Kuzma arms

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
IMHO Kuzma 4P11 is better than 4P14. Ruby bearing and better wiring (Kondo) improves performance even more. 4P14 can be useful if you have a very heavy cartridge with a very low compliance.

Thats alot of arm to push and pivot with , cant see that long an arm having more dynamics than a 10, 11-12” version , whats the real world comparison on this ..?

Regards

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Thats alot of arm to push and pivot with , cant see that long an arm having more dynamics than a 10, 11-12” version , whats the real world comparison on this ..?

Regards

I heard them side by side on the XLDC. I preferred the 14" though carts were slightly different - Transfiguration Proteus (11") vs Proteus D (14"). The 14" wasn't lacking in swing factor comparatively, but had an ease or effortlessness that I preferred. This may be the result not of a technical superiority of the arm. And when doing these comparisons, precise cartridge alignment verified by objective measurement is paramount, IMO. Minor differences in cartridge alignment causing differences in "IMD" is likely to sway the subjective impression more than 11" vs 14". And the latter is going to magnify alignment errors to a greater degree.

Apr 4, 2022
I heard them side by side on the XLDC. I preferred the 14" though carts were slightly different - Transfiguration Proteus (11") vs Proteus D (14"). The 14" wasn't lacking in swing factor comparatively, but had an ease or effortlessness that I preferred. This may be the result not of a technical superiority of the arm. And when doing these comparisons, precise cartridge alignment verified by objective measurement is paramount, IMO. Minor differences in cartridge alignment causing differences in "IMD" is likely to sway the subjective impression more than 11" vs 14". And the latter is going to magnify alignment errors to a greater degree.
Did both arms have the same wiring and ruby bearings?
That's the bulk of my conundrum - my 4P11 has Cardas & ruby whereas the 4P14 has standard wiring & no ruby.
As we know, the upgrade isn't cheap!

Apr 4, 2022
Neither had ruby and both had the standard silver wire. I upgraded one of my two 4P11 to ruby and Kondo. The difference between it and the the standard configuration is quite noticeable.
Good to know. Thank you.
I looked into getting my old 4P11 upgraded sometime ago and here in Australia it wasn't an affordable prospect. Ended up cheaper buying a new arm in the configuration I wanted and selling the original arm. Crazy...

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023

Agree , analog TT shootouts are very tedious and requires many back to back to come to a solid conclusion, maybe even swapping carts in your compare to close more loop holes ..!

Regards

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing