Lampizator Valve / Tube Rolling Review Thread

Gryffles

Sep 7, 2020
Australia
Exactly right, there is no other way to know which tubes work best until we try them.

My GG uses the older 5942 engine so perhaps that has something to do with it vs the newer versions.

I would have tried PX25 except I’m limited by the combined heater current draw with this balanced model
I would like to try the KR 242 however I’d only try used as the success rate is 50/50 from what I’ve read.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
You shouldn't listen to valves/tubes.

It's long been known they are rubbish.

In many respects they are.

But you have to sit there and listen.

Then, somehow, all the faults seem acceptable.

It is curious, I agree, but for me it does seem to be true.

Just spent a month on post #1 of this thread.

Those EML AD1s ring like fuck. Forget pre and post ring. They just ring like fuck. Bad boys, no question.

Like your fave sounding fucked up scratched to shit record, hard not to love when you compare them to other stuff because they really are ace sounding at times, even with all obvious flaws being apparent.

Time for a roll now, though.

All comments in post #1 still stand.

Reactions: Designsfx

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020

Those EML AD1s ring like fuck. Forget pre and post ring. They just ring like fuck. Bad boys, no question.

Like your fave sounding fucked up scratched to shit record, hard not to love when you compare them to other stuff because they really are ace sounding at times, even with all obvious flaws being apparent.

Bad hair day at work hon?

Designsfx

Sep 26, 2023
Los Angeles

Very introspective! Good to go with what you know to be sure. I’d also like to add that UFO and Space 1999 RULES!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing