Lampizator Valve / Tube Rolling Review Thread

Do you have a link for Power Lab? I can’t find any reference to it or an Ultimate Zero fuse.

Sorry for the typo, it should be power house, ultimate zero is their zero fuse audiophile Ultimate version

i can only find this link on ebay but the price is not very good honestly, i think we can buy it around 1.8-2k hkd in Hong Kong which is around 230-250 usd only

But this one is not their latest vesrion, i heard they will launch in q4 this year,

utimate zero give lots of dynamic and power which is a very good match with my ATC active speakers

I have a separate question - related to Lampi but not on the tubes this time. Has anyone of you upgraded your USB from Amanero to JL Sounds?
Can you share your experience/impressions from such upgrade? Is it worth it? What type of improvement does it bring? Especially in GG/GG2/Pacific?

Guys just my two cents - this Lampi Valve/Tube rolling thread is already as is super heavy to follow and adding "fuse" rolling just makes it even more confusing.
Maybe you could open a separate thread as people roll fuses even in non Lampi units and gain wider insight about results...

I have a separate question - related to Lampi but not on the tubes this time. Has anyone of you upgraded your USB from Amanero to JL Sounds?
Can you share your experience/impressions from such upgrade? Is it worth it? What type of improvement does it bring? Especially in GG/GG2/Pacific?
I had amanero in my GG2 and now JL in my Pacific so no direct comparison. I would say that JL doesn't play so nicely with USB cables and USB drivers at the source end, so I personally wouldn't bother

If you have a Taiko Extreme then you definitely want a JL Sounds USB card.

Isn't Lampizator moving to the JL Sounds card as standard in the pacific?

Reactions: ctydwn
Gents, thanks for your replies. Seems newer GG2 are with JL Sounds, and Pacific is less relevant as having ethernet input.
Need to speak to Lukasz to upgrade my unit - cost is very small.

Last edited:
I have spoken to Lampi team. My GG2 is with Amanero, they will upgrade it to JL Sounds next week (I live just 30 minutes drive from Lampi headquarters). I will report on sound improvements after upgrade.
For Pacific it is irrelevant, as Pacific is of course with Ethernet option. Most of GG2 units is already with JL Sounds - mine is not.
Like always - top notch service from Lampi team - they are great!

Reactions: christoph and Golum
I have spoken to Lampi team. My GG2 is with Amanero, they will upgrade it to JL Sounds next week (I live just 30 minutes drive from Lampi headquarters). I will report on sound improvements after upgrade.
For Pacific it is irrelevant, as Pacific is of course with Ethernet option. Most of GG2 units is already with JL Sounds - mine is not.
Why is it irrelevant that the Pacific has Ethernet? The USB output sounds better than Ethernet.

Get the Crystek oscillators and hence be galvanically isolated. That should make even really cheap USB boards in laptops work as well as super expensive units i.e. it will make the USB source hardware feeding the DAC pretty much irrelevant.

Just the standard JL board without the clock board is noticeably better than the Amanero. No driver installation required on Windows 10.

Get the Crystek oscillators and hence be galvanically isolated. That should make even really cheap USB boards in laptops work as well as super expensive units i.e. it will make the USB source hardware feeding the DAC pretty much irrelevant.

Just the standard JL board without the clock board is noticeably better than the Amanero. No driver installation required on Windows 10.
So, you mean I just needed to do this instead of buying a Taiko Extreme?:eek:

Thanks a lot. Do you have any particular model of Crystek in mind, that I should obtain?

So, you mean I just needed to do this instead of buying a Taiko Extreme?:eek:
That's the theory as I understand it.

In practice though I can't say. Try it when it's done with a laptop and compare to the Taiko.

Thanks a lot. Do you have any particular model of Crystek in mind, that I should obtain?

That's the oscillator board. Overall this setup needs a 5V supply and there may not be a spare one in the Pac.

Lampi should be able to sort that out. Or they can steal the optical 5V supply but you will lose that as an input option. But this is definitely what you want. The link describes the exact oscillator options. Get the expensive ones (Crystek), which still cost peanuts relatively.

Or don't bother with the oscillator board if you want to keep the Taiko I guess is also an option.

Last edited:
I am currently interested in 45 tubes (45, ux245, cx345,…)
Do you have any recommendations for specific types and/or recti combos?

That's the oscillator board. Overall this setup needs a 5V supply and there may not be a spare one in the Pac.

Lampi should be able to sort that out. Or they can steal the optical 5V supply but you will lose that as an input option. But this is definitely what you want. The link describes the exact oscillator options. Get the expensive ones (Crystek), which still cost peanuts relatively.

Or don't bother with the oscillator board if you want to keep the Taiko I guess is also an option.
Thanks a million!

I am currently interested in 45 tubes (45, ux245, cx345,…)
Do you have any recommendations for specific types and/or recti combos?
Actually I might have :D .
I do believe I have in the basement EML 45 Mesh and solid plate as well as EML 45 Globe mesh Ann, some NOS NU 45s and a few more of other variants of ST shape 45s. I've heard CX345 and UX245 in my system but unfortunately I don't own them. One which stands proudly above all 45s in my book is the EML 45 Globe Mesh Anniversary which is unfortunately unobtainable. Phenomenal tube by any means. One after that one is CX345 which again is not easy to source matched and not cheap...Except 45 Globe ann which shines across the board majority of 45s terrain where they excel is mids centric music (imho).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing