed! Best regards Krelle

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Thanks for sharing! Very fascinating.

MBLs kinda power overkill for the Veritys? ;)

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Thanks for sharing! Very fascinating.

MBLs kinda power overkill for the Veritys? ;)

Thank you! Yes the Verity dont lack of power from Mbl 9008, thats for sure :D. I used to have tubeamplifiers before and the grip on the bass are much, much better now. What made the Mbl even better is this Isotek Supertitan. I was not ready that it could do so much good. Its starting to be crowdy in My listeningroom now:eek:

image.jpg

Best regards Krelle

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Thanks for sharing. Matts will be visiting me in 2 weeks time. I already have some of his diffusers (the tall, transparent ones) on order.

Krelle

Aug 5, 2013
Stockholm Sweden
Thanks for sharing. Matts will be visiting me in 2 weeks time. I already have some of his diffusers (the tall, transparent ones) on order.

Very nice! The transparent ones are really nice looking diffusers and very effective. Im looking forward to see some pictures later. Say hi from me to Matts. Are you going all in, SMT style?

Best regards Krelle

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing